PHREAK'S Dynasty League (Discussion Thread)

WE-R-Lions

1 hour ago, WE-R-Lions said:

Thanks for the link but can't open it? Is it a paid site. The shark site is free.

In  2022 

Geno finished as the 5th best Scoring QB with 368 pt's in our league

Jackson finished 15th with 273 pt's

Moving forward.... how many TD's & rushing yards will King Henry takeway from Jackson?

You do realize that's 12 games for Lamar and 17 games for Geno right?

Just asking? 

4 minutes ago, detfan782004 said:

We have relatives in the league? Guess I don't pay attention enough 

Both owners involved in the trade have the same last name. Interesting, isn't it? Two Rentfrows? You can see names on the old ESPN site. 

Maybe someone lost a bet? Maybe they were drinking a bit? 

Maybe...

Hm. I'd love to hear from both sides on this one. King's Pride doesn't exactly post or comment very often or respond to trade offers at all, in my experience. Comes here, checks in for the draft...that's about it. 

Speaking of which, don't both still need to confirm the trade on here? Or did we do away with that? 

2 minutes ago, Lions017 said:

Both owners involved in the trade have the same last name. Interesting, isn't it? Two Rentfrows? You can see names on the old ESPN site. 

Maybe someone lost a bet? Maybe they were drinking a bit? 

Maybe...

Hm. I'd love to hear from both sides on this one. King's Pride doesn't exactly post or comment very often or respond to trade offers at all, in my experience. Comes here, checks in for the draft...that's about it. 

Speaking of which, don't both still need to confirm the trade on here? Or did we do away with that? 

We have not been confirming on here 

2 minutes ago, WE-R-Lions said:

Yes, a rushing QB carries risk, just like A Richardson.

So you think you're the one taking on risk here? 

You gave up next to nothing. 

I just...really?

You're quoting stats from two seasons ago, using a trade calculator that isn't specific to dynasty or the league settings, trading with a potential family member, maybe even yourself if I'm honest...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Lions017 said:

I'm just excited to draft Caleb Williams or Jayden Daniels. I should have my pick of the two at 3.07, no question. 

Caleb should be there around 3.07. I think that’s a bit risky of an investment for Jayden Id wait till around the 5th for a running QB. 

Lamar's rushing TD output has been 5, 7, 7, 2, 3, 5. 
Over the same time the Ravens rushing TD output has been 19, 21, 21, 18, 14, 26. 

I don't see Henry stealing a bunch of Lamar's TD's. He's going to steal them from the backups who (along with the starter) account for 2/3 or more of the Ravens rushing TD's each season. That's pretty standard throughout the years. Lamar isn't going to see a huge dip in points due to rushing TD output changing. If anything, I expect it to go up, closer to 5-7 earlier in his career to help keep teams guessing. 

Let's not forget who Lamar Jackson is:
2x NFL MVP (2019, 2023)
2x First Team All Pro (2019, 2023)
3x Pro Bowl (2019, 2021, 2023)
Bert Bell Award winner - Player of the year (2019)
NFL passing TD Leader in 2019
NFL Record holder for the most single season rushing yards by a QB with 1,206 in 2019
Heisman Trophy winner
The list goes on

It's hard to downplay the value of arguably the most electric player to ever play in the NFL, fresh off an MVP and All-Pro season, who is only 27. He finished as the 5th highest scoring QB in our settings last year (383), only 2 points behind Jordan Love (385). He has arguably the best supporting cast he's ever had, and has led the league in passing TD's in the past. That guy was just traded for pick 3.10. That's wild value, especially after Stroud arguably setting a market price of at least a 1st+ a handful of trades earlier. I doubt @Lions017 would take 1.9 from me right now for Love, let alone 3.9. I wouldn't move Tua for that. @detfan782004 shot me down for 2 firsts + plater value for Stroud. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, X_Factor_40 said:

Over the same time the Ravens rushing TD output has been 19, 21, 21, 18, 14, 26. 

I don't see Henry stealing a bunch of Lamar's TD's. He's going to steal them from the backups who (along with the starter) account for 2/3 or more of the Ravens rushing TD's each season. That's pretty standard throughout the years. Lamar isn't going to see a huge dip in points due to rushing TD output changing. If anything, I expect it to go up, closer to 5-7 earlier in his career to help keep teams guessing. 

2x NFL MVP (2019, 2023)
NFL Record holder for the most single season rushing yards by a QB with 1,206 in 2019
Heisman Trophy winner
The list goes on

It's hard to downplay the value of arguably the most electric player to ever play in the NFL, fresh off an MVP and All-Pro season, who is only 27. He finished as the 5th highest scoring QB in our settings last year (383), only 2 points behind Jordan Love (385). He has arguably the best supporting cast he's ever had, and has led the league in passing TD's in the past. That guy was just traded for pick 3.10. That's wild value, especially after Stroud arguably setting a market price of at least a 1st+ a handful of trades earlier. I doubt @Lions017 would take 1.9 from me right now for Love, let alone 3.9. I wouldn't move Tua for that. @detfan782004 shot me down for 2 firsts + plater value for Stroud. 

Yes I did shoot down two firsts. I never mentioned that here but it's a fact 

39 minutes ago, X_Factor_40 said:

2x NFL MVP (2019, 2023)
Heisman Trophy winner
The list goes on

He also did that last year in a new offensive scheme for what it’s worth. 

I posted this trade on Reddit to get the thoughts of people that don't have any emotional stake in this. 

Some highlights include...

"Definitely seems like collusion. If it’s up to commish then they should veto that"

"This is an obvious bull**** trade. IF the owner actually is comish brother like OP commented, I would band other owners together in a league walk out. Commish knows it’s bull. I understand allowing teams their own autonomy but this ain’t it."

"One area that's tough is the commish has the advantage usually in 'knowing everybody' so if they have decent sales tactics they can put more offers and pressure on people. Another thing is that not all trades have to be graded perfectly fair. Part of the fun is that players think they got the better end of a trade, and you might not know who's right until later.

All that said, this trade really looks bad.

Lamar Jackson is worth way more than Geno Smith... the only way this trade would be fair is if that rookie pick was a late first or early second, not a late third. It is 1QB so Lamar doesn't have quite the insane value he has in Superflex, but still. Lamar is still young (28) and quite good. Geno is probably on his way out in the not too distant future, Seattle was actively looking to add a QB this draft."

"10 years and Team B still doesn't understand football? Brutal.

But yeah terrible trade. Nothing you can do about it."

Still waiting to hear a response from @LionsRock and more from the LM on how this trade is being justified. Also, maybe we need an explanation on the relationship between those two? 

Edited by Lions017
  • Like 4