Random Thoughts

AnAngryAmerican

Love Lamar Jackson. Love him, love watching him play. He single-handedly kept BAL in this game and gave them a chance to win.

Missing those two shots in the end zone to Likely and then Flowers is inexcusable. Great play at the end that didn’t quite work out, but each of the two plays before that were easy TD’s. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, broncosfan_101 said:

Love Lamar Jackson. Love him, love watching him play. He single-handedly kept BAL in this game and gave them a chance to win.

Missing those two shots in the end zone to Likely and then Flowers is inexcusable. Great play at the end that didn’t quite work out, but each of the two plays before that were easy TD’s. 

He's a lot of fun to watch.  For some reason though his game hasn't transferred over into playoff football. His 4 playoff years he's had great defenses (rated 3,3,2 and 1) but he can't seem to get it done. His QB rating drops over 20 points in the post season. Who knows, maybe this'll be the year. 

5 hours ago, AKRNA said:

He's a lot of fun to watch.  For some reason though his game hasn't transferred over into playoff football. His 4 playoff years he's had great defenses (rated 3,3,2 and 1) but he can't seem to get it done. His QB rating drops over 20 points in the post season. Who knows, maybe this'll be the year. 

It’s because he has to see his receivers open. He’s an elite athlete, perhaps the best in NFL history. But he doesn’t play on schedule. The missed TD to Flowers is a perfect example. He bails out of what was still a clean pocket (though closing) to scramble. He does keep his eyes down field which is more than most running QBs, but then he has his one read and didn’t seem to understand the rest of the play. It wasn’t even intended for flowers. Not only was Bateman his read but flowers coming into view surprised him so at the last minute he threw the ball….no where?

Reporter: Lamar, the press box is in the cloud, so it's hard to see what was going on there. The play before to Flowers, did the ball get tipped out of your hand, or was that just you misfiring?

Lamar: No. I'm actually... I went scrambling... I had seen Chris Jones was on Justice Hill. Justice Hill was blocking Chris Jones, so I was trying to help Justice out. And I tried to get out-of-pocket and I seen Bateman flying across. So I'm thinking Bateman is going to stop. As I'm throwing the ball, I see Zay flying across and I'm like "f..." That wasn't intended for Zay Flowers. So yea. I was teed off about that because if I had held onto it a little bit more, I would have fired it to Zay for the touchdown.

• Like 2

Lamar is a lot like Peyton Manning in my opinion  his teams and gms conjure up teams to fit his skill set much like Peyton In INDy. They build offenses around those qbs skill sets because it's a cheat code basically netting you a high seed in the regular season. But Lamar has he mastered his passing no and he's 6+ years in. Peytons offenses weren't always the most physical establishing the run and they had and undersized defense easier so wear out.

3 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

Lamar is a lot like Peyton Manning in my opinion  his teams and gms conjure up teams to fit his skill set much like Peyton In INDy. They build offenses around those qbs skill sets because it's a cheat code basically netting you a high seed in the regular season. But Lamar has he mastered his passing no and he's 6+ years in. Peytons offenses weren't always the most physical establishing the run and they had and undersized defense easier so wear out.

IND had terrible D’s.    It’s why Peyton was only able to beat TB12 2x in the playoffs while in Indy - and it took Bob Sanders going HAM on D in one of the 2 times.  

At least BAL committed to run the ball last night.   That January game plan where RB’s ran it 6x and he ran 9x was criminal.    

UK’s comment on Lamar having to see the open guy definitely applies.  It’s a shame because with his elusiveness and mobility if he could throw to spots and not have to see the guy come open he’d level up In January.     It’s also how he absolutely obliterates D’s who haven’t faced him in 2-3 years or more - because so many defenders aren’t ready for his speed / burst / elusiveness (tape is only so good at showing it).

That weakness is how D’s neutralize him and why their 2nd game for non-division D’s facing him in the same year often goes better than the first (division opponents see him so much they are better prepared to play him and deal with his speed).  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

It’s because he has to see his receivers open. He’s an elite athlete, perhaps the best in NFL history. But he doesn’t play on schedule. The missed TD to Flowers is a perfect example. He bails out of what was still a clean pocket (though closing) to scramble. He does keep his eyes down field which is more than most running QBs, but then he has his one read and didn’t seem to understand the rest of the play. It wasn’t even intended for flowers. Not only was Bateman his read but flowers coming into view surprised him so at the last minute he threw the ball….no where?

Reporter: Lamar, the press box is in the cloud, so it's hard to see what was going on there. The play before to Flowers, did the ball get tipped out of your hand, or was that just you misfiring?

Lamar: No. I'm actually... I went scrambling... I had seen Chris Jones was on Justice Hill. Justice Hill was blocking Chris Jones, so I was trying to help Justice out. And I tried to get out-of-pocket and I seen Bateman flying across. So I'm thinking Bateman is going to stop. As I'm throwing the ball, I see Zay flying across and I'm like "f..." That wasn't intended for Zay Flowers. So yea. I was teed off about that because if I had held onto it a little bit more, I would have fired it to Zay for the touchdown.

My dad used to refer to Mahomes as a  QB that can run and Jackson as a RB that could throw.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

I'm gonna be that guy if your the packers what do you offer to get wilson from the broncos you can't punt on the season with malik willis?

I think it's a given that Wilson will be traded by November 5th, the trade deadline. To whom and for what are the questions.

17 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

I guess I don't really see any similarities, more like exact opposites. PM was the ultimate cerebral QB, but no athlete. Lamar doesn't impress on the cerebral scale but is off the charts as an athlete.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

I'm gonna be that guy if your the packers what do you offer to get wilson from the broncos you can't punt on the season with malik willis?

Even if they just want him as a back up. They saw him up close at his best. They traded a 7th for Willis so I would think a 3 and swap of 6s? Maybe a 4th?

• Like 1