Should Blake start?

pwny

18 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

That stuff happens all the time. Not like he did it front of the mic...he said it im the heat of practice after Bortles didn't give him a chance and threw it out of bounds.

Would hardly say that meamd he doesnt want to be here. If we pay him he isnt leaving. If he doesnt, you tag him.

I didn’t mean this one incident changes his decision. I meant that I expect him to get increasingly frustrated with the QBs’ ineffectiveness to get him the ball.

45 minutes ago, iPwn said:

I didn’t mean this one incident changes his decision. I meant that I expect him to get increasingly frustrated with the QBs’ ineffectiveness to get him the ball.

Fair enough. With him just coming off a rookie deal though I think hes more interested in getting paid and as much security $$ wise as possible. He was elite production wise with Blake in 2015...think he'll get his either way.

There's so much frustration over Blake so far in TC between players, coaches, etc. Unless Marrone and Hackett like what they see in Henne I have a hard time believing we dont do something here with the win now attitude of Coughlin and co. Im sure Blake will start the first few games regardless but if the interceptions keep continuing to be the norm there is no way they keep trotting him out there.

On 8/13/2017 at 8:03 PM, iPwn said:

If Blake is bad, we’re like a 3 win team. If Henne plays, we’ll maybe win 5 or so. 

I think there's your answer.

Might as well go with Bortles.  If he somehow miraculously turns things around, you have a shot at actually winning more than 5 games or so.  If he doesn't, well...5 wins or so is still very bad.  Why settle for what you already know is not good enough, when you could shoot for the moon and hilariously awful with an outside chance of winning a respectable number of games?

On 8/14/2017 at 10:28 AM, Adrenaline_Flux said:

He did say though that he has thrown more up to this point than he did all of offseason + preseason last year.

We know Bortles has been put on a pitch count before because he's had significant issues with arm durability.  He throws too much and his already shaky mechanics completely fall apart, wear and tear on his arm gets even worse as a result, he starts throwing even more erratically which just compounds with his spotty decisionmaking...and you get the absolute worst version of Bortles.

I know they want to get this whole pick6 problem sorted before the real season...but i don't see overworking him with too many throws in practice/preseason and stressing his arm as doing anything but making the situation worse.

4 hours ago, Tugboat said:

I'd be down for trying Teddy Bridgewater still, if he's going to be healthy enough to play, and were to be available at a reasonable price.

The rest of those options are pretty yucky, for various reasons.

Would love Teddy. Probably just a game manager whether the injury happened or not but if we can have what he was prior this team is much, much better.

57 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Would love Teddy. Probably just a game manager whether the injury happened or not but if we can have what he was prior this team is much, much better.

Yeah. Exactly. Really the only sort of "panic" move I could get behind. At worst, he'd be a game manager who can just not pull a Bortle and scuttle games with pick sixes. But there's also still real upside there imo. 

Heck, Bradford might even work. Doesn't seem like minny are in a big hurry to move either though. And also seems uncertain when exactly Teddy will be ready to game.  

Now if we could've sniped Cutler before the Dolphins...that would've been fun at least. 

6 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Yeah. Exactly. Really the only sort of "panic" move I could get behind. At worst, he'd be a game manager who can just not pull a Bortle and scuttle games with pick sixes. But there's also still real upside there imo. 

Heck, Bradford might even work. Doesn't seem like minny are in a big hurry to move either though. And also seems uncertain when exactly Teddy will be ready to game.  

Now if we could've sniped Cutler before the Dolphins...that would've been fun at least. 

Cutler is just a sulky Bortles

Here's a comment from a Vikings fan about Teddy Bridgewater: 

Garbage

Teddy is trash. Last in deep ball, 31st in yards per game, last in red zone (40% inside 20, 35% inside 10 ), 14 tds and 9ints is atrocious ( 4 of those came against a horrendous bears team at the end of the year ), he had 6 games without a TD pass, in 2015, and 9 sub 200 hundred yard passing games, think about how horrible that is.

It is clear as day he cannot make all the nfl throws, I’m amazed anyone thinks he could ever amounts to anything better than an Alex Smith type qb ( which is being very generous ). Now with a horrible knee injury his mobility is gone, which was his only asset, and no mark of any good to great qb without incredible arm talent (which teddy lacks severely).

Wallace in his own words said, "I want to play with a real qb", well with Flacco he had over 1000 yards and Flacco had a horrible year.

Sam comes in, no off-season, worse offensive line, no run game, worse wrs, coaching changes, etc. And he gets diggs and thielen to almost 1000 yards each, got Rudolph back on the map, this would never even be a possibility under Teddy. How can some people not draw the correlation here baffles me, we have suffered through seemingly decades of abysmal qb play and we finally get a reasonably good qb ( I know Sam isn’t the greatest, but far from the worst ) yet so many fans are under some insane assumption a kid who REGRESSED heavily his second year, now with a horrendous knee injury, is going to jump right back in and be some all star QB…please.

Teddy rubes are insufferable and are inept of making any sort of objective assessment of him. Yes, he’s a great kid, but he’s a horrible qb. We need to sign Sam for 3-4 years and look for the next guy.

Posted by puffpurp on Aug 15, 2017 | 8:20 PM

Let's debate. Is that worth trading for? Is he getting a bad rep after his only full starting season? There were some strong opposing factors such as him leading the team to winning position in the playoff game against the Seahawks, just to watch the kick get botched. 

Archived