Should Blake start?

pwny

12 hours ago, .Buzz said:

I dont really agree with @Tugboat assessment so I can't answer for him or anyone else with that view but getting booed all the time by your home crowd after every poor pass these past couple years I'd imagine does more harm then good. 

I think Bortles confidence is shot from his struggles more than us. If you want to blame Olsen then i can see why as he struggles with mechanics and Olsen didn't let him go work on it last offseason, but I think his confidence is lost because of his own play and struggles. Work all offseason this year now to tune up mechanics and they still are bad and hes throwing 5 ints in a practice and having terrible showing in the preseason.

Its yr 4, mechanics still being a huge problem is ridiculous. Footwork was bad and arm motion wasnt quite as bad as last year but its not much better watching it last night. Hes a hard worker but it just doesnt look to be in the cards. 

Due to his turnover problems weve now forced him to manage the game now too, which isnt what he does. 

What do you not agree with?

That Blake looks broken? That he looked promising and had some swagger when he first arrived?

The thing that's ridiculous to me, is the fixation on mechanics. The idea of drafting a guy that high with ramshackle mechanics and thinking you can "fix" them. Lol. 

The realistic hope for Bortles was always basically that he'd be successful despite some inconsistent and unconventional mechanics. That's looking like it's not going to be a thing. 

I still think he's the highest upside QB on this roster and the guy they should go with for the time being. But he looks so broken right now. Like he's trying to be something he's not. He's a gunslinger trying to play game manager and that's not the way smart coaches manage that situation. It doesn't work that way. 

8 hours ago, Tugboat said:

What do you not agree with?

That Blake looks broken? That he looked promising and had some swagger when he first arrived?

The thing that's ridiculous to me, is the fixation on mechanics. The idea of drafting a guy that high with ramshackle mechanics and thinking you can "fix" them. Lol. 

The realistic hope for Bortles was always basically that he'd be successful despite some inconsistent and unconventional mechanics. That's looking like it's not going to be a thing. 

I still think he's the highest upside QB on this roster and the guy they should go with for the time being. But he looks so broken right now. Like he's trying to be something he's not. He's a gunslinger trying to play game manager and that's not the way smart coaches manage that situation. It doesn't work that way. 

The roster we have you seem very, very down on as far as talent and act as if even with a solid QB this team isnt going anywhere or has a chance at anything. I dont agree with that at all...

The 2nd thing I dont agree with is thst we "broke Blake". The guy is going into yr 4 and had an awful rookie season and terrible 3rd season. Due to this, we had to fire our HC, fire multiple position coaches, bring in a guy to head all operations and oversee everything, etc. When all of this happens, the new guys on the building have zero attachment to the QB and shpuldnt when he has been one of the buggest laughing stocks as far as QBs go with mechanics (which wouls have never worked in the NFL), terrible decision making, etc. 

Due to all of this and him having only one decent year in his three year career, and the woes of this team last year being our running game and turnover prone of a QB, we brought in a RB and want to limit what the QB has to do because for the first three years Blake has done what he wanted to do and we've picked top 5 every year doing that.

Is Blakes confidence shattered? Yeah, it is. But that is very heavily due to his own play and because going into year 4 he still hasnt progressed into anything mirroring a franchise QB at any level. Due to this, only the GM who has a guy to answer to is left from the regime that selected him and when that happens, well ya know...hes pretty much done unless he miraculously improves. Pretty obvious he is still struggling in so many parts of his games and does more harm then good while out there.

Archived