Final Roster Cutdown: 2019

coordinator0

Current roster:

QB    Joe Flacco    Robert Griffin III    Lamar Jackson                
RB    Alex Collins    Javorius Allen    Kenneth Dixon                
FB    Patrick Ricard                        
WR    Michael Crabtree    John Brown    Willie Snead    Chris Moore    Jordan Lasley    Janarion Grant    
TE    Nick Boyle    Hayden Hurst    Mark Andrews    Maxx Williams            
OT    Ronnie Stanley    James Hurst    Orlando Brown                
OG    Marshal Yanda    Alex Lewis    Jermaine Eluemunor                
C    Matt Skura    Bradley Bozeman                    

DL    Brandon Williams    Michael Pierce    Willie Henry    Brent Urban    Chris Wormley    Zach Seiler    
OLB    Terrell Suggs    Matt Judon    Za'Darius Smith    Tyus Bowser    Tim Williams        
ILB    C.J. Mosley    Patrick Onwuasor    Kenny Young    Chris Board            
CB    Brandon Carr    Marlon Humphrey    Tavon Young    Maurice Canady    Anthony Averett    Darious Williams    
S    Eric Weddle    Tony Jefferson    Anthony Levine    Chuck Clark            

K    Justin Tucker                        
P    Sam Koch                        
LS    Morgan Cox                        

3 UDFAs made the team: Grant, Chris Board, and Darious WIlliams. The last 2 are a bit surprising. 

Several notable cuts: Perriman, Carl Davis, Siragusa, Kaufusi, White and Waller. Perriman and Carl Davis were deserved as neither stepped to earn the roster spot. Siragusa is a bit disappointing given the need for O-line depth, but I'm only going off his college tape and he may no longer be the same player after the injury. I'd have put Kaufusi on the 53 as well given Henry's absence and Urban being likely to last only a few games. I expect Kaufusi to be picked up. I hope we can get De'Lance Turner back on the PS too. 

I'm happy Seiler made the roster. He should be getting snaps immediately too given Henry's injury. Will be interesting. Wormley too for that matter.

Not sad to see Kaufusi go. I've never been very high on him and would rather others get the opportunity. Davis is disappointing given his sparse flashes but he didn't deserve/earn it either. 

Perriman... good luck sir. A big disappointment and a lot of that likely had to di with his injuries his first couple of preseasons. Hard to get over that kind of hump. Urban did eventually, but it's rare.

Pretty surprised by Siragusa getting cut. His major knee injury last year might have changed him though. We didn't get to see him all through training camp. If there was anything to hold onto there I can't imagine the team cutting him given their need on the line. Maybe a trip to the practice squad will help as his knee slowly recovers. Perhaps in somewhat the same type of path Jensen had.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO TIM WHITE! But yeah, he just didn't look like the returner he was in college during the games. More impressive as a receiver but Baltimore's top four spots were locked up and we all know the team wants to keep their recent draft picks (Lasley) if IR isn't an option. 

Vince Mayle losing out to Maxx Williams isn't exactly surprising, but cutting him probably wasn't something the team wanted to do. No room for him though.

As it stands the roster is actually pretty balanced. There isn't one position group that's bloated compared to the others. We'll see what happens after tomorrow but I think the team is set. The thing I'm watching for is McClellan being re-signed after the first week so the team isn't locked into his veteran salary being guaranteed.

I'm kinda surprised that Eluemunor made the roster over Siragusa.  I was sure that if they were only going to carry the usual 8 OL that he would be the one to go.

Board making the roster should be a surprise except Zrebriec pretty much tipped everyone off that one of McClellan and he would make it after Young's injury in the last PS game

Siragusa is the only mild surprise, but when you factor the injury in ehh. Hope he clears waivers and can try and rebuild on our PS. He would've fit perfectly with the line we're trying to build too, oh well. I guess Eluemanor's ability to play 2 positions horribly won the day, versatility :D.

Sieler and Wormley are going to do big things for us. JLas too.

Are there any updates out on Kenny Young's injury?

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I'm so damn excited about TIm Williams this year man

The starting Tackles we're projected to face:

Bills-  Dion Dawkins and Jordan Mills

Bengals- Cordy Glenn and Bobby Hart/Jake Fisher/Cedric Ogbuehi

Broncos- Garrett Bolles and Jared Veldheer

Steelers- Alejandro Villanueva and Marcus Gilbert

Browns- Joel Bitonio/Desmon Harrison and Chris Hubbard

Titans- Taylor Lewan and Jack Conklin

Saints-  Terron Armstead and Ryan Ramczyk

Panthers- Matt Kalil and Taylor Moton/Corey Robinson

Raiders- Kolton Miller and Donald Penn

Falcons- Jake  Mathews and Ryan Schraeder

Chiefs- Eric Fisher and Mitchell Swartz

Buccaneers- Donovan Smith and Demar Dotson

Chargers- Russell Okung and Joe Barksdale

Very few of these players have any shot at surviving Tim's burst off the line, then add in Marlon, Tavon, and Jimmy in coverage. That's pure evil.

1 hour ago, DreamKid said:

The starting Tackles we're projected to face:

Bills-  Dion Dawkins and Jordan Mills

Bengals- Cordy Glenn and Bobby Hart/Jake Fisher/Cedric Ogbuehi

Broncos- Garrett Bolles and Jared Veldheer

Steelers- Alejandro Villanueva and Marcus Gilbert

Browns- Joel Bitonio/Desmon Harrison and Chris Hubbard

Titans- Taylor Lewan and Jack Conklin

Saints-  Terron Armstead and Ryan Ramczyk

Panthers- Matt Kalil and Taylor Moton/Corey Robinson

Raiders- Kolton Miller and Donald Penn

Falcons- Jake  Mathews and Ryan Schraeder

Chiefs- Eric Fisher and Mitchell Swartz

Buccaneers- Donovan Smith and Demar Dotson

Chargers- Russell Okung and Joe Barksdale

Very few of these players have any shot at surviving Tim's burst off the line, then add in Marlon, Tavon, and Jimmy in coverage. That's pure evil.

I'm really anxious to see how Martindale manages our pass rush. Lots of OLB's to get on the field but not enough snaps to go around.

7 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I'm really anxious to see how Martindale manages our pass rush. Lots of OLB's to get on the field but not enough snaps to go around.

I'm excited too, it's honestly a good problem to have. So long as we use them all effectively. 

Matt Judon said at a presser that they're all having a competition to see who ends up with the most sacks by seasons end. So that's a great indicator that a proper rotation will finally be in place.

Chad Hansen and Deontay Burnett were both waived, I'd like the team to take a look at both. Though, I think Burnett will reunite with Sam Darnold. Hansen was such a beast at Cal, and looked good for the Jets in their final few games last season. They had a crowded and odd WR room which got Chad the axe, but he's still a great prospect. 

He has great hands(0 drops), great athleticism(6.74 3 cone), and a skill set our other guys at the position don't have.

Here's a great breakdown on him- https://www.ganggreennation.com/2018/7/21/17597806/can-chad-hansen-break-out-this-year-breaking-down-hansens-mini-2017-new-york-jets-routes-blocking-wr

^^ It includes tape evaluation, how his Jets teammates praised him and consider him a breakout player, and testimony on the fact that the Jets aren't playing him.

He had multiple guys ahead of him, and with the Jets trying to get Teddy B and Sam D work with starters this preseason they just never played him.

Someone is going to pick him up and I hope it's us.

Yeah, I would take a flyer on Hansen. The Ravens figure to have at least one spot open with Henry likely going on IR (after yesterday's deadline so he can return later on). Maybe Hurst too, but his injury sounds like it will take less time to heal. I'm not exactly ruling out a RGIII trade either. 

Waivers clear in under an hour. Will be interesting to see all the claims.

Archived