What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

5 minutes ago, Bednarik60 said:

Houston is screwed long term unless they un-pave a ton of it and restore the natural wetland and natural areas around and in Houston. Its just going to get worst. Its essentially a giant man made pool waiting to be filled every year.

Isn't this the same argument that's made about any major city that is hit by a hurricane?

2 minutes ago, Bednarik60 said:

Houston is screwed long term unless they un-pave a ton of it and restore the natural wetland and natural areas around and in Houston. Its just going to get worst. Its essentially a giant man made pool waiting to be filled every year.

Source?

1 minute ago, Bednarik60 said:

Just going to keep costing our economy massive amounts of money and kill tons of people but who cares right, its home, history lol. 

What you're proposing - removing a significant portion of the city's infrastructure - would remove roughly $503,000,000,000 from the US Economy.

But yeah. Let's just rip it from the ground.

Just now, EliteTexan80 said:

Source?

What you're proposing - removing a significant portion of the city's infrastructure - would remove roughly $503,000,000,000 from the US Economy.

Source ? LOL you don't know this? Really? 

1 minute ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Assuming I'm understanding him correctly, there's no reason to have any cities 50+ miles from a coastline.  It's nonsensical to me.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bednarik60 said:

Maybe you just go to houses, buildings, roads on stilts. I dunno.  Seems dumb to repair the city back original and just wait for it happen again. 

Given the overall impact of this one particular storm - arguably the strongest storm to hit Texas in the last 51 years - I think we'll be waiting long after we're all dead.

But hey, gotta plan ahead, no?

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Assuming I'm understanding him correctly, there's no reason to have any cities 50+ miles from a coastline.  It's nonsensical to me.

Maybe in the Gulf coast its a really bad idea. You want shipping ports and things of those natures but you don't want millions of people living in the way of a hurricane/flood zone. 

Just now, Bednarik60 said:

Maybe in the Gulf coast its a really bad idea. You want shipping ports and things of those natures but you don't want millions of people living in the way of a hurricane/flood zone. 

I'll bite...how do you propose keeping active ports open, yet expect those working it to live 50+ miles away?