What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

1 minute ago, eagles101 said:

First one my brother in-law cut the pad of his finger off and they thought he didnt have insurance and said it was something like 200 dollars then he said he had some sort of insurance and it was going to be 800.

There is no ER visit that is $200 without insurance.  This is false info.  $800 is more in line, and that’s most likely his deductible (or part of it).

The 200 might have been an initial payment or something like that, he’d have been billed for the rest.

then i went for a panic attack and it was 3000 total with but i would have to pay 400 and 250 without.

Again, this is false.  

If this were really the case no one would submit insurance info...

1 minute ago, DoleINGout said:

Good to know as a reference. I wonder if it costs more to get imaging and stuff done.

I got an xray for my ribs during the panic attack. I strained my chest wall or something and so i couldnt breath in properly. Then i coughed hard and it hurt so bad i threw up and it caused me to hve a panic attack. So they xrayed my ribs to see if they were broken. 

I actually just remebered i had an xray.

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

There is no ER visit that is $200 without insurance.  This is false info.  $800 is more in line, and that’s most likely his deductible (or part of it).

The 200 might have been an initial payment or something like that, he’d have been billed for the rest.

Again, this is false.  

If this were really the case no one would submit insurance info...

Welp i have the bill sooo. I dodnt say it was better to not hve insurance. Im just saying its crazy thats how it turned out. 

Rechecked it was 250 not 200.

Edited by eagles101

Just now, eagles101 said:

Welp i have the bill sooo. I dodnt say it was better to not hve insurance. Im just saying its crazy thats how it turned out. 

Again, the lesser amount may have been essentially a portion you’d have paid up front.  They’d have billed you for the rest.

Without insurance you’re responsible for the full portion, which is significantly more than 200.

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Again, the lesser amount may have been essentially a portion you’d have paid up front.  They’d have billed you for the rest.

Without insurance you’re responsible for the full portion, which is significantly more than 200.

Nope your wrong. Full bill was 250. Would post the bill where it says insured amount due 3000 non insured amount due 250 but the whole personal information thing.

2 minutes ago, eagles101 said:

Nope your wrong. Full bill was 250. Would post the bill where it says insured amount due 3000 non insured amount due 250 but the whole personal information thing.

It's impossible for them to charge you more for having insurance than it would have cost total without insurance. Like how does that even make sense to you? If that even did happen you could have told them to not bill your insurance, you have the right to pay out of pocket yourself for anything you want, even if you do have insurance.

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

126 seconds to check the two nearest hospitals to me for a hand X-ray, 3 views.

I got the 73130 code from one hospital in like 90 seconds. One took down my information to call me back. The other I was on hold for a few minutes and had to get off.

I don’t think you’re getting it, the non-insured amount isn’t the full bill, it’s the amount due at the time of service.

I’m not going to go round and round on this, but the average ER bill is typically 3-4 x that, at a minimum.  Normally I wouldn’t care when folks spew nonsense, but I don’t want someone to read this and say “huh, it’s cheaper not not even have insurance” and go to an ER and end up with a large bill weeks later.

Again, if this were actually a thing, why would anyone submit insurance info? 

1 minute ago, TXsteeler said:

It's impossible for them to charge you more for having insurance than it would have cost total without insurance. Like how does that even make sense to you? If that even did happen you could have told them to not bill your insurance, you have the right to pay out of pocket yourself for anything you want, even if you do have insurance.

Thank you!

Just now, TXsteeler said:

Ya dont get it. But they had a bill thay said the total for insured and uninsured. 

But you can believe it or not doesnt matter to me but this is awesome for me. Because thats what happened. We paid 250 and no more bills. So for me this is just a perfect example of this stuff being beyond nonsensical. 

1 minute ago, cddolphin said:

I got the 73130 code from one hospital in like 90 seconds. One took down my information to call me back. The other I was on hold for a few minutes and had to get off.

Check your insurer’s website, they probably have a comparison tool that will also incorporate your benefit info.

Probably a lot easier, you just select each family you want to price.

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I don’t think you’re getting it, the non-insured amount isn’t the full bill, it’s the amount due at the time of service.

I’m not going to go round and round on this, but the average ER bill is typically 3-4 x that, at a minimum.  Normally I wouldn’t care when folks spew nonsense, but I don’t want someone to read this and say “huh, it’s cheaper not not even have insurance” and go to an ER and end up with a large bill weeks later.

Again, if this were actually a thing, why would anyone submit insurance info? 

Your not getting that i didnt pay anything up front and got a bill a week later. Then paid nothing else. No more bills. 

Ya dont get it. But they had a bill thay said the total for insured and uninsured. 

But you can believe it or not doesnt matter to me but this is awesome for me. Because thats what happened. We paid 250 and no more bills. So for me this is just a perfect example of this stuff being beyond nonsensical. 

Explain to me why that would make sense? Give me a logical reason how they could charge someone x amount of dollars for something but if they have insurance, they have to pay 10x for it even after their insurance covers part of it?