What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

1 minute ago, TXsteeler said:

Why are you worried about the distinction between capitalism and communism and not just worried about what makes this a better country for 320 million Americans vs a few 10,000 people?

I’m not giving my opinion at all, just presenting the other side of the arguement.

WHO ranks our health care system 37th in the world, in between Costa Rica and Slovenia.

Maybe we, as the lone remaining super power, should be doing stuff like the 36 countries ahead of us. ??‍♀️

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

The facitlty is required, absolutely, and the MD and facility are able bill you for payment of services rendered.

An individual MD is not required to do so. I can’t force an ortho surgeon to take me on as a patient if they don’t care to.

Sure, but you're needlessly limiting the scope of the question to try and influence to answer. The relevant question is "are you entitled to health care?" not "are you entitled to health care from me?"

Lazy analogy: someone can be entitled to food, but not from my fridge. We've got food banks for that.

• Like 1

As in insurers?

Don’t use them then, negotiate those prices on your own behalf and pay the provider or facility directly.

Insurance providers are also “gatekeepers” to some degree for doctors who may otherwise order redundant or unnecessary tests that you, the consumer, would have a hard time differentiating between necessary or not, hence prior auths.

Ok but why do we need to let the owners of Aetna and bcbs, and the rest profit? Without going to socialized health-care, we could cut insurance costs drastically just by creating "non-profit" versions of these companies.

For example, Bill gates could afford to create a competing health insurance company and absolutely destroy his competitors market share by just pricing the service at cost. So why shouldn't we just do that as a country?

3 minutes ago, TXsteeler said:

Ok but why do we need to let the owners of Aetna and bcbs, and the rest profit? Without going to socialized health-care, we could cut insurance costs drastically just by creating "non-profit" versions of these companies.

For example, Bill gates could afford to create a competing health insurance company and absolutely destroy his competitors market share by just pricing the service at cost. So why shouldn't we just do that as a country?

*whispers because this thread is about to turn BAAAD*

"Insurance is socialization. Socialization is the act of pooling resources together in exchange for pooled services, and that's what we do when we pay insurance on anything whether it's for health care or auto insurance or road maintenance or anything."

*abandons thread*

Edited by ramssuperbowl99

4 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Sure, but you're needlessly limiting the scope of the question to try and influence to answer. The relevant question is "are you entitled to health care?" not "are you entitled to health care from me?"

Lazy analogy: someone can be entitled to food, but not from my fridge. We've got food banks for that.

Sure, but how long until people complain about the quality of the food at the food bank vs those who pay for their own?  The quality of the  cooks, facilities, etc.

6 minutes ago, TXsteeler said:

Amazon, Berkshire and Chase are looking to do just that, we’ll see how it goes.

5 minutes ago, TXsteeler said:

Where is the logic in it though? That's like a step above flat earther thinking.

Trying to understand multiple sides of an issue is like flat earther thinking?  Interesting take.

Sure, but how long until people complain about the quality of the food at the food bank vs those who pay for their own?  The quality of the  cooks, facilities, etc.

Amazon, Berkshire and Chase are looking to do just that, we’ll see how it goes.

Trying to understand multiple sides of an issue is like flat earther thinking?  Interesting take.

Saying something is bad just because it's going away from capitalism and towards communism is flat earther thinking.

4 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

*whispers because this thread is about to turn BAAAD*

"Insurance is socialization. Socialization is the act of pooling resources together in exchange for pooled services, and that's what we do when we pay insurance on anything whether it's for health care or auto insurance or road maintenance or anything."

*abandons thread*

It absolutely is.

It’s a mitigation of risk that is essentially healthy people taking on the burden of paying for sick people, and it’s absolutely necessary.

The only question is who should be responsible for providing those administrative services.  That’s a topic for another forum.

Saying something is bad just because it's going away from capitalism and towards communism is flat earther thinking.

I never said it was bad, I said it was a slippery slope for our society based on how this country has done things, not that we should or shouldn’t.

I havent given my opinion on how healthcare should be dispensed at all.

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I never said it was bad, I said it was a slippery slope for our society based on how this country has done things, not that we should or shouldn’t.

I havent given my opinion on how healthcare should be dispensed at all.

You mean like the fallacy?

8 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

It absolutely is.

It’s a mitigation of risk that is essentially healthy people taking on the burden of paying for sick people, and it’s absolutely necessary.

The only question is who should be responsible for providing those administrative services.  That’s a topic for another forum.

It's currently healthy people helping currently sick people pay for their care.

The sick people still pay part of it, and the healthy people will eventually be sick one day.

Your wording would be a much better descriptor of welfare, where people who will probably never be poor take on the burden of paying for poor people.

It's currently healthy people helping currently sick people pay for their care.

The sick people still pay part of it, and the healthy people will eventually be sick one day.

Your wording would be a much better descriptor of welfare, where people who will probably never be poor take on the burden of paying for poor people.

You’re correct, lazy wording on my part, but I’m pretty sure you understood the point.