What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

1 minute ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Nobody said you have to get fresh vegetables in order to be healthy.  Literally nobody.  Get a multivitamin, get healthier options than Hot Pockets and donuts.  Simple.  Quit making excuses for people. 

LOL. Multivitamins have shown to be no more effective than placebo pills. But please, keep preaching.

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Eh, calories in/calories out is pretty universal.

Ever see a fat person in a concentration camp?  Stop eating and weight comes off, 100% of the time, genetics be damned.

Of course it’s easier for some, but the blueprint is there for everyone.  To quote @HorizontoZenith, STOP EATING.

@NS922

Calories in calories out is obviously a thermodynamic fact.

My point is that most people burn most of their daily caloric intake naturally through something called their basal metabolic rate. The recommended daily caloric intake for an adult male is usually somewhere around 2000 calories and your BMR is burning off the vast majority of that by itself.

BMR can vary across people and can be effected by age and diseases which can cause it to be heightened or lowered. For example, hyperthyroidism increases BMR burning more calories and hypothyroidism lowers it, burning less.

You could take a set of identical triplets (altered in thyroid levels only for the purpose of this hypothetical) who do the same exercise and diet every day and the one with hyperthyroidism will weigh quite a bit less than the one with hypothyroidism.

There are other diseases that effect BMR and they can develop later in life once you have gotten used to eating a certain amount.

At the end of the day, not everybody is fat because they are lazy and eat unhealthily and not everybody is in shape because they work hard and eat healthy.

I'm not even going to bother touching on the mental health issues or upbringings that can effect how easy it is for a person to adapt to a healthy lifestyle for themselves because nobody here seems to believe disproportional struggle matters.

Just now, DontTazeMeBro said:

There’s a little more to it than just eating less. If you eat 2,000-2500 calories a day but it’s mostly dairy and carbohydrates you might not be huge but you’re still going to be a lot of jelly 

But you won't be huge, and you'll at worst be moderately overweight.  Add exercise and you might even build a little muscle instead of fat. 

1 minute ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

There’s a little more to it than just eating less. If you eat 2,000-2500 calories a day but it’s mostly dairy and carbohydrates you might not be huge but you’re still going to be a lot of jelly 

That's true, skinny fat is a real thing. Body composition and body weight are two different things. 

13 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

@TXsteeler, is it physically possible to gain or even maintain weight if you stop eating?  Yes or no.  I need to know if you think it's physically possible to gain or maintain weight without adding calories.

Can a person gain weight without adding calories? Yes, burn less calories through exercise. Can a person gain weight without adding calories or burning less calories through exercise? Yes, get a disease that effects BMR.

6 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Nobody said you have to get fresh vegetables in order to be healthy.

But you absolutely need to eat vegetables to be healthy. Nutritionally, there's a negligible difference between buying fresh versus frozen or canned. The latter two will cost you significantly less and are much more convenient for the average person.

Just now, iPwn said:

LOL. Multivitamins have shown to be no more effective than placebo pills. But please, keep preaching.

Alright.  Replace a multivitamin with dried fruits.  Replace potato chips with vegetable chips.  Both of which you can get off Amazon.  Suddenly, you've lost another excuse.  If you're obese, it's your fault.  Period. 

Just now, TXsteeler said:

I'm not even going to bother touching on the mental health issues or upbringings that can effect how easy it is for a person to adapt to a healthy lifestyle for themselves because nobody here seems to believe disproportional struggle matters.

The problem with this is that it's such a small percentage it doesn't even matter in the discussion of fat and thin privilege.  If, for example, you've got someone with Down Syndrome or some other serious mental retardation, that's a completely different conversation.  When you talk about normal everyday people with normal everyday problems, there's no excuse for being unhealthy.

What you're trying to do is tantamount to the following argument:

"Anyone can learn how to swim."
"What about people with no limbs, jackass?" 

Of course someone with no limbs can't swim.  The anyone isn't a literal anyone.  It's an expression.  Depression?  Not an excuse.  Bipolar disorder?  Not an excuse. 

Also, we're apparently pretending that all poor people (in America) have access to the internet at home to order from Amazon, and that they can even afford the shipping, much less can get Amazon shipped to them even in the most crime ridden neighborhoods or in the most remote places in nowheresville easily.

Just now, skywindO2 said:

But you absolutely need to eat vegetables to be healthy. Nutritionally, there's a negligible difference between buying fresh versus frozen or canned. The latter two will cost you significantly less and are much more convenient for the average person.

Granted, but we're talking the difference between unhealthy and healthy lifestyles, not the difference between effectiveness of fresh vegetables versus canned.  An unhealthy person can order canned vegetables and eat more of those to become a healthy person at an affordable price. 

Also, we're apparently pretending that all poor people (in America) have access to the internet at home to order from Amazon, and that they can even afford the shipping, much less can get Amazon shipped to them even in the most crime ridden neighborhoods or in the most remote places in nowheresville easily.

73% of Americans have Internet access.

100% of Americans can get canned vegetables. 

The problem with this is that it's such a small percentage it doesn't even matter in the discussion of fat and thin privilege.

This isn't a thing. I haven't been talking about it at all the entire time. I made a damn joke that went over your head and then when you replied I admitted TWICE that I was being sarcastic about thin priviledge.

This whole time all I've been pointing out is that not every fat person is a lazy POS who could look like you if they put in the same effort you put in everyday.

73% of Americans have Internet access.

100% of Americans can get canned vegetables. 

Do you have sources because the last time I remember you qouting a source it was trying to say that a volcano erruption puts out like 100 years worth of human CO2 emissions or some nonsense and tbh I dont trust you anymore.

This whole time all I've been pointing out is that not every fat person is a lazy POS who could look like you if they put in the same effort you put in everyday.

Okay.  99.999999999999999 percent of normal people who don't have crippling mental retardation and who aren't dirt *** poor without access to welfare programs stuck in the Sandhills of Nebraska are obese because of their own decisions.

6 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

What you're trying to do is tantamount to the following argument:

"Anyone can learn how to swim."
"What about people with no limbs, jackass?" 

This is not true at all. Reread everything I've posted.

What is really happening is someone saying 

"Everyone can learn how to swim just as easily as everybody else"

"What about people with disabilities? Surely they have a harder time doing it, and as such not everybody who struggles to learn to swim should be generalized and disparaged."

"No they just aren't trying hard enough and the people who are are just outliers"

Do you have sources because the last time I remember you qouting a source it was trying to say that a volcano erruption puts out like 100 years worth of human CO2 emissions or some nonsense and tbh I dont trust you anymore.

Lol.  That was literally over a year ago at least. Additionally, it was an image that I took as fact.  Turned out to have been wrong.  I was proven wrong, I removed the image, and I admitted I was wrong.  I think you could literally watch an average American lose 200 pounds and still act like you're right about this.

Here you go though.  It's actually 74.4%, and that was actually in 2013.  I'm sure Internet usage has gone down over the past five years. 

https://www.census.gov/history/pdf/2013computeruse.pdf

I'd rather be wrong about volcano eruptions than whether or not it's easy for me to stay healthy. Out of 1,000 obese Americans, I'll show you 999 that could get healthy. 

Edited by HorizontoZenith