What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

5 minutes ago, eagles101 said:

There isnt really a way to know if the top athletes could learn soccer specific skills. 

It's more likely they could than they couldn't. If they can learn football and basketball specific skills, why not soccer? It's just muscle memory and repetition.

Just now, cddolphin said:

It's more likely they could than they couldn't. If they can learn football and basketball specific skills, why not soccer? It's just muscle memory and repetition.

Because neither of them desl with handling ball with your feet. Besides athleticism i dk what is even related between basketball/baseball/football and soccer. The skills are not relatable at all. 

2 minutes ago, eagles101 said:

Because neither of them desl with handling ball with your feet. Besides athleticism i dk what is even related between basketball/baseball/football and soccer. The skills are not relatable at all. 

The whole point is if they had played soccer since 8 instead of football they'd have learned the requisite skills. It's varying degrees of hand-eye coordination, body control, and athleticism.

1 minute ago, cddolphin said:

The whole point is if they had played soccer since 8 instead of football they'd have learned the requisite skills. It's varying degrees of hand-eye coordination, body control, and athleticism.

The point is that there is no guarantee they would be able to learn the skill the level needed to beat the top level players. Plenty of athletic people play a sport since eight and still suck at it. There is no reasoning that because odell can make amazing catches he would have been able to learn how to have amzing ball skills in soccer. 

But i am sure plenty of people in america could have been world star soccer players that never played. Its just always a silly argument that since x person is good at y sport then they would be good at z sport. 

If you have the size, speed, agility, and coordination you can learn the skills unless you’re almost brain dead. There’s some sports that also require toughness like football, hockey, and rugby. But with most sports. Athleticism is going to conquer everything if the experience and training is equal

4 minutes ago, eagles101 said:

There is no reasoning that because odell can make amazing catches he would have been able to learn how to have amzing ball skills in soccer. 

Sure there is. People with top 0.01% athletic ability likely would have excelled in multiple sports, had they put their entire focus on that sport. I don't think that's a stretch.

It's like if you have a 180 IQ and are a killer engineer, odds are you would have made a pretty good biologist if you had sunk your time in that instead. The tools are there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cddolphin said:

Sure there is. People with top 0.01% athletic ability likely would have excelled in multiple sports, had they put their entire focus on that sport. I don't think that's a stretch.

It's like if you have a 180 IQ and are a killer engineer, odds are you would have made a pretty good biologist if you had sunk your time in that instead. The tools are there.

Its not a stretch to think the most athletic people in any sport and they will be good. But we are talking about the worlds biggest sport and being the best at that. Its the equivalent of saying if odell decided to olay basketball he would be as good as lebron. Or put kobe in at football and he would be as good as odell. 

Just now, eagles101 said:

Its the equivalent of saying if odell decided to olay basketball he would be as good as lebron. Or put kobe in at football and he would be as good as odell. 

Nobody is saying that, it's simply much more likely they'd find similar success since they have an elite toolbox to pull from.

2 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

Nobody is saying that, it's simply much more likely they'd find similar success since they have an elite toolbox to pull from.

Similar success to what? There success in football? Honestly confused on what level success you would expect someone like odell to find in soccer. 

9 minutes ago, NS922 said:

NFL players would more likely be good at soccer than soccer players would be good at football.

The vast majority of nfl players would be completely useless on soccer field as they are built for short burst instead of long extended play.  

3 minutes ago, eagles101 said:

Its not a stretch to think the most athletic people in any sport and they will be good. But we are talking about the worlds biggest sport and being the best at that. Its the equivalent of saying if odell decided to olay basketball he would be as good as lebron. Or put kobe in at football and he would be as good as odell. 

Basketball is different because of size and football is different because it’s a scary sport to play. You don’t need to be tall or tough to play soccer. And I’m like 90% confident if Kobe took that path he would have been an awesome football player

1 minute ago, eagles101 said:

Similar success to what? There success in football? Honestly confused on what level success you would expect someone like odell to find in soccer. 

I think if you take someone as a child who you know will have top 0.01% athletic ability, clone him, put one in football and the other in soccer and invest the same amount in either athlete, they will find comparable levels of success, which I would define as making it to the professional leagues in their respective sports. Getting an NFL or La Liga contract in and of itself is an elite-level accomplishment when you're talking about general population and/or performance in a sport.