Khalil Mack

pnies20

I'm still an Ogbah fan and half drunk but I don't think we need to upgrade that spot at all. If you watch Garrett's highlight reel from this or another thread the Eagles chose to double Ogbah and single Garrett on every Garrett highlight. Garrett is more explosive and more likely to beat a single than Ogbah but if the opposition thinks doubling Ogbah at times and singling Garrett that is still creating plays for Garrett. Even being doubled Ogbah was either a factor (recovering a fumble) or causing havoc (actually helped complete a sack ((Garrett didn't really need it but Ogbah assisted anyway)) ).

Garrett is the speed rusher. Ogbah usually is the power rusher. Garrett will get there first if everything goes each of their way. I personally think we are set there until Ogbah's contract is up (after next year) but I hope we can retain him but teams that double him realize he should be starting in this league and we may not be able to match what he is offered. Hopefully we can lock him down soon for like 8 million per for a few more years. 

I think/hope we are set at QB/RB/TE/RT/LG/LE/RE/LB/CB for awhile. I would like to focus on a few of the remaining positions like CB2 maybe, S perhaps, Collins' replacement maybe, G, C DT or whatever before we worry about Ogbah who I think is a better than average and probably top 10 LE in the league.

Ok back to drinking for me. Carry on.

2 minutes ago, bruceb said:

For what reason(s) I do not know, I think many devalue Ogbah.

I like him as a run stopping DE and I think he is well above replacement level as a pass rusher, with versatility to play inside. 

He should be an affordable 2nd contract hopefully a 12.5 per year for 4 years type of thing. Keeping him and Garrett for their prime years would be a great achievement for this organisation, though it wouldn't surprise me if Dorsey lets him walk, because he is Dorsey and hates all hings Sachi Brown.  

8 minutes ago, bruceb said:

For what reason(s) I do not know, I think many devalue Ogbah.

At first I read "devalve Ogbah" and didn't understand what you were saying.

Ogbah isn't as sexy. He will never have the chance at 20 sacks. 8-12 I think is realistic year after year across from Garrett though and more importantly he can move the RT back and at least disrupt which can factor in many more plays than a sack. A sack often kills a drive but but pressures at least improve your chance of not having a positive play for the offense. Even if it isn't technically a "pressure" just making sure the QB know that running to his weak side isn't a good option to get away from pressure from his left side.

4 minutes ago, bosko1616 said:

I’m not devaluing Ogbah. I just think there is better options on passing downs. And that’s where we need an upgrade 

I think his minimum playing 16 games across from Garrett is 8 sacks. Sure some of that is attributed to Garrett but what is the minimum that you are looking for from our LE? He isn't Mack or Von Miller but if Garrett can do his part we don't need two Garrett's just a compliment. Peppers should get 5-7 sacks per year if used correctly because I think that is probably what he does best, but I'll assume we don't do that because of last year but with Avery/Peppers/Collins etc... do we really need a better pass rush? It wouldn't hurt but if we can't make things happen with the roster we have I think it has more to do with coaching than personnel. Holy crap I can't type right now and I'm only correcting the spell check stuff so there ya go.

Archived