Khalil Mack

pnies20

17 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Don’t understand the hate for Grudens decision. If they build around Carr (whom I think has HOF talent) they will be more than fine.

Assuming it's now Gruden making the personnel decisions, the Raiders have been making a bunch of curious ones, these ones being the latest:

1. Trading back from pick 10 to a QB-needy team and getting a third and fifth. Seemed very bad value.

2. Picking a tackle at 15 whom many saw as a borderline second rounder. Reports are that he has not looked good thus far(?).

3. Trading a third for Martavis Bryant, busting him out publicly and then cutting him with the suspension news--seemed odd way to motivate a player at the time.

4. Weird noncommittal/silent stance entire off-season about Mack. Then the trade of an elite player in his prime at a top-3 position where the team does not appear to have a successor ready to go.

5. Confirmation bias for the many who thought he rode Tony Dungy's coattails a bit.

That's just off the top of my head.

Oh and a bonus:

6. Just traded a 5th for a player who signed for 2/$10mil, 7.9 guaranteed, and then broke his collarbone.

It's looking Farmer'y over there thus far.

I know people said they wished the Browns would’ve done this deal, but I have to disagree.

Spending 2 firsts is expensive enough, but then having to immediately make him the highest paid D player is just too much imo. They have zero margin for error now. I honestly don’t think Mack is other worldly anyway.

I think the Bears spent too much.

1 hour ago, ReggieCamp said:

I know people said they wished the Browns would’ve done this deal, but I have to disagree.

Spending 2 firsts is expensive enough, but then having to immediately make him the highest paid D player is just too much imo. They have zero margin for error now. I honestly don’t think Mack is other worldly anyway.

Agreed. 

2 hours ago, ReggieCamp said:

I agree. I can see the other side and their thinking but I don't like those deals. I wasn't thrilled with Landry and that was a 4th. I'd rather spend big if the opportunity arises in actual free agency instead of trading picks for the right to sign a free agent. Now if you need that position and are looking like a SB contender I get it, especially if you have a short window. For the Browns and Bears I really don't like it. Patriots, sure. Pretty much any team with an aging big time QB because you have no idea what the future will bring anyway so go for it now.

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

We will be in a similar situation when it’s time to extend DMVP Myles and we have to resign super bowl MVP Baker Mayfield the following year.

5th year option and 1 years franchise tag then sign long term for Baker. 

That would make most sense if he is a football lord. 

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

5th year option and 1 years franchise tag then sign long term for Baker. 

That would make most sense if he is a football lord. 

What makes the most sense is to lock him up as soon as you are allowed to negotiate. Pick up the option and extend. Franchise tags should be last resort imo.

1 minute ago, NudeTayne said:

Why would we want weggie, and who would he wepwace?

Why wouldn’t we want him? Same reason we wanted wolf and Highsmith. He’s a good front office guy and is familiar with the guys we have in our front office. He doesn’t have to replace anyone. Just give him some BS title like senior assistant. 

3 hours ago, candyman93 said:

We will be in a similar situation when it’s time to extend DMVP Myles and we have to resign super bowl MVP Baker Mayfield the following year.

Not if Myles is a baller and a half like Bruce smith

pay the man 

I would have loved and I mean loved having Mack opposite of Myles but that was a huge return they got. And unless Harrison really progresses I think LT is a much bigger need at this point. Also with the loaded DL class next year we might see one fall. In my opinion many were on the Chubb train early but if he was in this years class I would have him ranked somewhere btwn the 8-12 best DL. Averys developments going to be huge this year. Hoping he keeps showing up as a The Doom roll when dumervill played for Wade Phillips. Drop Ogbah down to UT ogunjobi to NT and Avery and Garrett on the outside. I’d even go out on a limb and say the need for Avery to develop is as crucial as Baker and Ward. For this simple fact we haven’t been able to get the QB in what seems like decades. 

20 minutes ago, bosko1616 said:

I would have loved and I mean loved having Mack opposite of Myles but that was a huge return they got. And unless Harrison really progresses I think LT is a much bigger need at this point. Also with the loaded DL class next year we might see one fall. In my opinion many were on the Chubb train early but if he was in this years class I would have him ranked somewhere btwn the 8-12 best DL. Averys developments going to be huge this year. Hoping he keeps showing up as a The Doom roll when dumervill played for Wade Phillips. Drop Ogbah down to UT ogunjobi to NT and Avery and Garrett on the outside. I’d even go out on a limb and say the need for Avery to develop is as crucial as Baker and Ward. For this simple fact we haven’t been able to get the QB in what seems like decades. 

A LT is a bigger need that an elite DE huh? How impactful was joe Thomas? How many games did he win for us? I would love to have a better LT but you don’t pass up on an elite DE for a LT prospect. We could have gotten one in the 2nd. 

Like I said Avery’s developmental will be the deciding factor. If he becomes an Elite PR and Ogbah continues to develop as a solid DE. We might put OT in front of DE. Especially considering Hues most likely gone and will be replaced by a younger RPO dependent HC which relies on athletic OL  ( hopefully Lincoln Riley ) 

Archived