Path to 53 - Tracking All Redskins Cuts

Slappy Mc

2 minutes ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

Bibbs was the definition of JAG

Yep. He (or a reasonable clone of him) will be available for us to pick up if CT has more injury struggles. 

We really need two traditional backup RBs. We’ve got 11 preseason carries on which we’re basing our choice to install AD as the starting RB — that’s a big risk, and I think they made the right decision to hedge our bets with both Kelley and Perine available behind him.  

3 minutes ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

Mediocre pass catching running backs are a dime a dozen. If Thompson doesn’t hold up we shouldn’t have an issue finding someone to plug in.

Which may be true, and it just so happens that Bibbs was the best one we found besides Thompson and a healthy Helu that I can remember in a long time for the Redskins.

3 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I bet Crowder or Quinn could fill the role in a pinch.

As a receiver yes, as a 3rd down back that needs to pick up the blitz, that’s be an emphatic no. And, there’s no way you move Crowder from the slot a RB positon on 3rd downs.

I’ll be a little surprised if we don’t see Bibbs in a Redskins uniform at some point this season. He’s a guy we can plug right into the game if we lose one of the other RBs to injury.

But I have to say, and this has not really been the case here (where Fat Rob is generally more of the whipping boy, rightly I think), I find it odd to see how many people are railing against Perine in complaining about cutting Bibbs. I think Perine has looked really good this preseason. The fumbles are obviously a problem, but I don’t see too much evidence in his history to indicate that he’s a chronic “fumbler.”

Archived