Preseason Week 2 GDT: Panthers (1-0) at Titans (0-1)

Titans fan 617

Well let's hope the Titans have a better showing on offense this week than last. Also this game will be shown live on the NFLN.

Outside of the opening drive the defense was good on all phases of the depth chart. Granted Cams probably not playing but Benjamin and Olson are a good test for this defense

On the flip side Panthers D is a good test for our O-Line who struggled last game.

As far as individual players I'm looking at this week I'd like to see Decker get involved on offense a little with Mariota.

On defense I'm still looking at the CB battle. Ryan didn't have a good game last week I would like to see Jackson or Sims lined up on Benjamin just to see if anyone starts to step up in this CB battle instead of Ryan always getting the number 1 guy. I guess the argument to shuffling the CBs is maybe you don't want to show Teams they will be playing game to game matchups opposed to just have a CB play a particular side of the field but I'd like the other CBs to get a shot at a top WR.

There are a lot of players that are working hard trying to make plays that you can watch on first second or third string that are guys to watch out for like Taywan Taylor, Jonnu Smith, Abdesmad, Woods, Jayon Brown, Wallace and many more. It is fun watching the position battles happen hopefully the Titans show up Sat especially at home and have a good showing and start to get this train rolling and gelling together 

I want to see the offense when starters are out at least move the ball and get some points. I doubt the starters play long but would be nice to see a field goal for the starters or at least with a starter/back ups mix. If Murray plays at all that will be interesting to watch. The offensive line better not allow a sack this week especially not the starters. Last week was an abomination.

On defense,the CB battle will be good to watch. Ryan, Sims and Jackson I will be keeping a close eye on as well as Reed. Riley intrigues me as well I liked some of what I saw of him and he too like Reed was playing safety and CB. Versatility like that will be huge in making a roster spot in some cases. The LBs too were exciting to watch and I want to see Cyprien bring some physicality if he gets the chance.

Mularkey has said that the plan is for Sylvester Williams to start at NT this week which I will be watching closely. Him and Woods are really in a dogfight it seems.

I don't know if it's maturity or being a dad or what it is but I don't overreact like I use too a few years ago about the preseason. I'm excited for football I personally enjoy the preseason because I get to see more live preseason games on my TV than I do Regular season games sometimes. 

I know you can take certain things away from preseason games and we dissect every player as much as we can but teams like NE Pitt and a few others really make the preseason look like a joke even more than it really is.

Gronk hasn't played a preseason game since 12 Brady probably won't play that much in the preseason because the Pats every year do joint practices and Brady gets most of his work done in those. 

The point of my post isn't a bashing of preseason I'm just trying to point out try not to overreact and what we see during the preseason truely doesn't dictate how our season will go. 

Last year we beat SD pretty good went into Oakland ran all over them then the regular season was we lost to both teams and didn't run well on either team.

When opening day hits I think the O-Line will be fine. Granted there are things you can still takeaway from the preseason you may not like and could transition over to the regular season but the preseason is really hard to tell how someone's season will play out.

John McCain I think his name is the Houston beat guy was on the Titans Radio last night and mentioned the year of the Lions 0-16 season they went 4-0 in the preseason.

i will say the things I can takeaway from the preseason that does scare me is Lebeaus defense with the secondary. I really hope during the regular season we see more man to man and matchup based games with the CBs not just stay on a particular side of the field. The thing that scares me with the secondary still struggling in the regular season is Casey had an interview on NFL Satellite Radio and he said what you see in the preseason is what you get in the regular season. The thing with that is I actually believe him and it makes me wonder why so many crappy QBs have good games against us and the same with our own division beating us every year all you have to do is watch film from 2 years ago until now and you will probably see Lebeau do the same things over and over. 

I hope with the additions of Ryan and Jackson we don't play 10 yards off the ball a majority of the time and we see some jamming at the LOS so our pass rush has a chance to get to the QB instead of crappy QBs quick outing us to death and giving up big yards 

As far as Sat goes I hope we see Adoree Jackson on Benjamin. I really want to see how he matches up with a big time WR like him. I know Cam won't be the QB but Anderson still found a way to get the ball to him last week vs Houston so I'd like to see this matchup on Sat. This whole preseason the secondary is the one thing I will be watching real closely 

3 hours ago, Titans fan 617 said:

John McCain I think his name is the Houston beat guy was on the Titans Radio last night and mentioned the year of the Lions 0-16 season they went 4-0 in the preseason.

Yep. The Manning-led Colts seemed to go 0-4/1-3 every preseason and the Raiders would go 4-0. Then the real season starts and we all know what happened from there. Records in the preseason is mostly meaningless. I think it really only separates those bubble guys on the roster. 

With that said, I'd still like to see us do better in the secondary and on the OL. Our guys played too well up front all last year to have a repeat of that first preseason game. 

4 hours ago, titans0021 said:

I can't get over how much we tried to improve the receiving group and now, two weeks into the preseason, we're going to be watching Harry Douglas play with the ones tomorrow.

Lol... I always saw him making the team... As the last guy in though. Yikes!! 

I just want to see some effort out there.... Just a little.

I'm also interested seeing Marz playing with the ones. Lelito may also get some work with the ones (although I think its extremely unlikely he takes the LG spot). Kline is the weak link and apparently Marz is a serious candidate to take his RG spot. 

I want to see Reed get some work in with the ones on a 3 safety look. I like the idea of allowing Byard more freedom to do his thing... Lebeau's new and tweaked version of the Polamalu position.

Really hoping to see more fire out of the offense as a whole in this game.  Hopefully my boys Jonnu and Khalfani can make some splash plays. Khalfani especially needs to, because Fluellen could end up taking his 3rd RB spot if he doesn't make some plays.  Hope to see more of the same from Jayon Brown and Kalan Reed.  I hope they both get to play earlier.  Would really like to see them both get some time going against the ones.

17 minutes ago, ChiefMoccanooga said:

Any chance Corey Davis plays any snaps?

Nope, I believe they already said he isn't playing. A to Z sports got some inside information said they don't think he will be playing until Week one of the 2017 season. 

Archived