Trade advice

Wraith554

1 hour ago, KellChippy said:

So you’re essentially upgrading Chubb to Michel?  Not sure if I love this with Burkehead hanging around.  I’d still probably take the trade though.

Who are your other rbs?

Barkley, Jones, kerryon, duke Johnson

So my league has a slightly later trade deadline which is now coming up. Thinking I want to try and make a couple of moves ahead of the playoffs. Currently tied for first (though I do hold the tie breaker), though I find it likely that I go 1-2 in the last three. It'll make the playoffs a little more interesting, but I don't think I have major concerns getting in. 

I have one major hole on my team - QB2, and my rb2 could probably be upgraded moving forward. I have a lot of matchup type rb2 (jones, kerryon, Sony), and I think I want to try and package two of them for a clear rb2 upgrade. One guy in my league really needs to win out if he has any shot of making the playoffs, and has Hunt / Gurley as his two running backs. The problem for him is that they are on a bye the same week, which means that game will likely be a lock to be a loss and push him out of the playoffs. Thinking of offering two of those guys for Hunt. He also has Brady / Rodgers, and I could make a play for one of those instead (currently streaming my qb2 with highly limited options). 

I have a similar situation with another player who has George Kittle and just lost Kupp and is loaded with rams players who have their bye coming up (Cooks / Goff), so I'm thinking of offering OJ Howard for George Kittle. i think Kittle is probably going to score more moving forward, but I'll have to deal with the bye week. 

I haven't quiet formulated how to get an upgrade out of my qb2 spot besides that Rodgers move, and in that situation I'd rather make a play for Hunt. 

anyone have any issues these moves? 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

So my league has a slightly later trade deadline which is now coming up. Thinking I want to try and make a couple of moves ahead of the playoffs. Currently tied for first (though I do hold the tie breaker), though I find it likely that I go 1-2 in the last three. It'll make the playoffs a little more interesting, but I don't think I have major concerns getting in. 

I have one major hole on my team - QB2, and my rb2 could probably be upgraded moving forward. I have a lot of matchup type rb2 (jones, kerryon, Sony), and I think I want to try and package two of them for a clear rb2 upgrade. One guy in my league really needs to win out if he has any shot of making the playoffs, and has Hunt / Gurley as his two running backs. The problem for him is that they are on a bye the same week, which means that game will likely be a lock to be a loss and push him out of the playoffs. Thinking of offering two of those guys for Hunt. He also has Brady / Rodgers, and I could make a play for one of those instead (currently streaming my qb2 with highly limited options). 

I have a similar situation with another player who has George Kittle and just lost Kupp and is loaded with rams players who have their bye coming up (Cooks / Goff), so I'm thinking of offering OJ Howard for George Kittle. i think Kittle is probably going to score more moving forward, but I'll have to deal with the bye week. 

I haven't quiet formulated how to get an upgrade out of my qb2 spot besides that Rodgers move, and in that situation I'd rather make a play for Hunt. 

anyone have any issues these moves? 

Since it’s a 2qb league, I’d go that route.

Trade Conner for Sony Michel and Tarik Cohen...

Normally I’d say No but we start 3 RBs and I currently have Conner/Mixon/Drake/Miller

Probably can’t budge him anymore on the offer except for maybe a throw in type.

thoughts?

7 hours ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

Trade Conner for Sony Michel and Tarik Cohen...

Normally I’d say No but we start 3 RBs and I currently have Conner/Mixon/Drake/Miller

Probably can’t budge him anymore on the offer except for maybe a throw in type.

thoughts?

I get what you're doing...I did it myself earlier in my two quarterback league this year (though with disastrous results lol). I don't know though man, I kind of think I'm leaning no. Michel worries me just a tad bit, though I like Cohen's usage. I also don't love that you're missing a game for Michel. That's kind of big now that we are in crunch time.

8 hours ago, Forge said:

I get what you're doing...I did it myself earlier in my two quarterback league this year (though with disastrous results lol). I don't know though man, I kind of think I'm leaning no. Michel worries me just a tad bit, though I like Cohen's usage. I also don't love that you're missing a game for Michel. That's kind of big now that we are in crunch time.

Burkhead is also returning so that somewhat hurts Michele too...

I give Watson, James White, Mike Evans and DT. 

I get Wentz, Kamara, Fitzgerald and Taylor Gabrielle.

This league is PPR. 

Current starting lineup is 

Watson, Gurley, White, Adams and Evans. 

New look would be......

Wentz, Gurley, Kamara, Adams, Fitzgerald.

Is this trade worth it or should I stick with my current team??? 

24 minutes ago, BillSabre said:

I give Watson, James White, Mike Evans and DT. 

I get Wentz, Kamara, Fitzgerald and Taylor Gabrielle.

This league is PPR. 

Current starting lineup is 

Watson, Gurley, White, Adams and Evans. 

New look would be......

Wentz, Gurley, Kamara, Adams, Fitzgerald.

Is this trade worth it or should I stick with my current team??? 

Very tempting to get Gurley and Karma on the same team with that said I've always been an advocate that RBs win Champions and I'll stand by that.

9 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Very tempting to get Gurley and Karma on the same team with that said I've always been an advocate that RBs win Champions and I'll stand by that.

So that’s one yes. I’m really hoping for multiple opinions on this one.  Thank you for the insight. 

1 minute ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

What WRs are in the free agent/waiver pool that you can pick up?

Not applicable. If I make the trade, I will have to start one of Fitz, Gabrielle or Dede Westbrook for the remainder of the year. Next week with Gurley on bye, I will have Kamara and Duke as my RB’s. 

Seems like Arizona is finally clicking a little on offense and have the 5th best schedule remaining for WR so it would most likely be him for the rest of the year.

It really boils down to this 

Watson, White and Evans or 

Wentz, Kamara and Fitz.  

Which trio is best for ROY??? 

4 minutes ago, BillSabre said:

Not applicable. If I make the trade, I will have to start one of Fitz, Gabrielle or Dede Westbrook for the remainder of the year. Next week with Gurley on bye, I will have Kamara and Duke as my RB’s. 

Seems like Arizona is finally clicking a little on offense and have the 5th best schedule remaining for WR so it would most likely be him for the rest of the year.

It really boils down to this 

Watson, White and Evans or 

Wentz, Kamara and Fitz.  

Which trio is best for ROY??? 

Watson/Wentz ROS schedule looks to be about the same. Either team can't run the ball well either.

Burkhead is also returning so that might hurt White a bit. Evans has had back to back so so games and his playoff schedule consists of Dallas and Baltimore.

I still would take Kamara over White and Evans as I think/believe he can either outscore them both on weekly basis or match them.

Kareem Hunt for Aaron Jones + Kerryon Johnson?

I don't love Jones' schedule coming up outside of the tilt against Atlanta and the Jets (he also has seattle, minnesota, arizona and chicago, which aren't ideal matchups).  Kerryon is my rb4, so don't have a chance to put him in the field and he also has an unkind schedule. Hunt has his bye week still to come, obviously, but I'm trying to gear up for the playoffs and make my team as top heavy as possible with little to no depth and just bank on health.

Current running backs are Barkley / Michel / Jones / Johnson / Duke Johnson.

There are other moving parts in the deal, but nothing of real consequence for my team, so it's largely irrelevant (i'd also be landing Crowell, Gabriel and Baker for Eli and Corey Davis, who is my wr4 and won't ever see the field barring injuries)

4 hours ago, Forge said:

Kareem Hunt for Aaron Jones + Kerryon Johnson?

I don't love Jones' schedule coming up outside of the tilt against Atlanta and the Jets (he also has seattle, minnesota, arizona and chicago, which aren't ideal matchups).  Kerryon is my rb4, so don't have a chance to put him in the field and he also has an unkind schedule. Hunt has his bye week still to come, obviously, but I'm trying to gear up for the playoffs and make my team as top heavy as possible with little to no depth and just bank on health.

Current running backs are Barkley / Michel / Jones / Johnson / Duke Johnson.

There are other moving parts in the deal, but nothing of real consequence for my team, so it's largely irrelevant (i'd also be landing Crowell, Gabriel and Baker for Eli and Corey Davis, who is my wr4 and won't ever see the field barring injuries)

Said screw it and did it. Going YOLO on this fantasy football trade market.

My friend (the commish and my opponent this week ) texted me almost immediately afterward and said the deal was almost vetoable lol. Personally, I think that it's closer than he wants to give it credit for, and I'm giving up a lot of value if Jones is the legit majority ball carrier from here on out. He's a little too caught up in the fact that the majority of the guys I'm shipping off were waiver wire pickups 2 weeks ago lol. Honestly, I'll be upset if it's vetoed because even though it seems skewed, it is actually in the best interest of his team to make the deal as he needs to win out for the rest of the season in order to have a shot at the playoffs, and given his scheduling circumstance, he needed to make a move like this in order to win out.

My waiver wire flip game has been really good this year though, I must admit

Archived