Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

24 minutes ago, sunnygsm said:

The NK and his army were clearly depicted as the main threat. They had entire plotlines devoted to stopping him. They gathered people from left and right to fight him. Cersei has always been portrayed as a formidable opponent and a threat to Jon/Dany, but she isn't really a threat to the entire realm. 

I wouldn’t underestimate Cersei.  Plus there are 3 episodes left so I don’t see King’s Landing getting wrapped up with a bow on it in the next episode.  

5 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

Even with the IMDb messageboards closed long ago, it’s fun to see the tradition of not understanding what plot holes are continues here on FF. 

How is what I said not a plot hole? Characters are being swarmed by enemy soldiers, it cuts away, and now they're okay? 

18 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I think that is explained by Benjen helping them escape.  The wights don't move fast, and he had a horse.  There are a lot of mistakes, but that's a pretty minor and easily explainable one IMO.

The Night King wants Bran so bad that he risked his life to be the one that kills him but couldn't catch up to a little girl carrying him on a sled because Hodor held the door closed for a 45 seconds? 

Just now, NYRaider said:

The Night King wants Bran so bad that he risked his life to be the one that kills him but couldn't catch up to a little girl carrying him on a sled because Hodor held the door closed for a 45 seconds? 

You forgetting things that happened doesn't make it a plot hole.

3 minutes ago, pwny said:

You forgetting things that happened doesn't make it a plot hole.

You don't think the Night King, who has a horse that doesn't tire, can track Bran's every movement and can kill a dragon with the flick of his wrist could've/would've caught up to them if killing Bran was his main priority? He easily could've killed the 3ER and then immediately started to pursue Bran and caught up to him within 60-90 seconds. He can track his every freaking movement... Again, if killing Bran was so important to him he would've killed him during all of this. 

Edited by NYRaider

8 minutes ago, MakeDenverGreatAgain said:

They aren't necessarily plot holes, it's bad writing. Plain and simple. 

No it's just you not agreeing with their choices which is your prerogative.  

Not every dot has to be connected.  Not every single detail needs to be shown.  Too much handholding required these days.  Maybe ppl should watch basic shows like CSI where everything is tied up every episode and things are explained in drivels of exposition. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thrILL! said:

Not every dot has to be connected.  Not every single detail needs to be shown.  Too much handholding required these days.  Maybe ppl should watch basic shows like CSI where everything is tied up every episode and things are explained in drivels of exposition. 

No it IS bad writing. If they hadn't set that expectation in seasons 1-4, and moved toward every major Hollywood cliche over the past two season, we wouldn't have that problem. I guess you're OK with bad writing, but that's your prerogative. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

You don't think the Night King, who has a horse that doesn't tire

Can you please show me where this horse is? Time stamp would be helpful. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

Or the show writers were in over their head trying to take the mantel and finish one of the greatest stories ever written. The books will 100% be different than the TV show. The directors didn't even want to work on GOT anymore and got lazy with the writing. 

8 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

How is what I said not a plot hole? Characters are being swarmed by enemy soldiers, it cuts away, and now they're okay? 

That’s not a plot hole!  You don’t need to see every step of the battle.  It’s not outlandish to think highly skilled warriors can hold it down in battle even with overwhelming odds.  They’re not fighting warriors, they’re fighting the dead.  Incredibly difficult but not impossible.  Should all of these heroes survived?  Probably not.  Again... not a plot hole.  

1 minute ago, pwny said:

Can you please show me where this horse is? Time stamp would be helpful. 

Can you please tell me how Bran realistically escapes that situation if he's the Night King's real target? But again, according to the show he's not that powerful after all. Hodor and two 14 year old girls were all that it took to protect the most important being in the universe. 

Just now, thrILL! said:

That’s not a plot hole!  You don’t need to see every step of the battle.  It’s not outlandish to think highly skilled warriors can hold it down in battle even with overwhelming odds.  They’re not fighting warriors, they’re fighting the dead.  Incredibly difficult but not impossible.  Should all of these heroes survived?  Probably not.  Again... not a plot hole.  

The Whites swarmed the dragon and almost killed it within 30 seconds. Almost every other soldier in the army was killed. So it's just inconsistent. If they swarm a dragon they can kill it easily but if they swarm Jon, Jamie, Brienne, or any other important character they're able to fight them off like it's nothing? Lmao.