Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

4 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Arya never became "no one".  She said it herself. "A girl is now no one." "No. A girl is Arya Stark of Winterfell. And shes going home."

Catspaw knife isnt made of dragonglass. Its Valyrian Steel with a dragonbone hilt.

I think less have an issue with Arya doing it. And more an issue that shes now Batman. They took a young 90lb teen assassin and turned her into as they say, "one of the greatest warriors in Westeros." Doing the deed on the NK amplifies what theyve created for her that people dont like more than it being her that fulfilled some prophecy.

Personally. I think it would have came off better had they hyped her assassin ability instead of worrying about her fighting ability. Had her cross a couple more names off her list instead of things that made no sense like the dual with Brienne. Also would have helped the library scene. Cause way she was fighting on the wall, it made no sense for her to hide in the library. She could have taken them out quick.

She qualified to be "no one" and that's what is important.

I mean she was trained to fight by Syrio Forel, the Hound, and the Faceless Men. She's damn qualified to be a Batman in this world.

She was knocked the eff out by a wight and she lost her cool in the face of death. She was scared. That's very believable and relatable.

20 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

She qualified to be "no one" and that's what is important.

I mean she was trained to fight by Syrio Forel, the Hound, and the Faceless Men. She's damn qualified to be a Batman in this world.

She was knocked the eff out by a wight and she lost her cool in the face of death. She was scared. That's very believable and relatable.

She had a weeks with Syrio. To the point she was mainly chasing cats and learning beginner stances and defenses. Then spends a year or so traveling with the Hound. And over half her time shown with the Faceless was spent cleaning bodies. Sitting on the streets blind. And setting up people to be assassinated. While Pod spent years of everyday training with one of the top Knights of Westros. And after those years, Brienne knocks him into the mud in 3 seconds while Arya goes Walker Texas Ranger on Brienne. The same Brienne that took out Loras, Hound and contended with Jaime. Met her match by a 90lb little teenage girl with little training.

Like I said. For me personally, as a personal preference. I think the focus should have keyed on her being a pure assassin.

Edited by PARROTHEAD

Page 95 Seminole lol

Rhaegars harp was probably taken when KL was over run. Dont see why it would leave the city. And Ned hated Rhaegar, just his sister he cared about. Doubt hes putting any effort.

Been neat if Dawn was found down there though.

1 hour ago, PARROTHEAD said:

She had a weeks with Syrio. To the point she was mainly chasing cats and learning beginner stances and defenses. Then spends a year or so traveling with the Hound. And over half her time shown with the Faceless was spent cleaning bodies. Sitting on the streets blind. And setting up people to be assassinated. While Pod spent years of everyday training with one of the top Knights of Westros. And after those years, Brienne knocks him into the mud in 3 seconds while Arya goes Walker Texas Ranger on Brienne. The same Brienne that took out Loras, Hound and contended with Jaime. Met her match by a 90lb little teenage girl with little training.

Like I said. For me personally, as a personal preference. I think the focus should have keyed on her being a pure assassin.

Well keep in mind the Hound was heavily wounded and Jaime was tied to a post for a year. If they said Brienne could match them at their best that just wouldnt be true. Nor should it for Brienne, she's a very likable character because despite the odds she keeps fighting.

As for assassin's, they definitely set up the Faceless men in this series to be Super Soldier Jason Bourne's even though that's not the way they were portrayed in the books. They can fight, but can't just take on 20 men by themselves like a top of their class Jaime could.

I kinda prefer episodes like tonight where we really have no idea what to expect... With last week's episode being so hyped up we had a pretty good idea of what would happen...I honestly have no clue what's going to happen tonight and I love that.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

These HBO previews are unbearable. People watch this trash theyre promoting?  They need the other GOT series to come out quick.

Barry Season 1 was absolutely amazing. Unfortunately, they've lost the way with Season 2.