Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

Just now, Deadpulse said:

But... thats reality. You do know there is a pretty big difference between fiction and reality right? 

You do know there are humans in this fictional world right? With most of the similarities of the ones in this reality. It's what makes fiction so interesting. How humans would react in a world like that.

Just now, Calvert28 said:

You do know there are humans in this fictional world right? With most of the similarities of the ones in this reality. It's what makes fiction so interesting. How humans would react in a world like that.

Yea but, people dont usually purposely foreshadow their actions. If they do, their weirdos or are planning a surprise party and are bad at it. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

Most everyone understands by now that time constraints were at play.

Yes they know D&D chose to end it early when HBO said they would give them more time and money to make it happen. Most Producers, Directors, etc beg for these chances with more time and more money and they just "wrapped" it up supposedly for their new Star Wars project. That's already come to light and that has become a huge gripe about the season.

1 minute ago, Deadpulse said:

Yea but, people dont usually purposely foreshadow their actions. If they do, their weirdos or are planning a surprise party and are bad at it. 

Dany weas in a desperate situation when she originally made the declaration. I get it D&D wanted to foreshadow what would eventually happen, but I wouldn't take someone like that seriously when they just crossed the Sahara and are being denied entry which would most certainly mean their deaths if they didn't get in.

Besides D&D already stated that her decision for KL was spur of the moment. Which means it wasn't her original intention but she just decided to do it out of spite so it would be why she didn't announce it as her original intent.

Honestly I don't think it matters whether she killed 100k or 1 million (It's about 200k). She's still going through the streets massacring innocents. She is NOT going to rule Westeros after this, regardless of whether people fear her or not. This is literally overkill.

This is part of the point that critics are trying to make. Dany is no longer "power hungry". She is no longer even trying to rule over Westeros. She's destroying it. If she had done something in her mad scramble to take power, it would have made more sense. If she had snapped and done something terrible in pursuit of Cersei, it would have made more sense. As it is, she's essentially given up on her entire arc of "taking back what's hers" so she can intentionally BBQ kids.

Edited by nagahide13
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

Honestly I don't think it matters whether she killed 100k or 1 million (It's about 200k). She's still going through the streets massacring innocents. She is NOT going to rule Westeros after this, regardless of whether people fear her or not. This is literally overkill.

If they are wanting to subvert expectations then that would be the perfect way to end the series. Everyone expects her to die, so why not have her win with Jon ultimately following who his chosen father is and serve her loyally.

1 minute ago, nagahide13 said:

Well that would certainly make me more upset than I am.

I'm currently gunning for a "Sansa on the throne somewhere and Arya out wearing masks" or "everyone rich dies" or human extinction event.

IMO that is probably the only Martin type ending left for them to do.

Just now, Calvert28 said:

If they are wanting to subvert expectations then that would be the perfect way to end the series. Everyone expects her to die, so why not have her win with Jon ultimately following who his chosen father is and serve her loyally.

Danny is dying for sure, not that I agree with it. She will have broken the wheel, what she never knew was breaking the wheel is because of her own death. It was always a fascinating developmental that we all knew since Episode 1 of the entire series but D&D did a terrible job of executing it over the years to the point her rampage does not feel genuine in any way. 

My biggest questions are, how do they isolate her from Drogon, does Drogon live, does Tyrion live, etc. 

I’ve read theories Tyrion may live and serve on a Council of Kingdoms while Jon is exiled from all of the Kingdoms for killing the Queen. That would make no sense though, because Tyrion committed treason for freeing Jayme. Either they are both cleared or both punished. One or the other wouldn’t make sense. 

Despite its huge flaws this season and Dannys obvious death, I’m still quite looking forward to the finale. 

4 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

Well that would certainly make me more upset than I am.

I'm currently gunning for a "Sansa on the throne somewhere and Arya out wearing masks" or "everyone rich dies" or human extinction event.

Why in the world would you want Sansa Stark on the throne? She’s just as power thirsty as Danny or Cersei. Not as ruthless obviously, but she wouldn’t make a good Queen. It’s either Jon, a Council, or just seven individual Kings/Queens. 

Just now, BayRaider said:

Danny is dying for sure, not that I agree with it. She will have broken the wheel, what she never knew was breaking the wheel is because of her own death. It was always a fascinating developmental that we all knew since Episode 1 of the entire series but D&D did a terrible job of executing it over the years to the point her rampage does not feel genuine in any way. 

My biggest questions are, how do they isolate her from Drogon, does Drogon live, does Tyrion live, etc. 

I’ve read theories Tyrion may live and serve on a Council of Kingdoms while Jon is exiled from all of the Kingdoms for killing the Queen. That would make no sense though, because Tyrion committed treason for freeing Jayme. Either they are both cleared or both punished. One or the other wouldn’t make sense. 

Despite its huge flaws this season and Dannys obvious death, I’m still quite looking forward to the finale. 

It may not have too.

Should she die? Probably but we have seen many leaders in history make poor choices, mistakes, and even colossal **** ups and evil decisions. Yet they still go on to rule for the rest of their lives, sometimes dying of natural causes, others meeting their ends sooner then expected.

Alexander The Great destroyed entire cities for not bending the knee to him, same with Ghengis Khan and it is now a fact that Dany has chosen to conquer and not to liberate.

It may be why D&D has already said they are going to be in hiding when the final episode comes out.

Personally as much as I would love to see Jon on the throne. It might be more appropriate for Dany to win, and it would still be bitter sweet. Many people wanted her to win, and she was just not the person who we were hoping she would be.

4 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

It may not have too.

Should she die? Probably but we have seen many leaders in history make poor choices, mistakes, and even colossal **** ups and evil decisions. Yet they still go on to rule for the rest of their lives, sometimes dying of natural causes, others meeting their ends sooner then expected.

Alexander The Great destroyed entire cities for not bending the knee to him, same with Ghengis Khan and it is now a fact that Dany has chosen to conquer and not to liberate.

It may be why D&D has already said they are going to be in hiding when the final episode comes out.

Personally as much as I would love to see Jon on the throne. It might be more appropriate for Dany to win, and it would still be bitter sweet. Many people wanted her to win, and she was just not the person who we were hoping she would be.

I do agree with you, war is war. People claiming “omg innocent lives” are acting like this is a fairy tale. Harry Truman wiped two cities from existence because of war. 

Danny is not gonna be like Cersei/Joffery and just randomly have peeps killed for amusement. The war is over now and I would expect her to return to her normal self. 

I’m not gonna really dive into this though cause it’ll be a touchy topic and it’s just simply not gonna happen. She’s dead. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

I do agree with you, war is war. People claiming “omg innocent lives” are acting like this is a fairy tale. Harry Truman wiped two cities from existence because of war. 

Danny is not gonna be like Cersei/Joffery and just randomly have peeps killed for amusement. The war is over now and I would expect her to return to her normal self. 

I’m not gonna really dive into this though cause it’ll be a touchy topic and it’s just simply not gonna happen. She’s dead. 

Agreed it was so poorly handled her decent into madness, but maybe they do bring her back to her senses by having her walk through the city and come to grips with what she's done. That could be a very powerful scene with plots still going on around her which Jon defends her from in spite of him questioning his loyalties aswell. It would be much or more of a Cersei/Jaime type relationship where one knows what the other is but they still can't help but want to help them and protect them.

Jon stabbing Danny would be a highly predictable outcome. 

- Drogon eats Jon during an assassination attempt (you went your shock value, there ya go)

- Danny is executed by political fashion organized by Sansa aka Littlefinger 2.0. Peter lives on. Basically Julius Caesar style ending. 

- Drogon comes in, kills the people who executes Danny, takes Dannys dying body away to an isolated area. She cuddles with her child as she dies. 

- Bronn becomes King, basically Robert v2.0. Full circle.