Captain Marvel (Spoilers! Be Aware)

Acgott

Just now, Manny/Patrick said:

How will they negate C.Marvels power. With Vision they speared him in his first scene to limit his power. A fully capable vision would have helped in the final battle and against the generals

Oh. Those were options. I read it like you said it was a plot hole and I was so confused.

Rogue is going to steal her powers.

1 hour ago, Acgott said:

Oh. Those were options. I read it like you said it was a plot hole and I was so confused.

Rogue is going to steal her powers.

Well technically Vision was nerfed along with the Infinity Gauntlet. Thor nor Scarlett Witch should have been able to do what they did. 

1 minute ago, Calvert28 said:

Well technically Vision was nerfed along with the Infinity Gauntlet. Thor nor Scarlett Witch should have been able to do what they did. 

The comics SW can alter reality with chaos magic and that one wasn't created by an infinity stone that should create even a more powerful version.

What did Thor do that was so shocking?

3 hours ago, Acgott said:

The comics SW can alter reality with chaos magic and that one wasn't created by an infinity stone that should create even a more powerful version.

What did Thor do that was so shocking?

True, but the Infinity Gauntlet can reshape it entirely. Having the Infinity Gauntlet is like a writer with a blank sheet of paper and a pencil. Reality is what ever you want to make of it.

Thor hurt him with all the stones which should not have been possible regardless of how powerful Stormbreaker and he have become.

I can’t wait until Marvel retcons the terrible backstory for Wanda and Pietro and makes Magneto their father. What an awesome villain he’s going to be for a future phase after incorporating the X-Men. I just hope they keep Fassbender who’s been incredible. 

Captain Marvel struck me as a pretty uninteresting character based on the little research I'd done since it was announced for the MCU, but I enjoyed it. They tried to tell her origin story in a pretty unique manner and I think they nailed it. Also this showed me that a solo movie for an OP hero is very doable while sticking with the MCU "format/vibe". I know the issue with Hulk is a matter of rights, but maybe they'll be a little more motivated to make it happen... I can dream. 

One gripe was how they shoved the fact that it was the 90s in our faces every moment they could, got old fast.

Saw the movie earlier tonight. Enjoyed it. Not a perfect movie by any means, but a solid addition to the universe and adequately raised my excitement for End Game.

Read through the thread a bit. Some of you are insane. 

Just saw it.  It's better than Hulk, IM2, IM3, Thor 1, Thor 2, Guardians 2, Black Panther and Ant-Man 2.  Worse than the rest. 

I had been led to believe it was all feminist and all that, but it wasn't.  Few small things maybe, but it really wasn't. 

Thought the part near the end was a little lame where she got a little overpowered, but I really don't know the character.

Five years from now when I do another watching of all 37 Marvel movies, I will not dread a re-watch of this one the way I do with Thor 1/2, The Incredible Hulk or Black Panther.

11 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Just saw it.  It's better than Hulk, IM2, IM3, Thor 1, Thor 2, Guardians 2, Black Panther and Ant-Man 2.  Worse than the rest. 

I had been led to believe it was all feminist and all that, but it wasn't.  Few small things maybe, but it really wasn't. 

Thought the part near the end was a little lame where she got a little overpowered, but I really don't know the character.

Five years from now when I do another watching of all 37 Marvel movies, I will not dread a re-watch of this one the way I do with Thor 1/2, The Incredible Hulk or Black Panther.

Sometimes I think I'm the only Incredible Hulk fan on earth. I love fugitive movies.

Just now, Bullet Club said:

Sometimes I think I'm the only Incredible Hulk fan on earth. I love fugitive movies.

I don't hate the movie.  I just think it's so much like the previous era of superhero movies, not like an MCU movie.  It got really cheesy in parts, and it's weird now watching Norton as the Hulk. 

Just now, Outpost31 said:

I don't hate the movie.  I just think it's so much like the previous era of superhero movies, not like an MCU movie.  It got really cheesy in parts, and it's weird now watching Norton as the Hulk. 

That's fair. I'm doing an MCU Marathon starting next week and it's been a long time so that will be weird to watch.

Archived