Captain Marvel (Spoilers! Be Aware)

Acgott

10 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Really? Y'all gonna be pissed off if the most powerful marvel character comes in and whips Thanos just because y'all are emotionally invested in inferior characters? LOL

She's the OG, man. She is the Endgame. She is the one scenario that Dr. Strange saw. And I have absolutely zero problems with it. It's life baby. It's like complaining that your son got benched because some kid from outta town transferred in to the school and was flat out better lol. 

Uh...yeah. You invest 11 years into other characters who finally understand loss and having to overcome it, but the answer is simply brand new character? Boring, lazy, and awful.

1 minute ago, seminoles1 said:

Uh...yeah. You invest 11 years into other characters who finally understand loss and having to overcome it, but the answer is simply brand new character? Boring, lazy, and awful.

Nah, don't see it. Don't really care tbh. Sometimes you're simply not good enough and need someone better. Also, none of these characters are "brand new." There's source material for a reason.

Also, I trust Marvel to do a better job with it than y'all are implying. She may very well come in and whip Thanos but there will be proper build up and development to it. You can rest assure that Cap, IM and your beloved boys will have a part in it. Everyone knows Cap must get Bucky back!

7 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Nah, don't see it. Don't really care tbh. Sometimes you're simply not good enough and need someone better. Also, none of these characters are "brand new." There's source material for a reason.

Brand new to the MCU. This is a story 7 years in the making; if they conclude it with the newest and a boring character, introduced 1 month before the culmination of 11 years of movies, show up and just beat up Thanos, then it'd be one if the biggest cinematic disappointments of all time.

5 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Also, I trust Marvel to do a better job with it than y'all are implying. She may very well come in and whip Thanos but there will be proper build up and development to it. You can rest assure that Cap, IM and your beloved boys will have a part in it. Everyone knows Cap must get Bucky back!

Gender has nothing to do with it. 

Just now, beekay414 said:

Apparently they didn't use the source material.

I'm curious about the critics I mean why do they feel the need to just blatantly lie? When they said this movie wasn't preachy and did a great job of being an empowerment story what do they call every flash back scene about her being oppressed because she was female? Even her parents were apparently oppressors and evil because they fussed at her for driving those Go-Karts with the older kids. Her parents were evil because of that and they did it because she was female and had nothing to do with her just flipping her kart over like a dozen times, like maybe her dad was freaked out about it like any normal parent would be?

This movie had alot going for it but my God Bob Iger or Kennedy must have gotten a hold of this because this was not a typical Marvel movie.

Oh and of course the main villain was a white male.

Getting off the rant, anyone else notice the significance of her putting on that leather jacket in her tights?

7 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I think I know why your avatar is a man wearing a skirt and it has nothing to do with the Pet Detective.

3 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Brand new to the MCU. This is a story 7 years in the making; if they conclude it with the newest and a boring character, introduced 1 month before the culmination of 11 years of movies, show up and just beat up Thanos, then it'd be one if the biggest cinematic disappointments of all time.

Boring how? Because she kicks everyone's *** with ease? She's no more boring than Cap or Iron Man lol.

4 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Gender has nothing to do with it. 

Really? Cuz I find most of these characters pretty boring and people are pissed off that someone new might be the answer? Cmon. Emotional investment in stale characters (yes, they are ******* stale whether you wanna believe it or not) being the reason why you'll dislike someone else coming in and kicking *** is just lunacy to me. She's simply better than they are. That's life.

1 hour ago, dtait93 said:

This is my major concern as well. If a new hero they introduced literally a month before End Game comes in and wipes the floor with Thanos after a decade long build up, I will be extremely pissed off.

I think they’re smarter than that and will see how horrid of a look that would be though. 

You seem to forget who owns Marvel. They've let Feige handle the reins for a long while, but now it's a very stable franchise and they probably think they can do more with it then just make money.

21 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

It's life baby. It's like complaining that your son got benched because some kid from outta town transferred in to the school and was flat out better lol. 

This isnt life though... its fiction. In fiction, you want the audience to be invested. Your argument is kinda nonsense here. 

On the flip side, I do not think Carol is going to come in and magically fix things. I think this will be a battle that they still don't really "win". Obviously we know the snap gets reversed, because marketing is a machine that can't be stopped, but I dont think it will be easy. 

Also the fears that Carol will make it stupid easy are silly since Thor seemed more than able to kill him in Infinity War. 

10 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

I'm curious about the critics I mean why do they feel the need to just blatantly lie? When they said this movie wasn't preachy and did a great job of being an empowerment story what do they call every flash back scene about her being oppressed because she was female? Even her parents were apparently oppressors and evil because they fussed at her for driving those Go-Karts with the older kids. Her parents were evil because of that and they did it because she was female and had nothing to do with her just flipping her kart over like a dozen times, like maybe her dad was freaked out about it like any normal parent would be?

This movie had alot going for it but my God Bob Iger or Kennedy must have gotten a hold of this because this was not a typical Marvel movie.

Oh and of course the main villain was a white male.

How was it any different than Cap's origin movie in regards to preachiness? The only difference this time is that it's a woman instead of a small person. Nobody bitched about it when it was a little person overcoming everything.

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Really? Cuz I find most of these characters pretty boring and people are pissed off that someone new might be the answer? Cmon. Emotional investment in stale characters (yes, they are ******* stale whether you wanna believe it or not) being the reason why you'll dislike someone else coming in and kicking *** is just lunacy to me. She's simply better than they are. That's life.

How are they stale?

How is she not?

Scarlett Jo, RDJ, Evans, Hemsworth, Jackson, all these people have shown considerable more range in acting then Brie has.

She can perform comedy decently but I've seen her in other films and she falls flat in those as well as this one when it takes real emotion in a scene with the slightest bit of adversity. The hype factor is whats carrying this movie right now and while it does have effects and some decent humor, mostly done by a well supported actor Jackson. It just isn't a difference maker in this movie. It's more of a cookie cutter superhero movie.

Archived