Captain Marvel (Spoilers! Be Aware)

Acgott

5 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

That's the 7th biggest total among Marvel comic movies and is noticeably worse than that with inflation included. 

This was a good opening weekend but to act like it's a tremendous victory isn't correct. 

The only Marvel flicks to do better are the 3 Avengers movies, Avengers 2.5 (Civil War), and Black Panther. I would call that pretty damn victorious. 

3 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

That's the 7th biggest total among Marvel comic movies and is noticeably worse than that with inflation included. 

This was a good opening weekend but to act like it's a tremendous victory isn't correct. 

Yup, the damage control is starting already. xD

Yeah, making a measly $455 mil worldwide in its first weekend is nothing to write home about at all. El oh el. 

Just now, Deadpulse said:

The only Marvel flicks to do better are the 3 Avengers movies, Avengers 2.5 (Civil War), and Black Panther. I would call that pretty damn victorious. 

Iron Man 3 did better by 21 million, no inflation required.

Adjusting for inflation so did Guardians 2, Spider-Man 3, and a handful of others. 

This was a middle of the road opening for a Marvel movie.

It's 2nd among origins only to Black Panther. It's doing well. I know there are more details to consider. Inflation, joining an established franchise as opposed to starting one and being the MCU movie before Endgame all have varying impacts. However, there is no denying it's doing well at the box office.

54 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

It's 2nd among origins only to Black Panther. It's doing well. I know there are more details to consider. Inflation, joining an established franchise as opposed to starting one and being the MCU movie before Endgame all have varying impacts. However, there is no denying it's doing well at the box office.

Thing is, the movie has numerous advantages the other origin movies didnt.

Iron Man, Captain and Thor's origins happened long before the MCU became as huge as it is now.    You cant compare it to them because they were still establishing everything then.    Now, Marvel movies are going to have success pretty much no matter what.

On top of that, its been made clear how much this will tie into the last Avengers movie.      That alone helps it tremendously.

And beyond the MCU advantages, there is nothing else good in theaters right now.

Captain Marvel is like a mediocre appetizer.     Its not that good, but youre hungry and its the only thing on the table until the main course arrives.  

Eh, it was okay. Nothing special. Biggest critique outside of Larson playing the character fairly stiff is that Captain Marvel suffers from Superman syndrome, that is when you make a character so incredibly OP, they just inevitably become inherently boring. I'm slightly concerned how they elect to use her in Infinity War. If she becomes this deus ex machina to just wipe the floor with Thanos, I can see that leaving a really bad taste in a lot of people's mouths after they've invested over a decade of time into these other super heroes who have much wider appeal and have earned their following over multiple films.

9 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Eh, it was okay. Nothing special. Biggest critique outside of Larson playing the character fairly stiff is that Captain Marvel suffers from Superman syndrome, that is when you make a character so incredibly OP, they just inevitably become inherently boring. I'm slightly concerned how they elect to use her in Infinity War. If she becomes this deus ex machina to just wipe the floor with Thanos, I can see that leaving a really bad taste in a lot of people's mouths after they've invested over a decade of time into these other super heroes who have much wider appeal and have earned their following over multiple films.

This is my major concern as well. If a new hero they introduced literally a month before End Game comes in and wipes the floor with Thanos after a decade long build up, I will be extremely pissed off.

I think they’re smarter than that and will see how horrid of a look that would be though. 

15 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Agree on all aspects of this post. 

She should be able to whoop Thanos, but that would be so boring. 

1 minute ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Agree on all aspects of this post. 

She should be able to whoop Thanos, but that would be so boring. 

Is binary Captain Marvel stronger than a 6 infinity stone Thanos? I guess maybe after being axed in the heart and the snap looking like it burnt up the infinity gauntlet

12 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

So with the Tesseract scene in the credits, do we have any idea when that scene takes place in timeline?  Sure, Fury isn't sitting at the desk, so many probably assume it takes place post snap, but could it have been earlier, which wouldn't wreck the established timeline?

If I remember correctly, the monitor on his desk looked like a huge 1990's style monitor which makes me think when Goose puked it up it was still in the 90's.

Really? Y'all gonna be pissed off if the most powerful marvel character comes in and whips Thanos just because y'all are emotionally invested in inferior characters? LOL

She's the OG, man. She is the Endgame. She is the one scenario that Dr. Strange saw. And I have absolutely zero problems with it. It's life baby. It's like complaining that your son got benched because some kid from outta town transferred in to the school and was flat out better lol. 

Archived