Captain Marvel (Spoilers! Be Aware)

Acgott

1 minute ago, Deadpulse said:

This isnt life though... its fiction. In fiction, you want the audience to be invested. Your argument is kinda nonsense here. 

On the flip side, I do not think Carol is going to come in and magically fix things. I think this will be a battle that they still don't really "win". Obviously we know the snap gets reversed, because marketing is a machine that can't be stopped, but I dont think it will be easy. 

Also the fears that Carol will make it stupid easy are silly since Thor seemed more than able to kill him in Infinity War. 

It's Marvel, they'll be fine. They'll do it right and the fears will be needless. I'm just saying, bitching because someone is more superior than the people you're emotionally invested in is a bit melodramatic.

Just now, beekay414 said:

It's Marvel, they'll be fine. They'll do it right and the fears will be needless. I'm just saying, bitching because someone is more superior than the people you're emotionally invested in is a bit melodramatic.

I dont think people are complaining that she is more powerful. They just dont want her to be the only reason they beat Thanos, which I dont think is a reasonable fear. 

5 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

How are they stale?

How is she not?

Scarlett Jo, RDJ, Evans, Hemsworth, Jackson, all these people have shown considerable more range in acting then Brie has.

She can perform comedy decently but I've seen her in other films and she falls flat in those as well as this one when it takes real emotion in a scene with the slightest bit of adversity. The hype factor is whats carrying this movie right now and while it does have effects and some decent humor, mostly done by a well supported actor Jackson. It just isn't a difference maker in this movie. It's more of a cookie cutter superhero movie.

What? Brie literally won an Oscar for Room. She's a fine actress. ScarJo is the most boring actress out there tbh. She can't act a lick. There's a reason why all of her films that she was the lead in bombed.

1 minute ago, Deadpulse said:

I dont think people are complaining that she is more powerful. They just dont want her to be the only reason they beat Thanos, which I dont think is a reasonable fear. 

She won't be. She'll be the main reason though and I feel like, even then, people will ***** that it wasn't enough Cap or IM.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

She won't be. She'll be the main reason though and I feel like, even then, people will ***** that it wasn't enough Cap or IM.

one of them will pull the sac play IMO. Gweneth being out as Pepper might be telling in that regard but who really knows. 

8 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

This isnt life though... its fiction. In fiction, you want the audience to be invested. Your argument is kinda nonsense here. 

On the flip side, I do not think Carol is going to come in and magically fix things. I think this will be a battle that they still don't really "win". Obviously we know the snap gets reversed, because marketing is a machine that can't be stopped, but I dont think it will be easy. 

Also the fears that Carol will make it stupid easy are silly since Thor seemed more than able to kill him in Infinity War. 

Yea but the snap can't be fully reversed because it's been confirmed by the directors that there are people who stay dead. Now maybe they just meant the people who Thanos killed with his bare hands but still it's a question of "if" it fixes everything. Like say if they undo the snap does it destroy the gauntlet in the process and all the causalities of war stay KIA.

Also Thor threw a sneak attack at Thanos who didn't have much time to react. Plus Stormbreaker is supposed to be a near all-powerful weapon wielded by a much stronger Thor then in the original movies. In terms of power he and Carol may just be on par with eachother.

Just now, Deadpulse said:

one of them will pull the sac play IMO. Gweneth being out as Pepper might be telling in that regard but who really knows. 

Tony's going to do it IMO. He's feared seeing his friends die the entire franchise. 

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

What? Brie literally won an Oscar for Room. She's a fine actress. ScarJo is the most boring actress out there tbh. She can't act a lick. There's a reason why all of her films that she was the lead in bombed.

Lol and what has Brie carried?

Also the Oscar's are worthless. Shame on you for even bringing that up.

1 minute ago, Calvert28 said:

Also Thor threw a sneak attack at Thanos who didn't have much time to react. Plus Stormbreaker is supposed to be a near all-powerful weapon wielded by a much stronger Thor then in the original movies. In terms of power he and Carol may just be on par with eachother.

Thor is probably close, but needing Stormbreaker probably puts him a step below on pure power, but it aint much. 

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Tony's going to do it IMO. He's feared seeing his friends die the entire franchise. 

I agree. I know people will cite Evan's reported want to exit the MCU, but I have a fun solution to that. Imagine Thanos captures Steve and decides to try to break him because he has been a huge nuisance post snap. Thanos uses the time stone and reality stone to torture him because he realizes that pain wont do it. He shows him the howling commandos and Peggy Carter circa 1940s. When that doesnt quite do it, he reverses time all the way to when Steve is pre-serum, small and feable again and Thanos says, "No, even in this form you still have potential" so he goes in the opposite direction and ages hims to Old Man Steve. They could use a different actor to play old man Steve Rogers who can play an advisory role to the Avengers much like he did when this happened to him (albeit in a different way) in the comics. 

Archived