Week One GDT: Los Angeles Rams at Oakland Raiders

BayRaider

5 minutes ago, justwinbaby81 said:

Yep. All true. If im questioning Gruden this game it's why did we stop feeding the beast. 

He was averaging like 3.7 yards per carry. 

2 minutes ago, justwinbaby81 said:

Facts. We had a 2nd half lead before the wheels fell off. We have work to do, this is not a contender of course. I think what's worrying people is that we may be further back than people thought. 

Like I said, Denver game will be very telling for 2018.

Yea, I was sweating it until we were up 23-13. Y'all had an impressive gameplan.

This game went exactly how I thought it would. I predicted 33-20 Rams, Final Score 33-13 Rams. I had Gurley getting 140 yards and a TD and dominating. He had 140 yards and a TD.

I did expect Carr to be better though... the guy sucks under pressure and sucks against top defenses,. I don't know why I get grilled anytime I say anything negative about Carr. Guy had the best pass protection in the league in 2016. One of the best pass protecting units of the decade actually. Carr was a 2nd Round Pick because scouts were scared to death of his ability under pressure, and would get happy feet and would never make a throw in the pocket when pressure is mounting. Carr has some GREAT tools and I hope Gruden can get the most out of him. However, if we go the Carr route, he needs to have a great line and have a lot of quick passes.

3 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

Sure but the Rams have 2 of the best DTs in the game and some pretty good DBs.

Broncos may not be more overall talented,  but they still have a damn good defense with a top 5 player in Miller. And remember we will be playing in Denver so all the audibles and stuff Carr likes to do at the LOS can be negated by the noise.  I just think that game has more potential to go bad early on than this one.

Just now, TheMadStork said:

Looking like a top 7 pick to me...McKenzie has this team looking like the Al Davis days because of his inability to draft talent. Not ONCE has he hit on a 2nd rounder since he’s been here..that’s horrendous. 

If Carr was playing like 2016 that could mask the problems but he isn’t and I really don’t know what to say. Between losing Musgrave and the injuries he has turned into his brother 

I think the Donald hit spooked him some, honestly when he went down I thought he got hurt and watching the replay showed it could have happened easily, after that he seemed to start dumping the ball a lot quicker. On the other side Goff had all the time in the world just so frustrating to watch I really don't even want to remember we had a player like Mack on our DL, fact is he will never be a Raider again we had our shot and barfed all over it.

8 hours ago, TheMadStork said:

My football coach would call us COWARDS lol.. he would say “YOU COWARD!” ..he was a old Vietnam Vet...but maybe he’s right? Is coward more imperically correct? 

I think there's a baseline level of "toughness" required just to make a 53-man roster in the NFL (let alone start at QB). I also think it's safe to assume none of us commenting here possess that minimum level of toughness.  Therefore, it seems odd for any of us to throw around words like "*****" and "wimp" when describing the players. That is all.

2 hours ago, 808sinfour4time said:

I think there's a baseline level of "toughness" required just to make a 53-man roster in the NFL (let alone start at QB). I also think it's safe to assume none of us commenting here possess that minimum level of toughness.  Therefore, it seems odd for any of us to throw around words like "*****" and "wimp" when describing the players. That is all.

Ok, I’m a little angry , so Don’t take my words so literal. I would hope Carr is way tougher than me. 

Although I will quote him saying that dislocating his finger was the worse pain of his life...

2 hours ago, TheMadStork said:

Ok, I’m a little angry , so Don’t take my words so literal. I would hope Carr is way tougher than me. 

Although I will quote him saying that dislocating his finger was the worse pain of his life...

Lol ive broken 22 bones in my life thus far and i can tell you right now, a boxer fracture in my pinkie knuckle stung alot worse than breaking both of my ankles

Archived