2019 Prospects thread.

Jimmy Austin

16 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

The QBs will rise by default. In any other draft, the top guys this year are second and third round picks.

Hell, Greer would've been the fifth/sixth QB taken this year.

It seems like there's always some that come out of no where but we'll see. Someone needs to be groomed ASAP. Can't go into next season with this same QB situation. 

35 minutes ago, Caaddy24 said:

It seems like there's always some that come out of no where but we'll see. Someone needs to be groomed ASAP. Can't go into next season with this same QB situation. 

I'm not sure if he's coming out of no where, but people are pumping up Daniel Jones. My personal opinion is that this class is meh and I don't want to be in a situation where we took a QB one draft too early again...

27 minutes ago, Caaddy24 said:

I'd throw a sixth at Indy and see about Jacoby Brissett. We'd have him for 2019. If he plays well we can extend him. If he sucks he can walk and we can look to the draft for a QB.

21 minutes ago, SappDaddyDance said:

I'm not sure if he's coming out of no where, but people are pumping up Daniel Jones. My personal opinion is that this class is meh and I don't want to be in a situation where we took a QB one draft too early again...

I would like to take advantage of the talent we have on offense right now. If the strategy is to wait for a QB in the 2020 draft, that would mean tanking next season as well. I don't want to reach for one in 2019 either, but if there's one that grades out a late first rounder I think it'd be worth the chance. But I have no idea on the candidates right now.

2 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

Sooo Gruden has five 1st rounders over the next 2 drafts, if Jones is the guy no way he makes it past 2 overall.  Bucs would have to go winnless the rest of the way to get into the top 3.  I m frustrated, but I don t want to see my next regular season win in September 19. 😓

47 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Will Grier is growing on me but only if we 1. Trade back 

2. Sign a bridge like teddy or Flacco. 

Im really down to tank next year to get TUa. 

Not sold on Tua and I don’t want to tank next season. If we get lucky enough to have Grier drop into the 2nd then sure, I’d got get him, but I don’t to miss on new defensive gems because we are reaching on another QB. FA signings will depend on who our next HC is.

59 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Will Grier is growing on me but only if we 1. Trade back 

2. Sign a bridge like teddy or Flacco. 

Im really down to tank next year to get TUa. 

No to the bolded. Bama has played NOBODY. And their whole team is full of the top recruits in America. No way to even get an accurate assessment of him.

Yes to your 1 or 2 options though. I'll take Flacco all day. 

Archived