2019 Prospects thread.

Jimmy Austin

This is going to be a real interesting next 3 months for Bucs fans with regular and off season moves.

At the end of the day we won’t torpedo the franchise with a QB in the 1st due to the newer rookie salary structure. 

New HC/GM or not, I think we need to take a long and hard look at Will Grier in the 1st. His footwork is horendous from what I’ve seen but the guy wins, kind of like Cam Newton (as much as that pains me to say). Grier can complete passes at a high rate in college and doesn’t have the same turnover issues one year to the next that Jameis had his 2 years at FSU. 

Resign Fitz no matter the coach (the players love him) and have him mentor Grier and let’s have 5 more seasons of a cheap QB while we try to get somewhere with all this talent around him.

Edited by Lil' Shorty

1 hour ago, indifference said:

Maybe we take a shot on a QB like round 3. DE first pick and get a guard r2.

Can fix CB issue in FA.

Just my personal preference, I don t like drafting QBs after the first round. Also, less inclined with a draft not considered very deep.

I would be more inclined to use a draft pick on a young back up in the league already.  Personally, no one excites me in that dept, but I would rather spend a 3rd that way then drafting another Glennon.

2 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Just my personal preference, I don t like drafting QBs after the first round. Also, less inclined with a draft not considered very deep.

I would be more inclined to use a draft pick on a young back up in the league already.  Personally, no one excites me in that dept, but I would rather spend a 3rd that way then drafting another Glennon.

Generally speaking, the only worthwhile QBs in the NFL are first and second round picks.

I wouldn't mind taking dline with our first pick (or trading back in a deep class and taking dline) and trading up for a QB we might like late in the first. Or even trading up to 2.1 or 2.2 and taking the first QB day two.

2 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

Generally speaking, the only worthwhile QBs in the NFL are first and second round picks.

I wouldn't mind taking dline with our first pick (or trading back in a deep class and taking dline) and trading up for a QB we might like late in the first. Or even trading up to 2.1 or 2.2 and taking the first QB day two.

anything is possible especially with a new GM.  The Bengals and Raiders have recent history going QB 2nd round.  I m in the minority, I don t have an issue bringing back any of the QBs currently on the roster and spending my first three picks on both lines.  They don t dominate the LOS on either line right now.  Enough with the QBs taking big shots in the pocket.  Some of that is scheme, but the oline overall is very average.

7 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

anything is possible especially with a new GM.  The Bengals and Raiders have recent history going QB 2nd round.  I m in the minority, I don t have an issue bringing back any of the QBs currently on the roster and spending my first three picks on both lines.  They don t dominate the LOS on either line right now.  Enough with the QBs taking big shots in the pocket.  Some of that is scheme, but the oline overall is very average.

Building up everything around the QB and (potentially) taking one next year is also an option. And one I wouldn't be against.