Everything Kevin Byard

Farsendor1

Kids going to be a stud he can really elevate out defense if he can add 5-7 takeaways to his resume this year. Someone in that secondary has to cause some turn overs I don't see why it can't be him.

He does a lot of things well though can blitz he's a good tackler isn't scared to stick his nose into a play and is always around the ball

Obviously he's my AAT, so I'm a huge fan, but he's only going to get better. What he showed on Saturday is why (or at least partly why) I've always been so down on the Cyprien signing. We already have a safety that can fill gaps, make tackles in space and play the run. Incredibly well. And that's not all he's limited to.

Byard's future is bright, but he should be used in the Polamalu role of a rover, playing all over the field, shifting into the box on some downs and playing deep on others. If you're using two safeties and it's Byard and Cyprien though, it really limits what you're able to do with the better player because of the significant weaknesses of the other.

I don't think Cyprien is going to hold back Byard enough that he doesn't make an impact. Because his future is too bright. But I don't think we're going to see Byard utilized to his fullest potential until we add a safety that we're confident in playing the pass. That doesn't even need to be some incredible football player, just someone who can take the Ryan Clark role and allow Byard the freedom to create plays all over the field.

On 8/14/2017 at 11:19 PM, titans0021 said:

Obviously he's my AAT, so I'm a huge fan, but he's only going to get better. What he showed on Saturday is why (or at least partly why) I've always been so down on the Cyprien signing. We already have a safety that can fill gaps, make tackles in space and play the run. Incredibly well. And that's not all he's limited to.

Byard's future is bright, but he should be used in the Polamalu role of a rover, playing all over the field, shifting into the box on some downs and playing deep on others. If you're using two safeties and it's Byard and Cyprien though, it really limits what you're able to do with the better player because of the significant weaknesses of the other.

I don't think Cyprien is going to hold back Byard enough that he doesn't make an impact. Because his future is too bright. But I don't think we're going to see Byard utilized to his fullest potential until we add a safety that we're confident in playing the pass. That doesn't even need to be some incredible football player, just someone who can take the Ryan Clark role and allow Byard the freedom to create plays all over the field.

Good thing you got the guy who helped mold Polamalu on the staff, right?

• 1 month later...

Archived