Allen to Start Week 2 GDT

soflbillsfan

4 hours ago, LeeEvans said:

Anyone following this Vontae Davis thing? Dude isnt injury and isnt out on the field, seems like he just didnt come back out at half. 

The Bill's currently have five available players in the secondary. 

Alexander is saying that Davis "retired" from football at the half! Given what a whiner he was when he got benched last year, this I guess doesn't surprise me...at least coming from him. Anyone else, yeah, it's shocking. No sense really writing what I think of Vontae Davis, the site will just censor it.

36 minutes ago, Yibbyl said:

Alexander is saying that Davis "retired" from football at the half! Given what a whiner he was when he got benched last year, this I guess doesn't surprise me...at least coming from him. Anyone else, yeah, it's shocking. No sense really writing what I think of Vontae Davis, the site will just censor it.

Yeah that's beyond disrespectful. I cant believe someone had the nerve to do that. As I said earlier, he left the Bills with five available DBs in the second half. He can go straight to hell. 

Unfortunately I was unable to catch the game today, can someone give me some insight (I really only care about Josh Allen today)

1. Overall impression of Allen?
  2. Allen seemed to have a good statline around the half. Decent Comp % and a YPA of 10.0. Generally positive in the 1st half?
  3. How bad were the 2 interceptions?
  4. Is the lack of open receivers/poor OLine responsible for his performance, or did he play like a rookie?

Thanks

2 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

Unfortunately I was unable to catch the game today, can someone give me some insight (I really only care about Josh Allen today)

1. Overall impression of Allen?
  2. Allen seemed to have a good statline around the half. Decent Comp % and a YPA of 10.0. Generally positive in the 1st half?
  3. How bad were the 2 interceptions?
  4. Is the lack of open receivers/poor OLine responsible for his performance, or did he play like a rookie?

Thanks

1) Certainly night and day from Peterman. General rookie performance in my opinion, some good and some bad. Felt like he was doing a lot on his own. He had a great moment on the sideline after the offense scored and he was trying to pump up the defense and I think it really showed his natural leadership. 

2) Thought he was better in the second half. He had one really good drive in the first half but we had a lot of three and outs (not particularly his fault). 

3) Pretty bad. The second was a good read but a bad throw. He had single coverage and should have went thrown deeper but tried to drop the pass in and threw it short and put it in the only place the defender had a play at it. It was more of a throw issue than a bad read of the defense which I dont known if that's good or bad haha. 

4) I'd say a little bit of both but more talent around him than him particularly. Allen holds the ball a bit too long and I think that is a combination of play calling, lack of separation and part on him. The offensive line is awful, it was obvious again. I though he did a lot of good things with his legs and his pocket presence is generally pretty good. The running game was basically non existant. 

1 hour ago, LeeEvans said:

1) Certainly night and day from Peterman. General rookie performance in my opinion, some good and some bad. Felt like he was doing a lot on his own. He had a great moment on the sideline after the offense scored and he was trying to pump up the defense and I think it really showed his natural leadership. 

2) Thought he was better in the second half. He had one really good drive in the first half but we had a lot of three and outs (not particularly his fault). 

3) Pretty bad. The second was a good read but a bad throw. He had single coverage and should have went thrown deeper but tried to drop the pass in and threw it short and put it in the only place the defender had a play at it. It was more of a throw issue than a bad read of the defense which I dont known if that's good or bad haha. 

4) I'd say a little bit of both but more talent around him than him particularly. Allen holds the ball a bit too long and I think that is a combination of play calling, lack of separation and part on him. The offensive line is awful, it was obvious again. I though he did a lot of good things with his legs and his pocket presence is generally pretty good. The running game was basically non existant. 

One thing worth noting too, he was really poor at recognizing where the pressure was coming from pre-snap; adjusting the protection to pick up pressure/blitzers was definitely an issue today. He'll get better as he goes, definitely a rookie thing.

Having a relatively inexperienced line doesn't do him any favors. A veteran center like Eric Wood would be a HUGE help in that regard.

4 minutes ago, NickChowaniec said:

One thing worth noting too, he was really poor at recognizing where the pressure was coming from pre-snap; adjusting the protection to pick up pressure/blitzers was definitely an issue today. He'll get better as he goes, definitely a rookie thing.

Having a relatively inexperienced line doesn't do him any favors. A veteran center like Eric Wood would be a HUGE help in that regard.

Yeah thats a really good point and I definitely forgot to mention that. It was painfully obvious and I think, as you said, not an experienced lineman really highlighted the problem. 

Bad year to have season tickets lol. I told my girlfriend that if we hadn’t gotten there on a party bus i would have left at halftime.

Anyways, I’ll share my thoughts. As @marshawn lynch alluded to, our defense was night and day from the first half to the second half. We actually got a decent amount of pressure as well. What i didn’t like was how i felt the same exact ******* play kept getting us. It felt like the short crossing route two yards in front of the line of scrimmage kept killing us huge chunk plays. That was one of the main reasons i wanted to leave so soon, how do you let the same thing destroy you that many times? Like i said though, they adjusted and played decently after the first 17 or 18 minutes of the game.

The offense...everything outside of Shady and Josh were yikes... our line is obviously dreadful, and our receivers can’t get separation to save their *****. I like Josh Allen. I think he is going to be the real deal if he can survive this season (next week and the Jax game primarily). The first pick he threw i think was completely due to the fact that he felt like he had to do everything and take the game over because he had no help. I think as he grows older he will learn to just throw the ball away in that situation. Watching the defender struggle to get him down and being dragged a few yards was good to see.   Yeah, he needs more development, but he was better than i expected for his first start. Add to that how he was pumping up the defense on he sideline. I reallllllly like this kid, we just need to get him through this season without any major injury or regression/incompetence. If we can do that and with the cap space we have and the likely high draft pick we are gonna get, we will be looking pretty good for the future.

Was at the game so i didnt get the full view of everything other then some good pointers. I think Allen is going to struggle just like every rookie qb does and the oline has stepped up a bit since week 1 not by much but still better. Leslie Fraizer will be this years scapegoat which is rightfully so his play calling has been atrocious. My huge concern is the player management. I was fortunate enough to sit behind the bills bench and got to see some things you wouldnt see on tv. Offense comes off the field late in to the 3rd qtr and early 4th. The first 3 plays the chargers moved the ball with ease and who i see on the sideline well rested and ready to go in wer Milano, Kyle, Jerry and Murphy. Why the heck does McDermott not have these guys in? Once they came in they made some solid plays hughes getting the sack, or the fumble that was caused. To us in the stadium during replay the ball looked out and it was bills possession but they didnt give it to them. Their presence is a bigger threat on the field and wish they were out there more. Vontae giving up on his team is a coward move even if your not feeling it just pretend to hurt your ankle and say you cant go in dont bail at half like a lil you know what. Its tough to stay positive about this squad but there are still 14 more games and they definitely seemed more competitive this week then last. Bills luckily receive majority of Vontae's money back in cap space which is nice so they could still apply it to someone. I think they need to take at Besahud Breeland as he is still out there. 

Archived