Dak - Grown Man

textaz03

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

He has had the highest completion in the NFL since getting Cooper (before colts game) with a very respectable ANY/A. He has increased his deep shots attempts and not just been a check down dude; which makes his completion percent even better. 

Is he perfect? No

Does he need to work on his deep ball? Yes

But dropping easy passes from Dak absolutely makes it look like he is worse than he is. 

I dunno man, that was the first time I saw someone drop an easy pass from him, oh another time from Cooper when the ball hit him right on his chest. How many times have Dak missed Gallup? Hurns? God knows who else. Dude is  a game manager, if our D fails he cannot bring us back. 2016 is 2016 what we need is right now, and right now he cannot carry this team with his mediocre QB play. Was Cooper schemed by the Colts? take away his fave target we are doomed

1 minute ago, retrolock said:

I dunno man, that was the first time I saw someone drop an easy pass from him, oh another time from Cooper when the ball hit him right on his chest. How many times have Dak missed Gallup? Hurns? God knows who else. Dude is  a game manager, if our D fails he cannot bring us back. 2016 is 2016 what we need is right now, and right now he cannot carry this team with his mediocre QB play. Was Cooper schemed by the Colts? take away his fave target we are doomed

I good QB in 2018 hits around 65%ish of the time. Thats what Dak hits.

And yes, the Colts were more scared of Cooper than Zeke and the OL. 

2 minutes ago, retrolock said:

Now that is scary, we need to know how Dak will respond if his his wr1 is taken away. Didnt do Dez Bryant any good though.

Brees should have scored 0 points once his #1 WR was taken away. Since Dak is worse than Brees, he probably should score negative points. 

Even worse he is missing his #2 (Williams) and #3 (Austin). Plus his OL. 

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/dak-prescott?id=2555260

Thought this was interesting to go back and read....

WEAKNESSES

Beat up this year thanks to poor protection. When he wasn't being sacked, he was being hit hard. Not as competitive a rusher in 2015. Sacks and usage in run game might be taking a toll. Increase in short pass attempts from 86 to 208 this year reason for higher completion numbers. Accuracy on intermediate and deep throws dropped sharply. Pocket poise has been compromised. Hyper­ aware of pressure around him and lacks awareness to slide and find temporary shelter to make throw. Concern over pressure too often trumps ability to get through progressions. Must speed up the pace of his reads. Footwork is a mess. Slight stride onto stiff upper leg with little weight shift. Restricted follow through and too often tries to muscle throws with upper body. Throws to target rather than leading or throwing them open on short/intermediate throws. Too respectful of underneath coverage and must be more willing to challenge the defense. Needs to improve anticipation.

1 minute ago, DaBoys said:

Blind haters

I think there's validation to both sides of the Dak argument. I don't think the Quincy comparisons are valid. I don't recall Quincy ever bringing this team back from deficits nor leading them to wins. I don't recall Dak ever being a druggy. 

I seem to remember a 3rd year Romo getting quite a bit of heat on this forum for some of his "gunslinger" tendencies with the football. I think a lot of people seem to forget we're without our All-Pro center, have been starting a castoff at LG and rookie, have been dealing with a not 100% Tyron Smith and Zack Martin all year, and just recently had to start our 3rd string guard. This isn't the world-beating offensive line we saw in 2016. 

Then there's the coaching. We know Linehan has his flaws, one of these being his inability to adjust and play to the strengths of his QB. I don't believe he nor Moore are the ones to help Dak in his progression to reach those McNabb comparisons in that scouting report. 

4 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Brees should have scored 0 points once his #1 WR was taken away. Since Dak is worse than Brees, he probably should score negative points. 

Even worse he is missing his #2 (Williams) and #3 (Austin). Plus his OL. 

What? Williams is #2? Have you forgotten Beasley? You are really reaching matts

7 hours ago, retrolock said:

Dak has bad luck, when he throws a perfect pass it doesnt get caught boohoo. How about the times he has missed wide open receivers.

I know I know im a hater but damn

Every single QB from the school yard to the NFL HOF has misses and continues to miss "wide open WRs" Stop it. you guys proclaim it like Dak is doing it at an unreal rate. Yet statically speaking your not right and certainly NOT by my eye test. Do you guys NOT watch other games??? Or are you guys so busy stewing in your own overly emotional hatred that it has blinded all reasonable judgment?

6 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

Here’s a quote from Tony Kornheiser 5 minutes ago:

”Dak Prescott doesn’t get them into the end zone as much as you’d like.

Of course, it must be rhetoric coming from him, right?

Perfect example of a bumbling idiot who never ever played the game (I Bet) and says "Dak" doesn't get him in the endzone etc.." yet doesn't realize that in a team sport, especially where "play-calling matters" as much as anything and Dallas has some of the all time worst at that. 

Tony Kornhiny should be stating Dallas doesn't get them in the endzone as much as you like. Dak should definitely get some blame but all of it??????

7 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

He has had the highest completion in the NFL since getting Cooper (before colts game) with a very respectable ANY/A. He has increased his deep shots attempts and not just been a check down dude; which makes his completion percent even better. 

Is he perfect? No

Does he need to work on his deep ball? Yes

But dropping easy passes from Dak absolutely makes it look like he is worse than he is. 

Actually stats don't apply here. Not when dissecting a few misfires, but the miscreants keep repeating them 100 fold inorder to get the job done. freakin sheep.

6 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

Right. Because a Hall of Fame DE who played for 15 years doesn’t understand the game. And it’s worse when he sits on a panel with former coaches and players. Well done, Ostrich. I see your ordered more sand.

this is so lame of an argument. for every naysayer against Dak on TV you can find the opposite opinion from other former players. Part of their comments is to stir ratings. Long before Dak, Dallas was always a target for comments like this. It sells way better than bland boring commentary. 

Archived