Dak - Grown Man

textaz03

On 12/12/2018 at 9:54 PM, Matts4313 said:

Absolutely. Young Romo was a turnover machine. Its why 1. it took him 3 years to start a game and 2. Even after that was an INT machine. He was a gunslinger. 

And before anyone takes this as ish talk, I named my dog Romo. I love the man. But it took him 7-10 years to cut down on the turnovers and become the guy we all remember. 

Bs, romo threw down the field supremely better than dak

id take romo first full year of 36 tds and 19 INTs over any of daks years

the accuracy of the two qbs isn’t even close, in romos favor

go ahead and cite daks 5-10 yard pass completion percentage 

21 minutes ago, 5x10 said:

Bs, romo threw down the field supremely better than dak

id take romo first full year of 36 tds and 19 INTs over any of daks years

the accuracy of the two qbs isn’t even close, in romos favor

go ahead and cite daks 5-10 yard pass completion percentage 

Romo 3rd year, 2006: 164/244  67% on 10+ yard passes. 

Romos 4th year, 2007:  253/386 66% on 10+ yard passes

Dak as a rookie, 2014: 224/329 - 68% on 10+ yard passes.

But you can believe whatever you want. 

51 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

The eye test is always there. And again, you still refuse to acknowledge what analysts and experts say.

1. You might need glasses. Your hatred has given you poor eye sight. Here is a typical Plan9 GDT experience: 8 great throws, ignored. 1 bad throw "OMG GOD HE SO INACCURATE".

2. I acknowledge what plenty of experts say. Did you miss this? Reread...:

43 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

1. You might need glasses. Your hatred has given you poor eye sight. Here is a typical Plan9 GDT experience: 8 great throws, ignored. 1 bad throw "OMG GOD HE SO INACCURATE".

If you said something like “Dak Prescott doesn’t resemble an NFL quarterback”, you’d think you would just admit to being wrong and move on.

Although the reverse jinx has worked pretty strongly in Dak’s favor...

I’m not on #TeamQuincy and I’m not on #TeamDak either. Dak is a middle of the road QB. He is what you can expect from Alex Smith. Sometimes teams can win with that and sometimes they can’t. He is still young and developing but there are a lot of throws that he misses and sticks in our minds. You don’t see the “elites” miss those throws nearly as often [Gallup deep shots particularly]. Maybe a better OC can help him unlock his potential. We may never know. 

My point earlier was that Matts is manipulating stats to support his cause but they don’t tell the whole story. But the other side isn’t exactly giving the straight truth either. 

3 minutes ago, MightyMouse07 said:

I’m not on #TeamQuincy and I’m not on #TeamDak either. Dak is a middle of the road QB. He is what you can expect from Alex Smith. Sometimes teams can win with that and sometimes they can’t. He is still young and developing but there are a lot of throws that he misses and sticks in our minds. You don’t see the “elites” miss those throws nearly as often [Gallup deep shots particularly]. Maybe a better OC can help him unlock his potential. We may never know. 

My point earlier was that Matts is manipulating stats to support his cause but they don’t tell the whole story. But the other side isn’t exactly giving the straight truth either. 

I agree with just about everything you said.... I think right now Dak is playing at an Alex Smith level - which is good; but is it good enough? Dak is not elite. Which is why he misses elite throws. But other good QBs miss those throws too. Hell, even elite guys miss them, just a lot less often. 

As for the manipulation - those werent my stats. It was a tweet that I copied and pasted here.

9 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

I agree with just about everything you said.... I think right now Dak is playing at an Alex Smith level - which is good; but is it good enough? Dak is not elite. Which is why he misses elite throws. But other good QBs miss those throws too. Hell, even elite guys miss them, just a lot less often. 

As for the manipulation - those werent my stats. It was a tweet that I copied and pasted here.

You’re using that as part of your argument so therefore the manipulation comment stands. I don’t care if they are from a tweet you’re using cherry picked stats from a tweet to make an argument supporting your own. 

Its important to compare stats between players at the same time today and not even players that started playing 7 or 8 years ago. The league is becoming very different from one that we saw when we first started posting on this board. It’s more important to compare stats amongst players at the same time frame otherwise guys like Stafford are HOFers with their numbers. 

I believe Daks ceiling is Alex Smith with a better arm but not as accurate. Smith has a good winning percentage  and good career numbers. Is that good enough to win a Super Bowl? When Smith was with the 49ers it wasn’t and that team had a really good defense and running game similar to what Dak has now. 

4 hours ago, cromagnum said:

I believe Daks ceiling is Alex Smith with a better arm but not as accurate. Smith has a good winning percentage  and good career numbers. Is that good enough to win a Super Bowl? When Smith was with the 49ers it wasn’t and that team had a really good defense and running game similar to what Dak has now. 

Dak is Alex Smith right now, and has been since his rookie season. I would call that his floor. 

On 12/13/2018 at 10:57 PM, Matts4313 said:

Romo 3rd year, 2006: 164/244  67% on 10+ yard passes. 

Romos 4th year, 2007:  253/386 66% on 10+ yard passes

Dak as a rookie, 2014: 224/329 - 68% on 10+ yard passes.

But you can believe whatever you want. 

How about 15 yard passes?

how many 10 yard passes did dak have vs romo?

why are you counting romos first year starting as his 4th year?

It’s almost like you haven’t even seen the two play

Archived