Dak - Grown Man

textaz03

8 minutes ago, MightyMouse07 said:

Rule change happened in 2004 with illegal contact being called more frequently and added.

So that was Brady's 4th year starting. Peyton's 6th year starting and Big Ben had just begun then. 

The one thing I'd add is that offenses have changed a lot. The college game has leaked into the NFL and we see a lot more about short quick passes that help keep INT numbers down for many QBs. 

ok. 

Dak (45 games): 30-15, 96 Rating, 6.6 ANY/A, 66% Completion, 10k yards, 62TDs, 24 INTs

Rivers (2006-09, 48 games): 33-15, 93 rating, 6.8 ANY/A, 62% completion, 10k yards, 77 TDs, 35 INTs

Luck (48 games): 33-15, 87 Rating, 6.3 ANY/A, 59% comp, 13k yards, 86 TDs, 43 INTs

Newton (48 games): 25-23, 87 rating, 6.3 ANY/A, 59% comp, 11k yards, 64 TDs, 42 INTs

Ryan (46 games): 33-13, 87 rating, 6.3 ANY/A, 61% comp, 10k yards, 66 tds, 34 INTs

Would you like me to keep going?

4 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

ok. 

Dak (45 games): 30-15, 96 Rating, 6.6 ANY/A, 66% Completion, 10k yards, 62TDs, 24 INTs

Rivers (2006-09, 48 games): 33-15, 93 rating, 6.8 ANY/A, 62% completion, 10k yards, 77 TDs, 35 INTs

Luck (48 games): 33-15, 87 Rating, 6.3 ANY/A, 59% comp, 13k yards, 86 TDs, 43 INTs

Newton (48 games): 25-23, 87 rating, 6.3 ANY/A, 59% comp, 11k yards, 64 TDs, 42 INTs

Ryan (46 games): 33-13, 87 rating, 6.3 ANY/A, 61% comp, 10k yards, 66 tds, 34 INTs

Matts, I can through up stats all day long as well of QBs who put up more impressive stats than Dak when they play behind a top 10 OL, have a #1 WR and a great run game.  

This is what you are not getting... Dak is ranked as the 18th QB in the NFL this year despite the fact that he’s got the NFL rushing leader and a top 10 OL... not to mention a #1 WR.  As much as you try to downplay the OL, both football outsiders and PFF rank is in the top 10.  Dak isn’t doing anything special as a throwing QB (he has made some special plays as a running QB).  

Compare these 2 QBs.  Both QBs have top 3 RBs in the NFL.  Both QBs have #1 WRs. QB1 has a top 9 OL and QB2 has the 24th rated OL.

QB1:  240 YPG, 68% completion percentage, 7.5 YPA, 17 TDs, 7 INTs, 96.7 QBR, 48 sacks, 8 fumbles (5 lost).

QB2:  266 YPG, 67.7% completion percentage, 7.6 YPA, 18 TDs, 8 INTs, 95.8 QBR, 43 sacks, 5 fumble (2 lost).

These QBs have nearly identical stats with very similar weapons on offense despite QB2 having a far inferior OL.  You want to give QB1 a huge contract extension.  QB2 is on the verge of being replaced.  QB2 is obviously Eli Manning.  

26 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

Compare these 2 QBs.  Both QBs have top 3 RBs in the NFL.  Both QBs have #1 WRs. QB1 has a top 9 OL and QB2 has the 24th rated OL.

QB1:  240 YPG, 68% completion percentage, 7.5 YPA, 17 TDs, 7 INTs, 96.7 QBR, 48 sacks, 8 fumbles (5 lost).

QB2:  266 YPG, 67.7% completion percentage, 7.6 YPA, 18 TDs, 8 INTs, 95.8 QBR, 43 sacks, 5 fumble (2 lost).

These QBs have nearly identical stats with very similar weapons on offense despite QB2 having a far inferior OL.  You want to give QB1 a huge contract extension.  QB2 is on the verge of being replaced.  QB2 is obviously Eli Manning.  

giphy.gif

4 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

ok. 

How many of the pass attempts - not on average, but the ACTUAL THROWS - went for more than 7 yards in the air? I’d bet HUGE money that every other QB on that list has vastly more attempts down field than Quincy.

1 hour ago, The_Slamman said:

Matts, I can through up stats all day long as well of QBs who put up more impressive stats than Dak when they play behind a top 10 OL, have a #1 WR and a great run game.  

This is what you are not getting... Dak is ranked as the 18th QB in the NFL this year despite the fact that he’s got the NFL rushing leader and a top 10 OL... not to mention a #1 WR.  As much as you try to downplay the OL, both football outsiders and PFF rank is in the top 10.  Dak isn’t doing anything special as a throwing QB (he has made some special plays as a running QB).  

Dak has had a #1 WR for 6 games. In those 6 games virtually all of his stats are top 10 in the NFL. 

Maybe read your link. Zeke has it easy, with the 9th best run blocking. Dak on the other hand has to deal with the crap level 30th ranked pass blocking. 

Go ahead please. Show me all these QBs who were far superior in their first 3 years. 

56 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

How many of the pass attempts - not on average, but the ACTUAL THROWS - went for more than 7 yards in the air? I’d bet HUGE money that every other QB on that list has vastly more attempts down field than Quincy.

He has attempted 288 passes over 10 yards. 

Damn, yall are easy tonight. You want a chance to get clowned next @CAPJ :D 

6 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

He has attempted 288 passes over 10 yards. 

Damn, yall are easy tonight. You want a chance to get clowned next @CAPJ :D 

Sure.

But find a post where I said Dak is terrible and not worth keeping.

My main point is Dak cant make some of these mistakes in the playoffs because the margin for error will be much smaller. 

He has skills that can be utilized but I dont think he is worth $25 million a year.

38 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Dak has had a #1 WR for 6 games. In those 6 games virtually all of his stats are top 10 in the NFL. 

Maybe read your link. Zeke has it easy, with the 9th best run blocking. Dak on the other hand has to deal with the crap level 30th ranked pass blocking. 

Go ahead please. Show me all these QBs who were far superior in their first 3 years. 

Sure Matts... please show me the other QBs that have had the #1 RB in the NFL and arguably the best OL in the NFL for their first 3 years in the league.  Oh, and a #1 WR and one of the best TEs in the history of the NFL for 2 of the 3 years.

but I can show you stats all day long of average QBs putting up great stats when they have a great supporting cast.

22 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

I asked for all of the QBs. Then, provide the completion percentages for all of the QBs beyond 10 yards. 

Do your own damn leg work. The point is, every time you make a comment based on your opinion, I prove you wrong with actual facts. And then you resort back to your racist nickname for Dak and bury your head in the sand. 

If you think you have an actual valid argument. Prove it. Show me I am wrong. I bet you wont. 

13 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

Sure Matts... please show me the other QBs that have had the #1 RB in the NFL and arguably the best OL in the NFL for their first 3 years in the league.  Oh, and a #1 WR and one of the best TEs in the history of the NFL for 2 of the 3 years.

but I can show you stats all day long of average QBs putting up great stats when they have a great supporting cast.

Be intellectually honest with yourself and you will realize I wont have too. 

He has a great RB. A RB that is in the same ball park with ~3-5 other guys. 

He had a great OL for about 1/2 of his career. 

He has had a #1 WR about 1/2 of his career. 

He has a mid 30's TE whose best years were behind him.

He has had a great defense about 1/2 of his career. 

And, btw, I already showed you Phillips. Didnt he walk on to a team with the #1 RB in the league, #1 TE in the league, good WRs and one of the best OL's in football? IIRC his defense was top 5 too. 

You are deflecting. You cant back up your opinion with facts, so now you are changing the parameters. 

8 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Do your own damn leg work. The point is, every time you make a comment based on your opinion, I prove you wrong with actual facts. And then you resort back to your racist nickname for Dak and bury your head in the sand. 

If you think you have an actual valid argument. Prove it. Show me I am wrong. I bet you wont. 

You proved nothing. He’s an inaccurate QB and you know it. Unless he’s sitting in perfect conditions with wide open receivers, a perfect o-line and a star RB, he can’t perform consistently. The games speak for themselves. Greg Cosell talked about it again literally just this morning. He’s only been analzying NFL games for nearly 35 years, so he couldn’t possibly know what he’s talking about. 

Just for giggles, I did a quick search of their first years starting. I am not going to do this for all of them:

Passes over 10 yards:

Dak as a rookie: 224/329 - 68%

Ryan as a Rookie:  184/304 - 61%

Luck as a rookie:  268/511 -  52%

Rivers 1st year starting:  196/322 - 61%

So @plan9misfit, You are once again dead wrong with your assessment. Are you going to admit to being dead wrong?

55 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Just for giggles, I did a quick search of their first years starting. I am not going to do this for all of them:

Passes over 10 yards:

Dak as a rookie: 224/329 - 68%

Ryan as a Rookie:  184/304 - 61%

Luck as a rookie:  268/511 -  52%

Rivers 1st year starting:  196/322 - 61%

So @plan9misfit, You are once again dead wrong with your assessment. Are you going to admit to being dead wrong?

Link?

And, how many of those were the ball moving that far or YAC? I ran a google search and nothing came up. So, nope. Not dead wrong. Again, I watch the games. The eye test is always there. And again, you still refuse to acknowledge what analysts and experts say. When did Greg Cosell, a 30+ year evaluator, suddenly become “wrong” because of your blind homerism? 

Seriously, if Quincy played on ANY other team, you wouldn’t defend him. You’d admit he’s wildly inaccurate and inconsistent when it comes to even the simplest NFL throw.

The fact is, when you dink and dunk a lot, completion percentages are very high. He doesn’t take risks, which is a good thing. But we continually see him miss wide open receivers on elementary routes, and he really can’t throw the deep ball well at all. But hey, don’t let the games fool you. He’s clearly more accurate that what actually happens on the field. O.o

Archived