Dak - Grown Man

textaz03

27 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Oh, you are right. Talking about the most valuable players on our team doesn't have anything to do with him.. my bad. 

Well, I'm not quite sure how the play of lve or d law have to do with Dak and his play at quarterback. Unless you're trying to use their efforts in an attempt to discredit aDak. Which would seem like an awfully hater ish thing to do.

by the way, it's Wednesday, I've been waiting for you to complain about something else...

19 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Well, I'm not quite sure how the play of lve or d law have to do with Dak and his play at quarterback. Unless you're trying to use their efforts in an attempt to discredit aDak. Which would seem like an awfully hater ish thing to do.

I'm just saying... if I was wrong about Dak, if the Cooper fixed Dak thread blew up in my face, if Dak truely was the QB I said he wasn't.... wouldn't he be at least in the top 5 on his own team?

...Now if he keeps playing like he did Sunday, with deep shots and what not, we may be on to something. If he ever reigns in the pass to Gallup.. I feel like that play is becoming Shaqs free throw.  DCs have to be confused as hell about whether or not they should start gameplaning for that. On one hand he gets deep on every team, and you cant have that, on the other hand it's less than 50% chance Dak can hit him, on the third hand if he DOES hit him it's a huge reward. 

I love Daks toughness. I love his poise. I love his mobility. I'm not in love with his arm talent or slow feet in the pocket. Something I think a good QB guru could fix/mask.

3 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

wouldn't he be at least in the top 5 on his own team?

Depends on how you define MVP. If we are being literal => he is #1 the most *valuable* player. But most people interchange MVP and Best. If we are asking if he is the best player on the team... no he isnt. 

Plenty of QBs arent the best player on their team though. I would be lying if I said I could name the top 5 best on every team, but off the top of my head the only clear cut teams were the QB is the best player on their team:

Brady

Rodgers

Mahommes

Rivers

Luck

Stafford

Cam

Brees

Wilson

Which means 23/32 teams dont have their QB as their best player.  

6 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

Let me be absolutely clear on this.

My definition of a HATER is someone who takes great joy in finding and pointing out negatives and then inflates them beyond their actually value, while minimizing the many positive attributes (in this case with Dak)

Having said that, there are quite a few HATERS on here.

please feel free to criticize, just note the positives as well.  

2nd bold- I think here a very few QBs who can "overcome roster deficiencies"

In the meantime, I don't believe Dak deserves 25-30 yet. But that is out of our control. I don't want the Jones' F ing that up either. But we are 85 million under the cap so it's not like the sky is falling anyway.

I hear you. But for people to state that Dak played amazing in the 4th quarter/OT and a big reason why we won, they need to realize that Dak was the reason why that game was close to begin with. 

His lob throw to Coop that was picked, cost us points. 

His interception to Gallup gave Philly points.

His deep ball miss to Gallup prevented us from putting the game away for the second week in a row.

This was all against arguably the worst pass defence in the league. If we play Chicago in the playoffs, we are not going to get that chance.

However that doesnt mean Dak didnt make good throws or comes up clutch. I really believe we can win with Dak (however SL needs to go) as he can be clutch and we should use him to run more.

Giving him $25-$30 million is a mistake regardless of how much cap space we have.

The top managed teams dont overpay players just because they have cap space. If Dak is worth $15 million a season then we should pay him that regardless if we have the cap space or not.

We need to re-sign DLaw, Cooper, Zeke and Byron. That's going to be expensive. I dont see a situation that we can pay Dak that type of money while paying those guys and keeping others around.

I like dak around the $15 million a year range. Anything more than that he should be tagged and find a replacement.

5 hours ago, DaBoys said:

I don't get why you guys are strutting around like a couple of roosters. We have won games this year because of our DEFENSE, running back, crazy Thanksgiving YAC from Amari Cooper, and some very timely big plays from our QB. Which has been just enough to overcome the mistakes made by our QB and play caller and give us nail biting wins.

We are winning in spite of our QB/play caller. In Sundays case Dak scrambled to overcome his own mistakes(even JG said the INTs were ugly so don't give the OL/WR excuses) plus the fumble. 

It's great that he is trusting his #1 WR now whether they are open or not. On the two deep passes to Cooper he wasn't really open, and certainly on the game winning play the ball arguably shouldn't have been thrown. We got lucky. But the point is, Dak is trusting Cooper whether he won his route or not. Something Dak refused to do with Dez, so we cut Dez. So maybe Cooper did fix Dak, if Dak is going to continue trusting Cooper like that.

But it's still just one game, our offense is still considered shaky, Dak isn't being mentioned for QB of the year for a reason, and it isn't because I'm a hater.

See I disagree with you almost 100% on so many posts, But only you have the ability to make me laugh (the bold print)

I don't have time at this moment to scrutinize your individual comment till later tonight, BUT I am coming for you.

I just got done listening to a Bill Parcells interview. At the conclusion I thought.... My God, if Bill could sculpt a QB, it would be Dak. The "QB Commandments" were basically a way to turn Romo into Dak.

On the other hand, I think someone like Reid would much prefer Romo. 

Just a thought. 

10 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I just got done listening to a Bill Parcells interview. At the conclusion I thought.... My God, if Bill could sculpt a QB, it would be Dak. The "QB Commandments" were basically a way to turn Romo into Dak.

On the other hand, I think someone like Reid would much prefer Romo. 

Just a thought. 

I’m sure Parcells would want someone who’s accurate. Quincy is not. 

11 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

He actually started Quincy over Romo. So I am sure he would love Dak, who is supremely more accurate than either Quincy or a young Romo. 

What? Supremely more accurate than a young romo?

3 minutes ago, 5x10 said:

What? Supremely more accurate than a young romo?

Absolutely. Young Romo was a turnover machine. Its why 1. it took him 3 years to start a game and 2. Even after that was an INT machine. He was a gunslinger. 

And before anyone takes this as ish talk, I named my dog Romo. I love the man. But it took him 7-10 years to cut down on the turnovers and become the guy we all remember. 

7 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Absolutely. Young Romo was a turnover machine. Its why 1. it took him 3 years to start a game and 2. Even after that was an INT machine. He was a gunslinger. 

And before anyone takes this as ish talk, I named my dog Romo. I love the man. But it took him 7-10 years to cut down on the turnovers and become the guy we all remember. 

Very true. People forget that he was an INT machine early on in his career. Favre was his idol, and he mimicked Favre’s style for a very long time, turnovers and all.

11 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

He was a risk taker not a sack taker. Until later in his career when he stopped throwing into traffic and started slide sacking himself under pressure.

But there is a difference, a big difference, between turning it over because you make a poor decision or risky throw, and being an inaccurate thrower. 

Lol

Just now, DaBoys said:

He was a risk taker not a sack taker. Until later in his career when he stopped throwing into traffic and started slide sacking himself under pressure.

But there is a difference, a big difference, between turning it over because you make a poor decision or risky throw, and being an inaccurate thrower. 

Lol

Wrong. 

Have you seen the Romo 30 for 30?

He himselfs admits he didnt know how to use his feet. How to read a defense. How to throw an NFL ball. 

9 hours ago, DaBoys said:

I don't get why you guys are strutting around like a couple of roosters. We have won games this year because of our DEFENSE, running back, crazy Thanksgiving YAC from Amari Cooper, and some very timely big plays from our QB. Which has been just enough to overcome the mistakes made by our QB and play caller and give us nail biting wins.

We are winning in spite of our QB/play caller. In Sundays case Dak scrambled to overcome his own mistakes(even JG said the INTs were ugly so don't give the OL/WR excuses) plus the fumble. 

It's great that he is trusting his #1 WR now whether they are open or not. On the two deep passes to Cooper he wasn't really open, and certainly on the game winning play the ball arguably shouldn't have been thrown. We got lucky. But the point is, Dak is trusting Cooper whether he won his route or not. Something Dak refused to do with Dez, so we cut Dez. So maybe Cooper did fix Dak, if Dak is going to continue trusting Cooper like that.

But it's still just one game, our offense is still considered shaky, Dak isn't being mentioned for QB of the year for a reason, and it isn't because I'm a hater.

Ok I am so late its hard to play catch up. But basically you are saying Dallas is winning mainly due to defense and Zeke but minimize what Dak has done to "just enough and barely enough to win."

This is a perfect example of what I am talking about with you and your Anti-Dak posse. Dak has played good to exceptional since getting Coop. He has delivered at a high rate in the most important moments. Led this team to a 5 game winning streak, all while still not having a competent coaching staff. 

Even if Dak/Dallas start off slow or make early mistakes, HE DOES NOT FALTER!!!! but rather bounces back stronger than ever.  

The saying is"the glass is half full"(positive thinkers)or the "glass is half empty"(pessimistic thinkers) but I swear with some of you guys it's like "the glass is 1/4 empty instead of 3/4 full.

35 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

Ok I am so late its hard to play catch up. But basically you are saying Dallas is winning mainly due to defense and Zeke but minimize what Dak has done to "just enough and barely enough to win."

This is a perfect example of what I am talking about with you and your Anti-Dak posse. Dak has played good to exceptional since getting Coop. He has delivered at a high rate in the most important moments. Led this team to a 5 game winning streak, all while still not having a competent coaching staff. 

Even if Dak/Dallas start off slow or make early mistakes, HE DOES NOT FALTER!!!! but rather bounces back stronger than ever.  

The saying is"the glass is half full"(positive thinkers)or the "glass is half empty"(pessimistic thinkers) but I swear with some of you guys it's like "the glass is 1/4 empty instead of 3/4 full.

It’s really more that many of us are frustrated that Quincy continually pisses in the glass with his poor-to-mediocre play for most of the game and forces us to drink it rather than measuring the liquid level.

Archived