Dak - Grown Man

textaz03

His accuracy issues were most glaring during the first few weeks this year, but now that Coop has come and made the defense honest, he's just missing those should be TD throws to Gallup. But 42 out of 55 was really good last game, inspite of his nasty TOs and sacks. Dak's first TD to Coop was beautiful.

Ahhhh, how best to put this?

First off, I have to say Dak Prescott both lived down to the criticism of being inaccurate, a poor decision maker, careless in the pocket, slow decision making and putting his team in a position to lose, while at the very same time, competed hard, showed poise under pressure, delivered big time when it counted most, statistically played his best game and displayed leadership qualities that rival the best QB's of all time.

Simply put, I don't know. I don't have an answer about Dak Prescott and his ability to lead this team to a title.

Is it possible? SURE IS! Look at the Iggles last year. Nick freakin FOLES wins a SB against Tom Brady???? Let that sink in.

Is it probable? Uhhh?????

I guess the best answer I can formulate at the moment is this. We would all feel a great deal more confident and comfortable if Prescott hit a few of those deep balls to Gallup or didn't throw high across the middle for an INT or had better pocket presence and didn't fumble the ball or had his starters up front  on the O line or, or, or....

But the simple fact is Dak is what he is. And if we are going to the playoffs then we have to roll with him and take the good with the bad and hope for the best.

Not very reassuring, but he DID display poise and confidence when the game and the NFC East where on the line yesterday.

So fingers crossed, buckle up, say your prayers and hold your collective breaths, here come the Cowboys.

14 minutes ago, retrolock said:

His accuracy issues were most glaring during the first few weeks this year, but now that Coop has come and made the defense honest, he's just missing those should be TD throws to Gallup. But 42 out of 55 was really good last game, inspite of his nasty TOs and sacks. Dak's first TD to Coop was beautiful.

understatement , 42 of 55 is freaking ridiculously good.  

5 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

First off, I have to say Dak Prescott both lived down to the criticism of being inaccurate, a poor decision maker, careless in the pocket, slow decision making and putting his team in a position to lose, while at the very same time, competed hard, showed poise under pressure, delivered big time when it counted most, statistically played his best game and displayed leadership qualities that rival the best QB's of all time.

Simply put, I don't know. I don't have an answer about Dak Prescott and his ability to lead this team to a title.

Is it possible? SURE IS! Look at the Iggles last year. Nick freakin FOLES wins a SB against Tom Brady???? Let that sink in.

I guess the best answer I can formulate at the moment is this. We would all feel a great deal more confident and comfortable if Prescott hit a few of those deep balls to Gallup or didn't throw high across the middle for an INT or had better pocket presence and didn't fumble the ball or had his starters up front  on the O line or, or, or....

But the simple fact is Dak is what he is. And if we are going to the playoffs then we have to roll with him and take the good with the bad and hope for the best.

Not very reassuring, but he DID display poise and confidence when the game and the NFC East where on the line yesterday.

So fingers crossed, buckle up, say your prayers and hold your collective breaths, here come the Cowboys.

The bold is no fluke either, he did it his rookie year vs AR in the playoffs and many times since. His best qualities as you say are not quantifiable on stat sheets YET are the backbone of legends. He is a HARD out if there is a chance in CRUNCH time. Is there a bigger or better asset to have in a QB than that??? 

Dak is easily good enough to win everything with. Let's remind ourselves that Dak is NOT doing this with a special OC but rather a probable poor one. 

If Dak gets more help, healthy O-line and a stud TE, I feel there isn't a team Dallas couldn't stay with. 

15 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

Dak obviously is far from perfect, but it is ok to enjoy this ride and see where it takes us. It's really been quite a fun one for about 5 weeks now.

39 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

this is for the many other Monday morning QBs who almost revel in the joy of pounding Dak. 

Nah, it's stating facts. 

Is Dak a Quincy/Tim Tebow type of player? No. Is he Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers? No...at least, not yet. 

He has flaws, damn near every QB does. But go through league history and you'll almost always find that great QBs had great coaches behind them. If Jerry and Stephen want this team to really reach peak performance - Scott Linehan and maybe Kellen Moore to a point should be shown the door and a legitimate QB coach/OC brought in. 

1 minute ago, D82 said:

Nah, it's stating facts. 

Is Dak a Quincy/Tim Tebow type of player? No. Is he Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers? No...at least, not yet. 

He has flaws, damn near every QB does. But go through league history and you'll almost always find that great QBs had great coaches behind them. If Jerry and Stephen want this team to really reach peak performance - Scott Linehan and maybe Kellen Moore to a point should be shown the door and a legitimate QB coach/OC brought in. 

absolutely no argument there..... will it ever change though??

2 minutes ago, retrolock said:

Winning is a great deodorant, was that john madden? anyways, you really can't fault the others @resilient part 2 from criticizing Dak, especially during the 3-4 start. But if the team keeps winning and if our offense don't trample our defense, Dak will come out smelling like roses. 

I think there are a handful of posters who will always say Dak smells foul regardless of the outcome. And that's fine. This isn't a perfect world

1 minute ago, resilient part 2 said:

I think there are a handful of posters who will always say Dak smells foul regardless of the outcome. And that's fine. This isn't a perfect world

Those same people were bashing Romo for the better part of a decade. Sour grapes.

Archived