Dak - Grown Man

textaz03

5 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Those same people were bashing Romo for the better part of a decade. Sour grapes.

For whats its worth, I was a fan of romo since he took over from Bledsoe. Die hard fan i might gather, my wife often teases me, "you watching your boyfriend romo highlights again lol"

2 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

So sick of someone always finding a negative even through a positive. LIKE jealous little middle school kids. Maybe Dak's confidence with Cooper is sky high you little mental midgets...

He is right though. A Ramsey or a Eddie Jackson could have jumped that route. And we will play against better play makers in the playoffs. And I bet you anything Dak is rewatching film and sees it too. 

2 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

He is right though. A Ramsey or a Eddie Jackson could have jumped that route. And we will play against better play makers in the playoffs. And I bet you anything Dak is rewatching film and sees it too. 

If Ramsey is over there, he probably doesnt throw that. I know every football fan has at some point said "Dude, its one on one, Just TRUST OUR GUY! Give him a CHANCE!". 

Dak saw 1 on 1 with a scrub CB, running a safe route, and he took his shot. 

3 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Never said he was wrong, but my point is quarterbacks more than any position in sports will do a lot of things right and a lot of things wrong. Some people just Revel and take great Glee and pointing out all the things done wrong.

Just now, resilient part 2 said:

Never said he was wrong, but my point is quarterbacks more than any position in sports will do a lot of things right and a lot of things wrong. Some people just Revel and take great Glee and pointing out all the things done wrong.

I disagree with this. I think every single play there is normally ~2-3 players that screw up. BUT:

1. People dont scrutinize/care about other positions nearly as much.

2. Most of the mistakes you cant see from the broadcast, you have to watch the All-22

3. We as fans/analyst/etc dont *actually* know what the player was supposed to do. We can just assume. 

6 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

If Ramsey is over there, he probably doesnt throw that. I know every football fan has at some point said "Dude, its one on one, Just TRUST OUR GUY! Give him a CHANCE!". 

Dak saw 1 on 1 with a scrub CB, running a safe route, and he took his shot. 

Fair enough maybe hes still growing in spite of being held back by his so called mentors. I'm just saying he wont have anything like that against the Bears. 

17 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I disagree with this. I think every single play there is normally ~2-3 players that screw up. BUT:

2. Most of the mistakes you cant see from the broadcast, you have to watch the All-22

3. We as fans/analyst/etc dont *actually* know what the player was supposed to do. We can just assume. 

I disagree with the quarterback part. Quarterbacks on given a lot on their plate many more things to consider, play calling reading adjustments feeling the pressure around them Communications and probably a few more, all while being asked to lead. This usually is afar big a load to carry then players at any other position. And I thought that was a universal fact. Unless we are arguing on something else

1 minute ago, resilient part 2 said:

I disagree with the quarterback part. Quarterbacks on given a lot on their plate many more things to consider, play calling reading adjustments feeling the pressure around them Communications and probably a few more, all while being asked to lead. This usually is afar big a load to carry then players at any other position. And I thought that was a universal fact. Unless we are arguing on something else

You said QBs more than other positions do a lot right/wrong.

I took that to mean that QBs are more prone to good and bad plays. I think all players make good and bad plays, but that we mostly just pinpoint it on the QB. 

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

You said QBs more than other positions do a lot right/wrong.

I took that to mean that QBs are more prone to good and bad plays. I think all players make good and bad plays, but that we mostly just pinpoint it on the QB. 

Well yes quarterbacks get pinpointed for right or wrong More often . Nature of the position I guess

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

I do agree that every play you could find someone who "messed up".

My biggest issue with Dak is his inconsistency. I may be wrong, but I dont think we can win in the playoffs when he continues to make mistakes like he did yesterday. Yes he was big in the 4th quarter, but it shouldnt have come to that. Back to back weeks he missed Gallup deep and both times, it would have put the game away.

Everyone keeps saying, if we have a stud tight end, Dak will only get better. What happens if we draft one, then lose a piece on defense and the o-line because we paid Dak? Is the excuse going to be, only if Dak had a line to protect him?

My concern is paying Dak $25 million  a year. He is not the type of QB that can make up for shortcomings in other areas.  His decision making may get better with time, but I dont think you can greatly improve ball placement and accuracy.

Lets cut the hyperbole and be real. Several of you are claiming that Dak was "bad/terrible" 75% of the game. There were 93 (IIRC) offensive plays. 55 Passes. 

Are you really stating that either 70 (of total plays) or 41 (passes) from Dak were bad/terrible? 

OR

3 turnovers, 2 missed deep balls, 1 of the sacks for sure were bad/terrible. So that what, 6 of the 93 plays he was terrible? roughly ~6% of the game? Hell, we will call it 10% as I am sure there are some more. Quit saying 75%. It makes you look like a blind hater.

Archived