Dak - Grown Man

textaz03

2 minutes ago, retrolock said:

his fumbles are a concern matts, when he did that against the redskins i really him and jg to be roasted alive

Fumble are a fluke stat. Especially for QBs. Romo had 13 fumbles in a year. Did you think of him as a fumbler? 

It happens if your QB is getting hit a lot. Historically Dak gets sacked 6% of plays. This year its 12%.

5 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Going to be a lot of disappointed people when Dallas signs Dak to 8yrs/$210m. 

Not saying I love it, but the handwriting is on the wall. It's going to happen.

The only way I'll be disappointed in us re-signing Dak is if we keep Scott Linehan around or refuse to bring in an OC/HC that will maximize Dak's talents and help him grow as a QB. 

23 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

You dont follow QB money do you? $25m/yr is Alex Smith. Which most people believe is his comp.

So you're telling me that you want to pay top dollar for Dak? You don't want a more reasonable number the same way most people want a more reasonable number for DLaw?

4 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

So you're telling me that you want to pay top dollar for Dak? You don't want a more reasonable number the same way most people want a more reasonable number for DLaw?

Thats not top dollar..... Wentz* will be getting top dollar money, and it will be a number that starts with $3_M/yr. Dak will be 20-25% less than top dollar. 

So, if A Donald is getting $24m/yr, then they would be the equivalent of DLaw getting ~$18m a year. 

*Based on the idea that Rodgers is getting $34m/yr. That is the current top dollar.

50 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Thats not top dollar..... Wentz* will be getting top dollar money, and it will be a number that starts with $3_M/yr. Dak will be 20-25% less than top dollar. 

So, if A Donald is getting $24m/yr, then they would be the equivalent of DLaw getting ~$18m a year. 

*Based on the idea that Rodgers is getting $34m/yr. That is the current top dollar.

And pretty much everyone will say Dak is half the QB that Rodgers is. Many don't even believe he is even a Top 20 QB. He has alot working against him when it comes to the contract so it's not a stretch to say he 20 and a 5 yr contract which would still make him a 100m dollar player is a more reasonable number.

3 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

And pretty much everyone will say Dak is half the QB that Rodgers is. Many don't even believe he is even a Top 20 QB. He has alot working against him when it comes to the contract so it's not a stretch to say he 20 and a 5 yr contract which would still make him a 100m dollar player is a more reasonable number.

Thats not how that works and you know it. More reasonable would be a 5 year, $25m/yr contract that has an out in year 3. Dak gets starting QB money. Cowboys get a shot at getting him better offensive coaching. 

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

Historically he has not had a sack or fumble issue. People get hit alot when they have a crappy OL. When you are getting hit at twice the clip as any point in his history, you are likely to have more fumbles. 

His lack of pocket awareness has been exposed. That’s why he struggles. And now that teams have tape on his weaknesses, they adjust to it. You know that. Stop acting as if it’s something more than that. He is not a capable QB, and every team in the league knows it.

4 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

His lack of pocket awareness has been exposed. That’s why he struggles. And now that teams have tape on his weaknesses, they adjust to it. You know that. Stop acting as if it’s something more than that. He is not a capable QB, and every team in the league knows it.

No, I disagree with your opinion. I think if Dak was on the open market, he would be snapped up within a day. 

I do think he needs to work on his pocket presence. But every single report I have seen has the amount of sacks blamed on Dak between 15% - 30%. Which means even if you believe the high end (30%), he is still getting sacked more than any other year of his career. 

I offered to buy you the all 22 to gain a more educated perspective. 

15 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

No, I disagree with your opinion. I think if Dak was on the open market, he would be snapped up within a day. 

I do think he needs to work on his pocket presence. But every single report I have seen has the amount of sacks blamed on Dak between 15% - 30%. Which means even if you believe the high end (30%), he is still getting sacked more than any other year of his career. 

I offered to buy you the all 22 to gain a more educated perspective. 

So, the opinions of Troy Aikman, Tony Romo, Mike Mayock, Colin Cowherd, Jason Whitlock, Greg Cosell, numerous analysts and former players on the NFL Network, Fox Sports, and ESPN, who all say that Quincy is far more the problem due to his poor mechanics, lack of pocket awareness, and general inability as a QB rather than the o-line are all wrong? Sure.

Sorry bud, but you’re dead wrong on this one. Quincy is literally holding the team back, coupled with the horrible coaching from Garrett and Linehan. But you can’t say that he’s only 15% of the problem. He’s more like 75% of it.

1 minute ago, plan9misfit said:

So, the opinions of Troy Aikman, Tony Romo, Mike Mayock, Colin Cowherd, Jason Whitlock, Greg Cosell, numerous analysts and former players on the NFL Network, Fox Sports, and ESPN, who all say that Quincy is far more the problem due to his poor mechanics, lack of pocket awareness, and general inability as a QB rather than the o-line are all wrong? Sure.

Sorry bud, but you’re dead wrong on this one. Quincy is literally holding the team back, coupled with the horrible coaching from Garrett and Linehan. But you can’t say that he’s only 15% of the problem. He’s more like 75% of it.

Talking heads are there to generate ratings. Virtually none of them are there educate you. They say tired cliches and dumbed down analysis for the lowest common denominator. You have to actually look at film, or the people who break down all 22 with game analytics to have an educated opinion. 

Otherwise you are just a blind hater, Clayton.

As I said, even at the highend its 30% his fault. And that was an article by 3 former scouts who went through every sack he has had this season.

2 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Going to be a lot of disappointed people when Dallas signs Dak to 8yrs/$210m. 

Not saying I love it, but the handwriting is on the wall. It's going to happen.

Don't speak it! Are you a sadist?

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

Talking heads are there to generate ratings. Virtually none of them are there educate you. They say tired cliches and dumbed down analysis for the lowest common denominator. You have to actually look at film, or the people who break down all 22 with game analytics to have an educated opinion. 

Otherwise you are just a blind hater, Clayton.

As I said, even at the highend its 30% his fault. And that was an article by 3 former scouts who went through every sack he has had this season.

Uh, guys like Cosell and Mayock break down the film and talk to how a play or player succeeds or fails, and they’re making the same assertions. This isn’t “blind hate”. Nope. It’s fact. Quincy just isn’t very good. He doesn’t have the ability to be even a middle-of-the-pack QB. His ceiling is a third tier QB, not Alex Smith. Alex Smith is physically limited, but he possesses decent pocket awareness. His lack of arm strength forces the checkdowns, not an inability to diagnose the play and throw a WR open, like Quincy fails at. He literally CAN’T make those throws. He can barely complete passes 6 yards down field.

Archived