Dak - Grown Man

textaz03

27 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

I would definitely say 3 is on them. And 3 is way too much but those other 4 came from clean pockets and he just ran right where the defenders could get him.

Or just stood there waiting for a receiver to be wide open rather than either throw the ball away or try to throw the receiver open.

11 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

I would definitely say 3 is on them. And 3 is way too much but those other 4 came from clean pockets and he just ran right where the defenders could get him.

From what I can remember all of those sacks happened with a 3 step drop. Dak looks much more comfortable when he goes 7 steps. 

4 minutes ago, MightyMouse07 said:

Still can't believe he missed Gallup. You HAVE to make that play if you want to be a starting QB in the NFL. 

Yep. Frustrating miss. But, I'll take it if the trade off is cleaning up the fumbles. The accuracy issues have gone away for the most part, the fumbles are way more disturbing. 

Just now, WizardHawk said:

Yep. Frustrating miss. But, I'll take it if the trade off is cleaning up the fumbles. The accuracy issues have gone away for the most part, the fumbles are way more disturbing. 

I haven't watched a lot of him this year because I have successfully avoiding the shipwreck that was Dallas offense, but he needs to run the ball more. More designed runs for Dak. He is more comfortable with that. He is just hanging in the pocket too much. Let him get a little deeper in his drop and then take off more. He can be a Cam like runner honestly. 

Dak needs to protect the ball a lot better. He’s approaching the top 15 list in most fumbles by a QB in a single season. He currently has 11 funmbles trough 13 games. On pace to make 13  fumbles which puts him just outside the top 15 in NFL history (16)(7 way tie)

19 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Fumbles are fluky. For QBs at least. You rarely see a QB that fumbles consistently a lot. 

I'd agree. Last night was really bad and can't afford games like that typically, but he's not really that far out of the norm for a QB.   

8 hours ago, textaz03 said:

Dak needs to protect the ball a lot better. He’s approaching the top 15 list in most fumbles by a QB in a single season. He currently has 11 funmbles trough 13 games. On pace to make 13  fumbles which puts him just outside the top 15 in NFL history (16)(7 way tie)

I have to agree with you its on his shoulders with these fumbles, if you want to be considered a good talented team you have to clean up all these reckless plays and penalties because @ some point it's going to kill the momentum that this team is on right now. Also Prescott has to hit these wide open receivers Gallup this week and Brown last week those are valuable points that are left on the field. They need to get better in the red zone they go back to that vanilla style offense when they get there, way too predictive !

Dak has his flaws as it has been well discussed already but for me his biggest flaw is lack of accuracy down the field especially. This guy has nowhere near the accuracy of Aikman or even Romo down the field. Geez i remember reading stories how coaches used to be shocked when Troy missed a guy in practice. Not so the case with Dak. I really do believe Dak is just a better version of Tebow as Plan 9 said when Dak was drafted. If Jerry pays this guy over 100 million dollars he is crazy and will regret it big time. Unfortunately i don't think Dak is the future at QB for the Cowboys but right now there stuck with him.

On 11/30/2018 at 12:34 AM, plan9misfit said:

Or just stood there waiting for a receiver to be wide open rather than either throw the ball away or try to throw the receiver open.

Dak can’t make timing throws. When he tries it’s usually  to high or at the receivers feet. Man I don’t how many people saw Troy Aikman play here but he could put on a clinic of timing and percission throws. I love it when people bring up daks completion percentage to try to make there point about being a accurate qb. Millennial 101 argument. 

3 minutes ago, cromagnum said:

Dak can’t make timing throws. When he tries it’s usually  to high or at the receivers feet. Man I don’t how many people saw Troy Aikman play here but he could put on a clinic of timing and percission throws. I love it when people bring up daks completion percentage to try to make there point about being a accurate qb. Millennial 101 argument. 

Exactly. Completing 4 yard dumpoffs will make the completion percentage look nice, but Quincy can’t make real NFL throws, so he rarely attempts them. As an example, in one of our games this year, Quincy attempted zero passes beyond 10 yards. Z-E-R-O.

24 minutes ago, cromagnum said:

Go back and watch the last game. Dak had plenty of timing throws with Cooper. A couple outs, an in route. 

I watched Aikman. I watched him stand in the pocket and take a bunch of sacks. I saw him throw a ton of INTs. I saw him often throw for under 200 yards. If Aikman was our QB today, you would call him a statute that takes to long to throw the ball. 

But, when Aikman was on point (often the biggest games/playoffs), the dude was deadly accurate. 

Archived