Dak - Grown Man

textaz03

I'm torn on Dak.

He does so many things well. He has heart, tough as nails, good leadership on and off the field.

But some times he does pull a few head scratchers. All with in the same drive he'll make a nice pass on target, then throw one in the dirt no where close to being catchable, or hang on to the ball to long, then run for 13 yards and a first down.

Got some rough edges that could be polished up. Just not sure on the coaching staff has it in them to do it.

24 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

There is literally not a single person on the face of the earth that believes this ridiculous rhetoric.

You are just a blind hater, Clayton. 

I love it. The evidence is shown every week on the field when he misses wide open throws multiple times a game. Analysts mention it. The guys calling the games mention it. Fans mention it. Radio and sports talk guys on TV mention it. Yet, it’s “rhetoric” and “blind hate”. 

I think your new name should be ostrich for the volume of time you spend with your head in the sand.

154eu5y.jpg

1 minute ago, plan9misfit said:

I love it. The evidence is shown every week on the field when he misses wide open throws multiple times a game. Analysts mention it. The guys calling the games mention it. Fans mention it. Radio and sports talk guys on TV mention it. Yet, it’s “rhetoric” and “blind hate”. 

I think your new name should be ostrich for the volume of time you spend with your head in the sand.

154eu5y.jpg

They mention his mistakes. They also mention all the good things he does. You only hear half of it. You did the same thing with Romo.

And aside from that, you are smart enough to know this:

1. ALL analyst dont watch the all 22 from every game every week.

2. ALL analyst dont watch every game from every team.

3. NO gameday announcer knows the how the play was designed and the progressions.

4. Most analyst only watch highlights from a game. 

5. Most analyst say the same thing from channel to channel. The most viewed ones are Skip on Fox and Stephen A on ESPN. They are morons.

6. Most fans are football dumb

7. Even the more dedicated ones cant break down a play and assign blame worth a damn

8. Much like anything, politics, news, entertainment, if you want to know what is actually happening, you have to dig in and study it. 

Turning on NFL Network for half hour before you go to bed makes you understand football about as much as turning on the local news teaches you about foreign policy.  

If you think he’s worth that much money and is that capable, let’s measure him against the starting QBs for every other NFL team, shall we?

Jimmy Garoppolo - No

Josh Rosen (Rookie) - Yes

Russell Wilson - No

Jared Goff - No

Phillip Rivers - No

Derek Carr - No

Patrick Mahomes - No

Case Keenum - Yes

Aaron Rodgers - No

Matthew Stafford - No

Mitch Trubisky - Even

Kirk Cousins - No

Ben Roethlisberger - No

Joe Flacco - Yes

Andy Dalton - No

Baker Mayfield (Rookie) - No

Drew Brees - No

Matt Ryan - No

Cam Newton - No

Jameis Winston/Ryan Fitzpatrick - Yes to both

Andrew Luck - No

Marcus Mariota - No 

Deshaun Watson - No

Blake Bortles - Yes

Eli Manning - Even

Alex Smith - No

Carson Wentz - No

Tom Brady - No

Ryan Tannehill - No

Sam Darnold (Rookie) - Yes

Josh Allen (Rookie) - Yes

Of that list, he’s better than 7 other QBs, which places him in the bottom 1/4 of the league. Sorry, but that’s not good enough, especially considering three of the players whom he’s better than are rookies.

8 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

If you think he’s worth that much money and is that capable, let’s measure him against the starting QBs for every other NFL team, shall we?

Jimmy Garoppolo - No

Josh Rosen (Rookie) - Yes

Russell Wilson - No

Jared Goff - No

Phillip Rivers - No

Derek Carr - No

Patrick Mahomes - No

Case Keenum - Yes

Aaron Rodgers - No

Matthew Stafford - No

Mitch Trubisky - Even

Kirk Cousins - No

Ben Roethlisberger - No

Joe Flacco - Yes

Andy Dalton - No

Baker Mayfield (Rookie) - No

Drew Brees - No

Matt Ryan - No

Cam Newton - No

Jameis Winston/Ryan Fitzpatrick - Yes to both

Andrew Luck - No

Marcus Mariota - No 

Deshaun Watson - No

Blake Bortles - Yes

Eli Manning - Even

Alex Smith - No

Carson Wentz - No

Tom Brady - No

Ryan Tannehill - No

Sam Darnold (Rookie) - Yes

Josh Allen (Rookie) - Yes

Of that list, he’s better than 7 other QBs, which places him in the bottom 1/4 of the league. Sorry, but that’s not good enough, especially considering three of the players whom he’s better than are rookies.

If you are taking age into consideration (as it will be a 5 year contract), I think this is a terrible list. If you are taking just this season, I would say I still disagree with you on several of these.

Trubisky is better than Dak.  Didn't he throw for 6 TDs the other week?

At this point, it's more click bait to call Dak a top 3 QB(or say he should be paid like it), than to say he is an average QB. @plan9misfit only scratched the surface of analyst who have called out Dak. Which is why you often hear people saying things like, "I may be the only one.." or "I'm probably the last guy on Dak island..." before they talk. Most people think Dak is replacement level.

3 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Most people think Dak is replacement level.

No they dont. Self fulfilling prophecy. You dont like Dak, you only see and hear people that dont like Dak. 

This morning alone I watched no less than 5 people on Fox talk about how well Dak is playing. I watch GMFB every morning, they call Dak an "exceptional QB". Ive read countless articles that praise Dak. Hell, the Eagles forum on this site make fun of us because they believe "Dak is good enough that you have to pay him, but he isnt good enough to win alone". 

9 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

No they dont. Self fulfilling prophecy. You dont like Dak, you only see and hear people that dont like Dak. 

This morning alone I watched no less than 5 people on Fox talk about how well Dak is playing. I watch GMFB every morning, they call Dak an "exceptional QB". Ive read countless articles that praise Dak. Hell, the Eagles forum on this site make fun of us because they believe "Dak is good enough that you have to pay him, but he isnt good enough to win alone". 

My standards are a bit higher I guess. 

Lets go ahead and give the haters a reality check:

Aikman on Dak:

“I like him, I love him, for that matter,” said Aikman. “I love the intangibles that he brings. Is that in-and-of itself enough? No, but it’s such a big part of it. We’ve seen a lot of really talented guys that have come through this league that have lacked in a lot of those areas and they’ve really flamed out.

“I’ve been a big fan of Dak’s since the day I first met him and he’s done nothing to change my opinion of him. I think he works exceptionally hard. I think it’s important to him. I think his teammates love playing for him.

Romo on Dak:

“This is Dak’s best play of the day, and he’s had a lot of good ones,” Romo said. “Dak hangs in that pocket, and throws it at the last second. Those are the kind of plays that separate you.”

Mayock on Dak:

"When you look at Dak Prescott, he was a smart kid. His offense at Mississippi State did some intermediate and deep throws. It wasn't just all tunnels and whatever. And he didn't turn the football over, which was really key to me. Even though his front was overwhelmed a bunch, he didn't turn the ball over, which was reflected this year with four interceptions and four fumbles lost. Eight total turnovers for a rookie quarterback is crazy."

Cowerd on Dak:

I dont understand the negativity towards Dak:

Jason Whitlock compares Dak to Rocky:

^^^^ Thats a strecth, but the only other thing I could find is he said Wentz is better. Which isnt a debate. 

I cant find anything relevant from Cosell about Dak. 

Here are some more:

Credit much of Prescott’s apparent calm and cool confidence to the overall vibe of a Cowboys team riding a four-game winning streak as their critical December run begins.

Despite being sacked two more times than this time last season, Prescott is actually playing really well. Lately, the Cowboys have been severely handicapped on the left side of the line again but it’s not nearly as damaging. Against the Saints, Dak was practically Chaz Green’d” again by left guard Xavier Su’a-Filo:

“He’s resilient,” Cooper said. “He never gets down on himself. He never gets down on the team. He is always believing we can go out there and overcome any circumstance and you need that, especially in a quarterback. That is something I really admire.”

Looking for NFL quarterback comparisons, his numbers and win percentages heading to the end of his third year as a starter compare favorably to the recent years of Washington Redskins quarterback Alex Smith, who is also represented by CAA

Staubach: "I've been from day one, just watching him play, I've been a Dak fan.. That team believes in him. And as a quarterback, when something goes wrong, you don't see him complaining or blaming everyone else. He'll make a bad play every now and then like we all did. And he makes up for it. He makes some big plays. He can move, he can run. With Cooper, I think you'll see a lot more downfield throws. But he's got the capability to make any kind of pass on the field. I just see a long term great quarterback getting better and better every year."

Archived