Dak - Grown Man

textaz03

43 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

With this defense, this RB, and this OL, how many other QBs could have managed 2 out of 3?

You don't think we could ask a vet QB to come in here and play patty cake dump off like Dak? But do it a smidge more accurately at a fraction of this impending contract?

Obviously there are a lot of QBs who could have. But, lots who couldn't have too, no? 

Which vet QB ? You want cheaper and a smidge more accurate ... have you seen the list of FA vets? Who is it?  Tyrod Taylor?  Tannehill isn't going to be cheap? You want to take a stab a Fitz Magic?  You want to give up another high draft pick for someone ?

5 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Obviously there are a lot of QBs who could have. But, lots who couldn't have too, no? 

Which vet QB ? You want cheaper and a smidge more accurate ... have you seen the list of FA vets? Who is it?  Tyrod Taylor?  Tannehill isn't going to be cheap? You want to take a stab a Fitz Magic?  You want to give up another high draft pick for someone ?

Shhh he's on his roll.

3 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Yes...?

You don't think Fitzmagic can make these throws?

Don't ask him to do what he did with the Jets, dont ask him to throw for 600 yards like the Bucs. Just drive the bus. For $4M. Give it to Zeke.

Have any of the QBs you mentioned ever had the talent around them that Dak has had?

Guess, I prefer to gamble on 25yo Dak than 37yo Fitz.  Fitz has had 15 yrs to do something besides be great for 4 games a season. 

23 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Do you think Tyrod Taylor could hold the Saints to 10 points like Dak did?

Yes I do. 

18 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Do you think Flacco is able to complete the slant to Amari on Thanksgiving where Dak made the CB fall down?

Have you followed what Flacco has done the past few seasons?  

20 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Would a vet FA QB be able to return the fumble for a TD against the Bucs like Dak did?

15 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

How many other QBs are able to hold Matt Ryan to under 300 yards passing and 19 points?

Let's hope KR and/or RM are even in Dallas next season. 

Basically, DAK has another year to show us what he can do. I don't think he can improve on his accuracy; HOWEVER, I think he can improve on his anticipation; pocket awareness and mobility. So let's hope he gets a new OC in 2019 and QB coach. 

19 minutes ago, atran35 said:

Basically, DAK has another year to show us what he can do. I don't think he can improve on his accuracy; HOWEVER, I think he can improve on his anticipation; pocket awareness and mobility. So let's hope he gets a new OC in 2019 and QB coach. 

See, I was kinda under the impression the team wanted to get a deal done with him in the off season:

"Yeah, you know at that position, it kind of is what it is," EVP Stephen Jones said Wednesday, via the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. "You kind of, when the time comes, [expect to pay him]. I know Dak is going to have a good year this year. I hope it's up there. It's going to be as he deserves. He was a fourth-round pick. No one deserves to get paid fairly more than he does."

"We all see what some of the other guys are who aren't Aaron Rodgers, who aren't Matt Ryan [are getting paid]," Jones said. "He's going to do well. We certainly know that's going to happen. We've got that planned in our budgeting for the salary cap.

"I just want Dak to go out and be MVP this year of the NFL. That's what I want. Then, we'll deal with that."

That language leads me to believe they wanted to talk money at the end of this year.

Archived