My updated mock draft:

Rd1: Brian Burns OLB

Rd2: Chris Lidstrom OG

Rd3: L.J. Collier DE

Rd4: Jachai Polite OLB

Rd5: Blake Cashman MLB

Rd6: To be determined

Rd7: To be determined

love the first 3 picks.. hell I like polite in the 4th also, but I think they will address a skill position early.. 

Just for fun, who would y’all target if JRob implemented the same strategy he did last year? Basically, trading up in Round 1 and trading up in Round 2?

My selections would be:

Rd1: Ed Oliver

Rd2: Garrett Bradbury

honestly would give the draft grade of A+ if we only drafted these two players haha

2 minutes ago, Mariota615TN said:

Just for fun, who would y’all target if JRob implemented the same strategy he did last year? Basically, trading up in Round 1 and trading up in Round 2?

My selections would be:

honestly would give the draft grade of A+ if we only drafted these two players haha

mane for real for real, the earliest I would target a skill position would be round 2. the more I analyze this draft, the more I feel like all the WR's are second round prospects. 2nd round/3rd round is where I would go. 2nd if you want to have an early impact type guy. dont really want us to trade up much. we need to keep our picks this year after only bringing in 3 guys last year that stuck on the roster.

On 4/5/2019 at 11:54 PM, Mariota615TN said:

Man, I really was not feeling Brian Burns a few weeks back, but now he’s really growing on me. I think there’s a great chance he’s our pick at 19. If old man Wake can show him some pass rush moves, he could be a stud in 2-3 years

Brian burns is legit. long, lanky, with good speed. only 20 years old also.. def wouldn't be mad if we selected him

3 minutes ago, Mariota615TN said:

My selections would be:

I think there's almost no chance Bradberry falls to the second.  He seems to be the consensus top interior offensive lineman, especially if you don't include the guys that might play tackle.  We'd have to trade future picks plus the rest of our draft to get back into round 1.  Hell, he might be gone by 19.

More realistic on might be Lindstrom in Round 2, but I would not be a fan of this strategy at all.  The class is deep in three positions of need (OL, DL, Edge).  We should maximize the talent we get from deep classes.

1 hour ago, Mariota615TN said:

Who’s your draft crush skill position wise??? Who would you predict we might take?

I like Emanuel Hall really well.  He's a Nashville native, and probably available on Day 3.

Also really like the idea of taking Rodney Anderson or Bryce Love at the end.  Henry is at the end of his contract soon, and it'd be good to see if, by season's end, we could replace him without spending a ton.

For tight ends, I have a current draft crush on Jace Sternberger, but I think he's picking up steam and won't go as late as I was hoping.

There’s definitely a chance Bradbury falls. He’s a good player but he is scheme limited. Definitely shouldn’t be playing in a man scheme. He’s a good player but I’d take Lindstrom before him. Someone who has played RG and RT. His future is RG but he can play in any scheme and can play with a good anchor.  Won’t see him get overpowered very often. Having said that, I really don’t see this team taking an interior high at all. Robinson has put a ton of resources into the OL already with Conklin, Lewan extension, signing Jones, and now the signing of Saffold. That’s a lot of money so I expect them to draft an interior guy in the mid rounds to compete with Pamphile at RG. They need to start investing in other positions like edge, DL, and possibly even CB. Honestly I wouldn’t be surprised if CB isn’t a dark horse pick in the first 3 rounds. Ryan is coming off an injury and a FA after this upcoming season and Butler is way overpaid for his value.  Plus Adoree has been way too up and down. Still looking for a true #1 CB if we’re being honest because no one on this team can cover Hopkins or Hilton. Not saying we’ll take a CB at 19 but it certainly wouldn’t shock me.

1 hour ago, ttitansfan4life said:

There’s definitely a chance Bradbury falls. He’s a good player but he is scheme limited. Definitely shouldn’t be playing in a man scheme. He’s a good player but I’d take Lindstrom before him. Someone who has played RG and RT. His future is RG but he can play in any scheme and can play with a good anchor.  Won’t see him get overpowered very often. Having said that, I really don’t see this team taking an interior high at all. Robinson has put a ton of resources into the OL already with Conklin, Lewan extension, signing Jones, and now the signing of Saffold. That’s a lot of money so I expect them to draft an interior guy in the mid rounds to compete with Pamphile at RG. They need to start investing in other positions like edge, DL, and possibly even CB. Honestly I wouldn’t be surprised if CB isn’t a dark horse pick in the first 3 rounds. Ryan is coming off an injury and a FA after this upcoming season and Butler is way overpaid for his value.  Plus Adoree has been way too up and down. Still looking for a true #1 CB if we’re being honest because no one on this team can cover Hopkins or Hilton. Not saying we’ll take a CB at 19 but it certainly wouldn’t shock me.

I feel you on the cb opinion but I disagree. we need to look into a replacement for Logan, but be patient with Butler. He was one fo the best corners in the league after bout week 8. he needs to put it together for a whole season, no doubt tho. as for adoree, this year is big. lets see if he makes the year 3 jump. he has been quite consistent to me tho over his first two years. solid guy overall and flashes shut down potential. he is the one who we dont really know how good he will be. the other two are who they are and are pretty good. we might have the best 3 corners in football as far as tandem go.

39 minutes ago, Airness McNairness said:

I feel you on the cb opinion but I disagree. we need to look into a replacement for Logan, but be patient with Butler. He was one fo the best corners in the league after bout week 8. he needs to put it together for a whole season, no doubt tho. as for adoree, this year is big. lets see if he makes the year 3 jump. he has been quite consistent to me tho over his first two years. solid guy overall and flashes shut down potential. he is the one who we dont really know how good he will be. the other two are who they are and are pretty good. we might have the best 3 corners in football as far as tandem go.

So you’d keep Butler over Ryan? Ryan was one of the top 5 players on the defense last year and the main reason Butler started playing towards the end of the year was because of some of the QBs we started facing. For what he’s making, he should be a #1 CB but he’s not even close to that.

2 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

So you’d keep Butler over Ryan? Ryan was one of the top 5 players on the defense last year and the main reason Butler started playing towards the end of the year was because of some of the QBs we started facing. For what he’s making, he should be a #1 CB but he’s not even close to that.

Ryan is coming off of an injury and is in the last year of his contract, which is why he's saying we need to look for a replacement.  Once we extend Mariota and Byard, we're going to have to be really careful with cap space.

Butler was a consistently great corner outside of the first half of last season.  It's premature to write him off already, especially if you remember, his contract was considered a big win in free agency for the Titans.

16 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Ryan is coming off of an injury and is in the last year of his contract, which is why he's saying we need to look for a replacement.  Once we extend Mariota and Byard, we're going to have to be really careful with cap space.

Butler was a consistently great corner outside of the first half of last season.  It's premature to write him off already, especially if you remember, his contract was considered a big win in free agency for the Titans.

No the hell he wasn’t. The dude hasn’t been good in a few years. He played better down the stretch last season but that means nothing when he had the luxury of facing the likes of Josh Johnson and Mosh McCown. Also who in the hell said signing him was a big win? That contract is a flat out joke. Obviously Ryan is in the last year of his contract and is coming off an injury(I already mentioned that) but he’s still a better player than Butler and needs to be resigned. Butler can get his *** released before we just let Ryan walk out the door. Also Byard is getting his deal but let’s slow down on Mariota because he has a ways to go before he deserves anything long term. 

Archived