2019 NFL Draft/College Thread

ttitansfan4life

1 hour ago, 615finest said:

The 3 cone is alarming but the only reason it doesn’t bother me that much is because if we play to his strengths the 3 cone won’t be an issue. Routes like slants, post, curls, goes, etc don’t require that much lateral ability. He can defeat the jam. Use him like Calvin Johnson, Calvin didn’t run an extensive route tree but he dominated. Calvin didn’t even participate in the 3 cone so it’s possible his time was slow as well. But like I said its definitely other WRs I’d take over him but if used right I believe he can succeed in the league. If we took him I wouldn’t be excited or mad just because this is a defensive draft all around.

Calvin could run the route tree though, I remember watching his highlights on NFL too 100 the year he had 1900 plus receiving yards & Steve Smith was saying the thing that impressed him more about Calvin is he could run routes like a small receiver he could sink his hips plant & cut 

Metcalf caught 26 passes last year... On a team that averaged 365 passing yards per game. He totalled 67/1228/14 in 3 seasons, on teams that averaged over 300 passing yards per he each of those seasons (about 330 per game).

Where's the production? Why would anyone expect that straighlime speed to suddenly transform him against increased competition? 

Maybe it has to do that he's easy to defend since he can only do 1 or two things. 

Even during his best season, he averaged just over 3 catches per game, had a catch rate under 50%, and had an under 17% target share. What kinda production jump can we really expect? 

p8gX96.gif

Qn155Y.gif

And of course, there always this (I'll share this 100 times if I can) 

hanf03vmhkk21.jpg

18 minutes ago, Mariota615TN said:

Metcalf has BUST written all over him. Gosh I hope JROB stands clear.

Deebo Samuel or AJ Brown are my top 2 choices.

Parris Campbell & Marquise Brown are my top 2 choices.  Both have what this offense is missing, speed & serious yac capability in space

28 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Metcalf caught 26 passes last year... On a team that averaged 365 passing yards per game. He totalled 67/1228/14 in 3 seasons, on teams that averaged over 300 passing yards per he each of those seasons (about 330 per game).

Where's the production? Why would anyone expect that straighlime speed to suddenly transform him against increased competition? 

Maybe it has to do that he's easy to defend since he can only do 1 or two things. 

Even during his best season, he averaged just over 3 catches per game, had a catch rate under 50%, and had an under 17% target share. What kinda production jump can we really expect? 

p8gX96.gif

Qn155Y.gif

And of course, there always this (I'll share this 100 times if I can) 

hanf03vmhkk21.jpg

Exactly he’s what you call fools gold, he’s overrated because he looks like a freak & is insanely fast running in a straight line, but he’s not explosive coming out of breaks, not twitchy, or agile he’s stiff. Honestly I wouldn’t touch him unless he dropped to the 3rd round & we address pass rusher & OL 🤷🏽‍♂️

3 hours ago, Mariota615TN said:

Also, just want to say, Montez Sweat being there at 19 is not unrealistic at all. JROB will have a tough decision to make with possibly Wilkins, Sweat, and Burns on the board at 19. And, the last thing I want is the Colts grabbing 1 of these 3 guys.

If he falls just a little from the heart thing, definitely not unrealistic.  I would discount Burns from that discussion, but a choice between Sweat and Wilkins would be tough indeed.  I'd be psyched to have either one on the team.

1 hour ago, Mariota615TN said:

Metcalf has BUST written all over him. Gosh I hope JROB stands clear.

Deebo Samuel or AJ Brown are my top 2 choices.

I didn't realize we were mind melding.  N'Keal Harry your number 3?

I'm glad to see all the Metcalf hate here.  Seems like the rest of the forum is drinking the Kool-Aid on him.

12 hours ago, TitanRedd said:

Calvin could run the route tree though, I remember watching his highlights on NFL too 100 the year he had 1900 plus receiving yards & Steve Smith was saying the thing that impressed him more about Calvin is he could run routes like a small receiver he could sink his hips plant & cut 

Oh yea I loved Megatron, I was just using him for the 3 cone, size/speed argument.. Id personally choose AJ or N’keal over him, But a one trick pony can do damage in the NFL.

2 hours ago, Daniel said:

If he falls just a little from the heart thing, definitely not unrealistic.  I would discount Burns from that discussion, but a choice between Sweat and Wilkins would be tough indeed.  I'd be psyched to have either one on the team.

I didn't realize we were mind melding.  N'Keal Harry your number 3?

I'm glad to see all the Metcalf hate here.  Seems like the rest of the forum is drinking the Kool-Aid on him.

I like Harry but to me he’s a possession receiver, we have that in Davis & Tajae. We need explosive guys that can stretch the field vertically & horizontally & be a mismatch in space. 

51 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

I like Harry but to me he’s a possession receiver, we have that in Davis & Tajae. We need explosive guys that can stretch the field vertically & horizontally & be a mismatch in space. 

Oh I wasn't talking about as a fit for Tennessee, just position rankings in general.

For explosive guys, I'd think we're looking in an AJ Brown, Parris Campbell, Marquise Brown, or Deebo.  AJ Brown is the best of the bunch, and a true No. 1 receiver IMO, but he won't make it to round 2.  Marquise probably doesn't either.  Campbell and Samuel are probably the best we can hope for there.

45 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Oh I wasn't talking about as a fit for Tennessee, just position rankings in general.

For explosive guys, I'd think we're looking in an AJ Brown, Parris Campbell, Marquise Brown, or Deebo.  AJ Brown is the best of the bunch, and a true No. 1 receiver IMO, but he won't make it to round 2.  Marquise probably doesn't either.  Campbell and Samuel are probably the best we can hope for there.

AJ brown reminds me of Hakeem nicks I him & brown are the 2 best receivers in the draft my opinion 

As deep as this draft is, I would rather come away with 3 picks total than 6-7 picks. We need impact players if we are going to overtake the Colts. Let’s face it, they are going to “hit” on at least 2-3 of their many picks, and we better have a response. 

Archived