2019 NFL Draft/College Thread

ttitansfan4life

12 hours ago, TitanSS said:

What makes you say he would play on the edge?

12 hours ago, TitanSS said:

And i just don't think you give up two first round picks for non QBs or non Khalil Macks

There's plenty of sources where the Titans have now had 2 separate interactions with Oliver about him playing outside. Seeing his rec3nt numbers, it's easy to see why they would see him as a big OLB in their scheme (Smith and Clowney are 2 bigger OLB guys although both have a different build). 

I'm also one who would hate to give up a good pick to trade up. I'm usually driving the "trade-down" bus. The statistician in me likes the odds of hitting on good players the more chances I have. But I see that potential in Oliver... The Watt/Mack/Von/Donald DPOY potential. He's got the motor, the skill set, and the personality to be one of the best 5 defensive players in all of football. I like/love Wilkins too, but Oliver is just a different type of player. 

The way I see it I’m starting to believe that TE May be a possibility  in round 1, reason I say that, is because remember every mock draft had us taking Lattimore at 5 & we went Corey Davis. My opinion if Oliver Wilkins, or another DL who the Titans value high isn’t available at 19 I think Robinson going to lean toward the offensive side of the ball & get Mariota much needed help in a pivotal contract year.

7 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

The way I see it I’m starting to believe that TE May be a possibility  in round 1, reason I say that, is because remember every mock draft had us taking Lattimore at 5 & we went Corey Davis. My opinion if Oliver Wilkins, or another DL who the Titans value high isn’t available at 19 I think Robinson going to lean toward the offensive side of the ball & get Mariota much needed help in a pivotal contract year.

My only issue with that is that it only helps in his contract year if we run a lot of 2 TE sets or if Delanie gets hurt again. 

38 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

I wouldn't be opposed to a tight end if they were the best player available.  Hockenson falls in our lap, take him.  Get defense after and ignore WR.

Hockenson aside, I doubt it makes sense to take one that early, and the class seems top heavy and not very deep to me.

30 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I wouldn't be opposed to a tight end if they were the best player available.  Hockenson falls in our lap, take him.  Get defense after and ignore WR.

Hockenson aside, I doubt it makes sense to take one that early, and the class seems top heavy and not very deep to me.

I love Hockensen he reminds me of Jason Witten when I watch him 

9 hours ago, ragevsuall17 said:

There's plenty of sources where the Titans have now had 2 separate interactions with Oliver about him playing outside. Seeing his rec3nt numbers, it's easy to see why they would see him as a big OLB in their scheme (Smith and Clowney are 2 bigger OLB guys although both have a different build). 

I'm also one who would hate to give up a good pick to trade up. I'm usually driving the "trade-down" bus. The statistician in me likes the odds of hitting on good players the more chances I have. But I see that potential in Oliver... The Watt/Mack/Von/Donald DPOY potential. He's got the motor, the skill set, and the personality to be one of the best 5 defensive players in all of football. I like/love Wilkins too, but Oliver is just a different type of player.

I was just genuinely asking. I haven't been in the loop on any of the goings on lately.

To me he seems like he's closer to Aaron Donald in terms of size/speed than a big OLB. He doesn't have the length that is sought after outside.

I suppose he could play edge in base and move inside often. Could be an interesting piece. Oh well, the Titans know more than I do, I am just wary of high investments on players playing a different position. 

I love Oliver as a prospect but in no way can we trade a future 1st to move up to get him. We have a ton of important FAs coming up so we need as many picks as possible. Very likely could be looking for a QB next year so finding one without a 1st round pick will be impossible. This team currently has 6 picks in this draft so I definitely feel a trade back in this draft to pick up another pick or 2.

4 hours ago, TitanSS said:

To me he seems like he's closer to Aaron Donald in terms of size/speed than a big OLB. He doesn't have the length that is sought after outside.

I hate to use that name, but thats exactly the comparison I see. He's got a similar make up. 

I'm trying to make sense of the Titans interest in him at OLB, although it could just be to see if he's got that type of athleticism. It seems he does, but his best spot still would be on the line opposite Casey (or next to in an over front). 

Ultimately I think he goes between 5-10...and I'm my expecting him to be gone closer to 5 than 10. Because of that type of jump, it would take a lot of capital for the Titans to trade up... Probably too rich for JRob. I know I'm in the minority in that I'd pull the trigger. I like him that much... One of my favorite prospects in a long time. 

I'm assuming that they asked that in the context of moving him around.  I seriously doubt they would put him playing OLB even half the time.

I'm expecting some of the higher value positions to push up and make him go close to the 10th pick.  No way we can afford to move up that far.  I just hope that Christian Wilkins lasts that long on the board before he gets to us.

Burns won't last til round 2, at least not to our pick.  If we take a pass rusher there, the best we're likely to do is the 8th or 9th pass rushers.  On my big board, that's Polite and Winovich.  And that's if we're lucky.  It's hard for me to imagine either of them being a better value than the WRs or OL guys that will be available there.  I liked Polite at the end of the season, but boy has he done about all he can to tank his stock.

Also, I'm thinking the best pick we're gonna have at 19 will be Ferrell.  Wilkins will be gone, as will Gary.

Plus, the interior D-line talent that looks to be sticking around in the back half of the second round looks much more promising than the pass rushers.  Someone like Zach Allen or at least Jerry Tillery could realistically be available there.

Given that, I'm tempering my hopes for 1. Clelin Ferrell, 2. Deebo Samuel, 3. Connor McGovern and some small school longshot DL guy in the fourth.

54 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

https://247sports.com/nfl/tennessee-titans/LongFormArticle/Tennessee-Titan-seven-round-mock-draft-CBS-Sports-130492731/#130492731_1

Pretty solid mock. I’m not the biggest Burns fan but this draft would be pretty damn good IMO. Hits all the needs and replaces that bum Stocker with a more versatile player in Wesco.

I saw that one.  I wouldn't hate it.  Getting N'Keal Harry in the second would be a great get, and I'm thinking Burns is actually going to be our best option at 19, unless they roll the dice on Simmons or they settle for a high end OL.  Wise would be aight, I guess.

Deiter and Weber would be decent Day 3 grabs too.

Archived