What do you want in a Head-Coach?

Texas_OutLaw7

Build your ideal Head Coach  

23 members have voted

1. 1. What TYPE of Head Coach do you like?

• X's & O's - Offense
    • X's & O's - Defensive
    • X's & O's - Special Teams
    • Motivator
    • Schemer
    • Other - Explain
  2. 2. What type of Experience does your HC Need?

• Up-and-Coming NFL Coordinator / Position Coach
    • Previous NFL Head Coach
    • College Head Coach
    • College Coordinator
    • New to Coaching (or Outside of Coaching)
    • Trade for a Big Name
    • Promote from Within

2 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

What did you think of his tenure at the Browns? And his stint with the Jets?

That if we found a coach that bombed out with two teams but manages to help us find the GOAT QB and leads us to like 10 dozen Super Bowls while winning over half of them then I don't give flying azz about his past failures. 

I mean hey even Romo was considered a crappy QB before he got drafted by us. 

9 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

That if we found a coach that bombed out with two teams but manages to help us find the GOAT QB and leads us to like 10 dozen Super Bowls while winning over half of them then I don't give flying azz about his past failures. 

I mean hey even Romo was considered a crappy QB before he got drafted by us. 

lol

My fault for trying to have an actual conversation. I won't make that mistake again.

3 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

I can see how I came across like an a hole. Sorry. :$

Getting someone who failed elsewhere *is* interesting. Since, I think, that is part of Jerry's biggest fear with Redball. Sometimes you are too young. Or sometimes you just need the right situation. I think nothing would make him sicker than for Redball to fail here and be hired elsewhere and win a ring. At that point it would be both Sean Payton & Redball who won elsewhere.

Conversely, I don't know how much the Dallas faithful would be okay with someone who whiffed at their past job.

Mentioned this in the Dak thread, but last thing I want is a retread. There are so many great football minds out there - I'd hate for us to go out and hire John Fox or someone like that. Lincoln Riley or David Shaw I think are both future NFL HC's. I could live with Richard, and he needs to be retained one way or another IMO, either as DC or HC.

As for the type of coach - give me a schemer. I can't remember the last time I saw my team make adjustments at halftime and outcoach the other team.

I voted with a schemer who’s up and coming in the NFL. However I’m not opposed to college ranks coaches. 

But my idea coach is someone who schemes for every game. Is able to identify weaknesses in every opponent and can take advantage of those. A coach who can motivate and hold accountable  his his players/assistants is a bonus. 

Now, a coach needs to be able to select his own assistants, not the owner!!  They need to be the X’s and O’s Guys. Ones who can see their personnel and fit them accordingly. Ones who can adjust on the fly is a must!  Their playbooks need to be what we call in the military a “Living Document”. One that is always evolving and changing and has creativity. Not your standard hand me down from previous regimes. 

Those are are my criteria for our future coaches. 

3 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Getting someone who failed elsewhere *is* interesting. Since, I think, that is part of Jerry's biggest fear with Redball. Sometimes you are too young. Or sometimes you just need the right situation. I think nothing would make him sicker than for Redball to fail here and be hired elsewhere and win a ring. At that point it would be both Sean Payton & Redball who won elsewhere.

Conversely, I don't know how much the Dallas faithful would be okay with someone who whiffed at their past job.

I think the right person is the right person. Even if it's just for right now until we can get someone better.

People like Jim Schwartz could at the very least do everything Garrett is able to do and more considering he Rod and Richards could bounce ideas off eachother. And who knows maybe he turns into Billicheck. But for JG to have stuck around for this long. The only one to blame is Jerruh. Who has always and will always be the lynch pin for any and all decisions made. I mean for all the success we have drafting, for all the woes we have during the season. Anything good that comes to us has to please Jerry first before it's allowed to be done.

Just now, Calvert28 said:

If nothing else then just to see Philly burn to the ground the night after he leaves. I would love to have Pederson.

I think Richard "might" be a good head coach in this league. So we might have one already here. 

Archived