What do you want in a Head-Coach?

Texas_OutLaw7

Build your ideal Head Coach  

23 members have voted

1. 1. What TYPE of Head Coach do you like?

• X's & O's - Offense
    • X's & O's - Defensive
    • X's & O's - Special Teams
    • Motivator
    • Schemer
    • Other - Explain
  2. 2. What type of Experience does your HC Need?

• Up-and-Coming NFL Coordinator / Position Coach
    • Previous NFL Head Coach
    • College Head Coach
    • College Coordinator
    • New to Coaching (or Outside of Coaching)
    • Trade for a Big Name
    • Promote from Within

I would definitely lean offensively minded for the next head coach.

What I want more than anything is a coaching staff that doesn't get left in the dust. The top teams are constantly evolving, analytically focused, make great adjustments, and put their players in positions to succeed.

I actually think we've done a pretty great job with roster building, which is the biggest reason we have been competitive. Often times, the guys wearing the star have been more talented than the guys wearing the other logos, and it's led to a lot of wins. But when things go wrong, or players get injured, we can't adjust. It gets ugly.

I am very open to the idea of a Lincoln Riley. I also think a guy like Josh McDaniels could be a star at his next destination if he were willing to have less control over roster composition (could be a nice marriage with Will McClay). 

On 9/12/2018 at 12:48 PM, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I would definitely lean offensively minded for the next head coach.

What I want more than anything is a coaching staff that doesn't get left in the dust. The top teams are constantly evolving, analytically focused, make great adjustments, and put their players in positions to succeed.

I actually think we've done a pretty great job with roster building, which is the biggest reason we have been competitive. Often times, the guys wearing the star have been more talented than the guys wearing the other logos, and it's led to a lot of wins. But when things go wrong, or players get injured, we can't adjust. It gets ugly.

I am very open to the idea of a Lincoln Riley. I also think a guy like Josh McDaniels could be a star at his next destination if he were willing to have less control over roster composition (could be a nice marriage with Will McClay). 

IDK about McDaniels, let alone any coach from the Billicheat tree. None have succeeded to this date outside of the Patriots organization.  

Jerry needs to keep McClay at all costs. He has done an outstanding job of acquiring talent. Jerry might as well hand him the GM job, he’s pretty much doin that job already. 

On 9/14/2018 at 8:04 AM, textaz03 said:

IDK about McDaniels, let alone any coach from the Billicheat tree. None have succeeded to this date outside of the Patriots organization.  

Jerry needs to keep McClay at all costs. He has done an outstanding job of acquiring talent. Jerry might as well hand him the GM job, he’s pretty much doin that job already. 

No Tedford quarterback had succeeded before Aaron Rodgers, either.

I think it would be foolish to completely write off someone who is a very important and valued part of perhaps the greatest organization professional sports has ever seen, simply because some of his colleagues didn't work out elsewhere. There are so many other factors that determined their success, or lack thereof, after leaving New England.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, for me it’s either Richard or Riley at this point.  I think with Riley we will need to move on from Dak in favor of a more accurate QB.  With Richard, I think the defense is going to be very very good by the end of this year.  But if he can establish a Seattle type defense, we may be ok with Dak at QB if we have a strong run game to support him.  Either way, we will need an OC that will play Dak’s strengthens instead of forcing him into trying to be a pocket passer.

HC - Chris Peterson
The Boise St pipeline with a little twist. 

AHC/DC - Kris Richard 
Probably should be in mix for HC, but I want offensive mind and experience. I'm doing whatever it takes to convince him to stay though. 

OC - Jedd Fisch
Experienced OC/QB coach and current Rams Sr. Consultant.

Archived