Week 1 Thoughts

deeluxx3

I was only able to watch until the second suspension. I thought the O was so so.  Could have done a better job running the ball   Mostly it seemed that the got no rhythm due to the game being so disjointed and the injury to Walker upset their game plan going in and by the time they adjusted Marcus got hurt and had the two bone head plays.   Mostly we lost because we gave up two big plays late and  it didn’t help that the refs really stuck it two us on two calls that really effected the game.   The PF on Butler and the mess of the play that got Lewan hurt. 

I still am super upset at the NFL for the way they have handles the hits on Marcus and Lewan.    No comment really doesn’t cut it not when the league is doing all these new rules to protect the players. then you get the best player in the NFL at his position hurt and a franchise QB hurt all on questionable hits and the league says nothing about whether the hits were legal or not   And that Body Bag comment has no place in the NFL and too just ignore it is even worse the league need to say something about it like hey we really couldn’t tell what he said but yes if he clearly said body bag then that ain’t right. 

And let me guess the TItans will be heavily penalized should they be ultra aggressive with Branch in future games  against them.  Just the double standard that is the NFL and the Titans.  

8 hours ago, quiller said:

I was only able to watch until the second suspension. I thought the O was so so.  Could have done a better job running the ball   Mostly it seemed that the got no rhythm due to the game being so disjointed and the injury to Walker upset their game plan going in and by the time they adjusted Marcus got hurt and had the two bone head plays.   Mostly we lost because we gave up two big plays late and  it didn’t help that the refs really stuck it two us on two calls that really effected the game.   The PF on Butler and the mess of the play that got Lewan hurt. 

I still am super upset at the NFL for the way they have handles the hits on Marcus and Lewan.    No comment really doesn’t cut it not when the league is doing all these new rules to protect the players. then you get the best player in the NFL at his position hurt and a franchise QB hurt all on questionable hits and the league says nothing about whether the hits were legal or not   And that Body Bag comment has no place in the NFL and too just ignore it is even worse the league need to say something about it like hey we really couldn’t tell what he said but yes if he clearly said body bag then that ain’t right. 

And let me guess the TItans will be heavily penalized should they be ultra aggressive with Branch in future games  against them.  Just the double standard that is the NFL and the Titans.  

I firmly believe that if we ever play against Branch again, Taylor will be ejected. And just to be clear, he will deserve it.

10 hours ago, KingTitan said:

They didn't show him trying to tackle in the open field though haha. We need to make sure he's not in coverage often or hope that one play was just a fluke because it was bad.

Either way, a 6th round pick for a guy who has only been on the roster a couple weeks and saw a steady amount of snaps in week 1? Take it every time.

1 hour ago, TitanSS said:

They didn't show him trying to tackle in the open field though haha. We need to make sure he's not in coverage often or hope that one play was just a fluke because it was bad.

Either way, a 6th round pick for a guy who has only been on the roster a couple weeks and saw a steady amount of snaps in week 1? Take it every time.

Yeah, there is another breakdown of the defense that shows his whiffs. Hopefully that is just him having significant action. Hopefully he works it out.

Archived