GOTW  

39 members have voted

1. 1. What is the GOTW?

• #12 LSU @ #7 Auburn
    • #1 Alabama @ Ole Miss
    • #4 Ohio State @ #15 TCU
    • #22 USC @ Texas

3 minutes ago, JammerHammer21 said:

No idea what the hell Michigan is doing with its offense. So disappointing.

Got one hell of a lucky spot. At least they turned it into a TD, but this offensive line is just a mess. I trust Warinner, but something needs to happen with them.

i know a guy if you need one

2 minutes ago, JammerHammer21 said:

Got all these talented playmakers, and don't do anything with them. Just disappointing when you see creativity across college football (and even NFL teams are more creative at this point). 

Jim Harbaugh's O is like a NFL offense from last decade. 

Just now, JammerHammer21 said:

Got all these talented playmakers, and don't do anything with them. Just disappointing when you see creativity across college football (and even NFL teams are more creative at this point). 

Yup. I have to imagine this is largely the work of Pep Hamilton. Harbaugh had more creative offenses at Stanford and in San Francisco. Getting rid of Drevno was a good start, but Pep ain't it either. Should've fired Pep and hired John Morton tbh

Just now, IDOG_det said:

Yup. I have to imagine this is largely the work of Pep Hamilton. Harbaugh had more creative offenses at Stanford and in San Francisco. Getting rid of Drevno was a good start, but Pep ain't it either. Should've fired Pep and hired John Morton tbh

It's still Harbaugh's offense. Pep may be a problem, but the bigger problem would be not having a mind to challenge Jim or bring him new plays.

Just now, JammerHammer21 said:

It's still Harbaugh's offense. Pep may be a problem, but the bigger problem would be not having a mind to challenge Jim or bring him new plays.

I don't really buy that this is "Harbaugh's offense". The passing offense has clearly changed with the move from Jedd Fisch to Pep Hamilton. Those guys play a very significant role in the design of the offense and with play calling. 

12 minutes ago, IDOG_det said:

I don't really buy that this is "Harbaugh's offense". The passing offense has clearly changed with the move from Jedd Fisch to Pep Hamilton. Those guys play a very significant role in the design of the offense and with play calling. 

The insider take was that this is Harbaugh's offense and he's basically running the show. I had heard that part of the reason Jedd left was because of some headbutting between him and Drevno, and possibly some with Harbaugh. May be why Jim went back and got someone he's worked with in the past. Given the players Michigan should be bringing in if they hold onto guys like Giles Jackson, Eric Gray, etc., it would be nice to get a mind who knows how to utilize them. Michigan never uses Evans enough in the pass game. Ambry Thomas could be a potential playmaker, and they basically just run jet sweeps or fakes with him. And they've got at least four talented receivers right now, and they don't open the offense up.

I know it's SMU, and they've shown an aversion to putting stuff on tape, but players have to execute some of this stuff to do it later in the season. McElwain wasn't a terrible playcaller at Bama, and he said he just stays out of the way of playcalling. If they're going to pay Pep $1 million, he should have more input than just suggesting plays that Harbaugh may overrule. If Harbaugh doesn't trust him to do that, or doesn't want him to do that, what's the point?

Archived