GOTW  

39 members have voted

1. 1. What is the GOTW?

• #12 LSU @ #7 Auburn
    • #1 Alabama @ Ole Miss
    • #4 Ohio State @ #15 TCU
    • #22 USC @ Texas

2 hours ago, Adam21 said:

I think there has to be a middle ground between "mess" and "expectations of a Heisman contender". Because I believe that stat line for a half is neither of those. If that is a mess for 1/2 of play, what do you call this stat line for an entire game?

20/30, 227 passing yards, O TD, 1 INT, 5 rushes, -21 yards?

I would say that is also a mess if that's a big part of what is holding the offense back.

If a QB has time and isn't constantly pressured and is putting up a line like Haskins put up until the screen pass or like the one you posted for an entire game, that's a mess from the QB. Especially if the offense is stalling out and not scoring.

I don't really remember TCU getting after Haskins yesterday. I don't know if the line you posted is referring to an actual line or not but context is important. 

15 minutes ago, WeaponX said:

I would say that is also a mess if that's a big part of what is holding the offense back.

If a QB has time and isn't constantly pressured and is putting up a line like Haskins put up until the screen pass or like the one you posted for an entire game, that's a mess from the QB. Especially if the offense is stalling out and not scoring.

I don't really remember TCU getting after Haskins yesterday. I don't know if the line you posted is referring to an actual line or not but context is important. 

It's a QB from a different team that I just knew had a below average game and could look up quickly (I really should've found one of JT's bad games), but it really is irrelevant. I was just curious if you had another tier from "mess". You are correct in that Haskins and the OSU offense did not score. However, do the WR drops not play into that? One receiver had 4 drops himself in that span, and I believe a couple others had 1 each (I could be wrong on that part). Haskins was similar to a game manager in that part of the game, which we did need him to be that superstar with expectations. However, I do not think that is called a "mess". A mess would be if he were turning the ball over and not making accurate throws, neither of which happened.

16 hours ago, WeaponX said:

I don't really remember TCU getting after Haskins yesterday

Boy did you back yourself into a corner.....lol, if you actually watched the game, this was the most he's been hit all year, they damn near blitzed every down. Any more bad takes?

Also BTW, Haskins is statistically is on pace to have greatest QB single season in the history of the B1G. He's on pace for 48 TDs passing Drew Brees record of 39 and Curtis Painter's passing yards of 3,985

1 hour ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Boy did you back yourself into a corner.....lol, if you actually watched the game, this was the most he's been hit all year, they damn near blitzed every down. Any more bad takes?

Also BTW, Haskins is statistically is on pace to have greatest QB single season in the history of the B1G. He's on pace for 48 TDs passing Drew Brees record of 39 and Curtis Painter's passing yards of 3,985

WHOA. You mean after playing juggernauts Oregon State and Rutgers, Haskins was pressured more against TCU? He was actually hit the most all season against TCU?

Wow. I'm stunned. 

And you mean to tell me  that he's on pace for the single greatest season in the history of the B1G after 2 of his 3 games were against Oregon State and Rutgers? 

Give that man the Heisman Trophy in perpetuity and cancel the first overall pick in next year's draft. 

14 hours ago, JTagg7754 said:

Stat lines: taking things out of context since...... forever

Context: Ohio State's offense accounted for 6 points until that screen pass. They were being carried by the defense. Offense wasn't doing anything. Haskins had a big role in that. 

Objectively speaking, 6 points from OSU's offense through 2 and a half quarters is a mess. Relatively speaking, it was a disaster especially with how much you guys tout OSU's offensive weapons and claims that they can hang with anyone on any given day. And Haskins is a huge part of that. He wasn't playing well at all. Sure, if you compare the amount of time he had to Oregon State and Rutgers, he didn't have as much time but he certainly had enough time to get that offense to account for more than 6 points at that point in the game.

2 minutes ago, WeaponX said:

Context: Ohio State's offense accounted for 6 points until that screen pass. They were being carried by the defense. Offense wasn't doing anything. Haskins had a big role in that. 

The first drive Austin Mack dropped a TD pass that was put right on him/hit him in the hands. He dropped 4 balls total, all of which hit him right in the hands.

4 minutes ago, WeaponX said:

Objectively speaking, 6 points from OSU's offense through 2 and a half quarters is a mess. Relatively speaking, it was a disaster especially with how much you guys tout OSU's offensive weapons and claims that they can hang with anyone on any given day. And Haskins is a huge part of that. He wasn't playing well at all. Sure, if you compare the amount of time he had to Oregon State and Rutgers, he didn't have as much time but he certainly had enough time to get that offense to account for more than 6 points at that point in the game.

Yes, that is all they accounted for but the line doesn't show the easily catch and score dropped by Mack in the end zone. Haskins was partly to blame but a WR dropping 4 passes in one half might be a tad bit more to blame.

1 hour ago, WeaponX said:

WHOA. You mean after playing juggernauts Oregon State and Rutgers, Haskins was pressured more against TCU? He was actually hit the most all season against TCU?

Wow. I'm stunned. 

And you mean to tell me  that he's on pace for the single greatest season in the history of the B1G after 2 of his 3 games were against Oregon State and Rutgers? 

Give that man the Heisman Trophy in perpetuity and cancel the first overall pick in next year's draft. 

Well, If anyone knows about September Heismans it would be you, Tate Forcier, Sam McGuffie, Denard Robinson, and Devin Gardner.:D

On 9/17/2018 at 1:26 PM, MSURacerDT55 said:

Well, If anyone knows about September Heismans it would be you, Tate Forcier, Sam McGuffie, Denard Robinson, and Devin Gardner.:D

Nope, he wasn't a Michigan fan until last year. Checkmate!

People forgetting about Grier since there game got cancelled, but he's still gotta be right up there. Him, Tua and Murray are ahead of the pack. Then you've got Haskins, Fromm, JT, McSorley, Dillon and maybe a few other guys. Really gonna be hard to overcome the insane stat lines Grier and Murray are likely to put up, especially if either of them make the CFP.

15 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Nope, he wasn't a Michigan fan until last year. Checkmate!

People forgetting about Grier since there game got cancelled, but he's still gotta be right up there. Him, Tua and Murray are ahead of the pack. Then you've got Haskins, Fromm, JT, McSorley, Dillon and maybe a few other guys. Really gonna be hard to overcome the insane stat lines Grier and Murray are likely to put up, especially if either of them make the CFP.

I would say Haskins has been right up there with that top tier. Dude has played damn good. Stat line should have been even better vs TCU. He should have had another 4 completions and 40 yards if Mack didn’t get a case of the drops in the first half of that game. 

Archived