GOTW  

39 members have voted

1. 1. What is the GOTW?

• #12 LSU @ #7 Auburn
    • #1 Alabama @ Ole Miss
    • #4 Ohio State @ #15 TCU
    • #22 USC @ Texas

1 minute ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Feel terrible for ASU. How does that targeting call not give ASU a first down? 

Pretty crazy sequence.  Refs uphold a fumble by SDSU even though he was down then overturn a catch with no conclusive look that the receiver didn’t control.  

Just now, DirtyDez said:

Pretty crazy sequence.  Refs uphold a fumble by SDSU even though he was down then overturn a catch with no conclusive look that the receiver didn’t control.  

Yeah. No idea how you can say that was a fumble then turn around and say that wasn't a catch. Garbage from the refs in that final minute.

9 hours ago, malibuspeedrace said:

You’d think a Michigan fan would know what a complete mess at QB would look like....

yet, here we are

9 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

A universe of haters who make blind assumptions 

9 hours ago, nugpimpen said:

In what universe did Haskins look like a mess????

Go back and watch the game then. Haskins before the screen pass that went for a TD and Haskins after. Before the coaching staff called that play, he was having a bad game. Certainly not up to the expectations of a Heisman contender as the OSU fans here have been touting.

3 hours ago, WeaponX said:

Go back and watch the game then. Haskins before the screen pass that went for a TD and Haskins after. Before the coaching staff called that play, he was having a bad game. Certainly not up to the expectations of a Heisman contender as the OSU fans here have been touting.

You alone carry that sentiment, you'd ve better off just saying you hate tOSU and hopes he fails because your attempt to have an unbiased opinion makes you look even worse.

I like you though, you're fun 

11 hours ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Yeah. No idea how you can say that was a fumble then turn around and say that wasn't a catch. Garbage from the refs in that final minute.

Oh man, did the refs mess something up in an ASU game in the final minute and cost someone the game!? Wow. Gotta be the first time that's ever happened.

1 hour ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

You alone carry that sentiment, you'd ve better off just saying you hate tOSU and hopes he fails because your attempt to have an unbiased opinion makes you look even worse.

I like you though, you're fun 

Here's Haskins stats and the drive chart until that screen pass that went for a TD:

18/32, 211 passing yards, 0 TD, 0 INT, 1 rush, 4 yards

1. 7 plays, 62 yards, FG
  2. 5 plays, 32 yards, Punt
  3. 6 plays, 30 yards, Punt
  4. 7 plays, 46 yards, Punt
  5. 10 plays, 48 yards, FG
  6. 15 plays, 69 yards, Missed FG
  7. 3 plays, 4 yards, Punt
  8. 5 plays, 20 yards, Punt

So if I alone carry the sentiment that Haskins was struggling and was a mess before that screen pass, I'll stand by it. He wasn't good. The OSU offense had only accounted for 6 points at that point in the game. Sure, there were some drops. 

As I posted at the time, that screen pass was the perfect call by the OSU staff to get him going a bit. 

After that, Haskins was 6/6 for 133 yards and 2 TD. 

So yeah, Haskins was a mess before that screen pass. He was bad before the screen pass. And then he turned it around. Good call by the OSU staff to get his confidence up. 

Hope that was fun enough for you. 

35 minutes ago, WeaponX said:

Here's Haskins stats and the drive chart until that screen pass that went for a TD:

18/32, 211 passing yards, 0 TD, 0 INT, 1 rush, 4 yards

1. 7 plays, 62 yards, FG
  2. 5 plays, 32 yards, Punt
  3. 6 plays, 30 yards, Punt
  4. 7 plays, 46 yards, Punt
  5. 10 plays, 48 yards, FG
  6. 15 plays, 69 yards, Missed FG
  7. 3 plays, 4 yards, Punt
  8. 5 plays, 20 yards, Punt

So if I alone carry the sentiment that Haskins was struggling and was a mess before that screen pass, I'll stand by it. He wasn't good. The OSU offense had only accounted for 6 points at that point in the game. Sure, there were some drops. 

As I posted at the time, that screen pass was the perfect call by the OSU staff to get him going a bit. 

After that, Haskins was 6/6 for 133 yards and 2 TD. 

So yeah, Haskins was a mess before that screen pass. He was bad before the screen pass. And then he turned it around. Good call by the OSU staff to get his confidence up. 

Hope that was fun enough for you. 

I think there has to be a middle ground between "mess" and "expectations of a Heisman contender". Because I believe that stat line for a half is neither of those. If that is a mess for 1/2 of play, what do you call this stat line for an entire game?

20/30, 227 passing yards, O TD, 1 INT, 5 rushes, -21 yards?

Archived