Week 2 - Rams vs Cardinals

RamRod

Complete game for the Rams. The only nitpick I can have is that Goff threw that pick and took a sack rolling out of the pocket. Both times he shouldve just thrown the ball away. Also Goff missed a wide open Woods in the endzone for an easy td. Outside of those three things I saw, the Rams played a perfect game. Now lets go take on the Chargers next week so we can show them who is truly the king of LA.

1 hour ago, Flounch said:

Well, that was a easy win ! Against the Chargers it will be harder. 

I'm actually interested to see how McVay gameplans for Derwin James.  Chargers can be passed on, they can definitely be run on, and our special teams vs their special teams is like the Monstars vs Porky Pig and Granny.  We're likely going to avoid Bosa, but (and maybe I'm just remembering wrong) haven't we seen NRC have some issues with "bodying-type" receivers in the slot?  Whether it's Keenan Allen or Mike Williams, one of them will be there consistently.

Our DL is likely going to eat though.  Gordon goes down at first contact with amazing consistency (and may be coming in nursing a knee injury), and while Pouncey is definitely an improvement for them at center, Feeney and Schoefield are the starting guards right now (Lamp has yet to play a regular season snap) and where they struggle is where Donald, Brockers, and Suh all excel.

10 minutes ago, The LBC said:

I'm actually interested to see how McVay gameplans for Derwin James.  Chargers can be passed on, they can definitely be run on, and our special teams vs their special teams is like the Monstars vs Porky Pig and Granny.  We're likely going to avoid Bosa, but (and maybe I'm just remembering wrong) haven't we seen NRC have some issues with "bodying-type" receivers in the slot?  Whether it's Keenan Allen or Mike Williams, one of them will be there consistently.

Our DL is likely going to eat though.  Gordon goes down at first contact with amazing consistency (and may be coming in nursing a knee injury), and while Pouncey is definitely an improvement for them at center, Feeney and Schoefield are the starting guards right now (Lamp has yet to play a regular season snap) and where they struggle is where Donald, Brockers, and Suh all excel.

Good game to throw Lamp to the wolves. I think NRC does well against bigger WRs. He's sticky in coverage with them. IIRC, the games in 2017 where he was a little less effective were against Edelman types (short and very shifty).

Archived