17 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

• Steelers by 8+
    • Steelers by 1-7
    • Chiefs by 1-7
    • Chiefs by 8+
    • A TIE!!! hahahahaha

8 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Are we turning him into a CB or a Safety or a LB?

don't we need more drama and more offensive players? We need to score 50 points, not only allow 40 points . 

The chiefs game was very similar to out last non-browns game, the jags playoff loss.  Way to similar to be a coincidence, and will this continue ? 

The one place I will cut Colbert a bit of a break is that when he was drafting really well, we were a team that was looking for something few teams were looking for.  We wanted tweener DE"s who weren't big enough to play the 4-3.  DT's that could 3 gap.  Long corners who could play trail zone and tackle.

Now EVERYONE in the NFL wants those guys.

I said before that he needed learn to adjust something, and he never did.  What adjustments could be made you ask?  (1) Start looking for things other teams aren't looking for.  If that means you take some guys that 'specialize' in certain things as opposed to the 1 guy that does it all then you do that.  If it means taking a corner who can play 1 side in one style, then you do that and build your defense with that in mind.  (2) I've been saying this one for a few years but TAKE RISKS IN MOVING IN THE DRAFT!  If there's a guy you like, you move up for him.  Moving up from 25 to 14 to get the ILB you love means you save money at the position to the next 3-4 years and you can compensate through FA for the picks you 'missed out on' by trading them.  If the guys you want are all picked, you field the calls from teams looking up.  I know the naysayers always respond to this with 'it takes two to trade'; so are you saying that in all the years we picked 20-32 and all the trades that have happened in that area that 0 teams have called us about moving?  BS.  Teams have called.  Colbert is either too stupid or too stubborn.  Move from 25 to 33 and take that future 2nd or 3rd with it.  (3) Change your scouts or scouting service.  Obviously what you have isn't working.

If we ever got a new GM, #2 is the thing I want to see more of.  Movement in the early rounds.  Don't force yourself to take Burns, Edmunds, Davis just because they are there and it's your pick.  It's ok to move down.  Best case is you move down and they fall to your pick.  Worst case they don't fall, but you got extra chances to get a player through the picks you gained.  It's ok to pay to move up.  We liked Rashaad Evans, but didn't pony up enough to make the jump.  If you like the guy that much and you have a need, it's not that steep of a price.

Take this year for example.  It took a 1st and 4th to move up for Evans.  We had two thirds.  I don't care it was Baltimore.  Give up the extra 3rd we had at that point.  The pick in front of us got traded.  A 1st and 6th for a 1st, 3rd, 6th.  You don't think people were calling us for that pick?  You don't think Baltimore would have done that trade?  I think your only fooling yourself if you don't think those chances were there.

2 hours ago, warfelg said:

Don't force yourself to take Burns, Edmunds, Davis just because they are there and it's your pick.  It's ok to move down.

Many said these players would have been available later anyways, so that in itself is something that needs to change.

I thought we were going to move up to get Evans since thats a player I read that the team wanted to draft. Never happened.

Bad reaching in the draft and bad RD1 picks will doom a team eventually.  Skill position players might help get back into blow out type games with street football, but it's not how they draw it up is it?

I still think you need a good UFA once in a while. This team doesn't agree with that, they see UFA as more of a stop gap desperation move usually with players that are back up quality.  The FO can't hit on all their draft picks, so thats when UFA can help out or even trades. For some reason this team stays away from all that. Event he Bell situation, they stated their view on all this and won't pull the tag nor trade him. There is a time when they need to leave the ego and power control out of these decisions and get the most out of situation . 

I think it actually starts before free agency for us. We have shown a willingness to sign average guys to big money second or third contracts, which doesn’t leave us the money to fill our needs through an ufa. The dedication to players that were drafted by us goes too far. Maybe when we were one of only 2-3 teams playing a 3-4 it was okay since they knew the system, but everyone knows our system now. We have to know when to move on and replace them with similar talent for lower $$ than c2 or c3. Spend our money on core guys and replace average like NE does and we could afford to pursue game changers. 

Ugh....Pittsburgh media treats Brown like crap.  I'm surprised it's taken him this long to lash out TBH.  I DM'ed the writer that basically spent 1000 words bashing Brown for the sideline yelling.  The writer didn't know Brown was wide open, and didn't care.  The writer said it doesn't matter that he normally does this and mist people ignore it.  The writer said it didn't matter that Ben didn't throw to him wide open 4 times.  He said because camera's caught it he was selfish and you can't have a selfish player on the team.  I told him if that's the case we don't deserve Brown.

53 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

Welp... AB lookin straight the fool. He ain’t wrong about not being carried by Ben but an ill advised tweet when this team looks like cheeks isn’t the way to go about it. That ain’t it chief.

He was targeted 17 timed this past game five or take a few...several of which were deep shots....what the hell more does he want?

After his stupid tantrum yesterday and this garbage, along with threatening to punch somebody in Twitter, he’s looking like a spoiled brat.

1 minute ago, August4th said:

don't think browns antics are all that bad.. reminded me of the time brady went after bill obrien a few yrs ago on the sidline..players do that stuff all the time

just wish he would chill with the social media stuff.. but even still that's just media fodder.

Except when Brady did it, they called it passion.  When Brown did it they call it selfishness.  When Ben did it, they didn't cover it.

6 minutes ago, August4th said:

find it interesting that people are saying the rooney's should be embarrassed over this teams off the field "behavior" when I've heard stories from my uncles who said the 70s steelers were running wild off the field with drugs and stuff... people forget about that

Because that team won Super Bowls.  There's a good number of fans that think this is unacceptable because of no rings.

Archived