Week 2 GDT: Houston Texans at Tennessee Titans

Texansfan713

Completely outcoached in every regard by a coach in his 2nd career game.  The talent gap on that field today was STAGGERINGLY in our favor. 

• Horrific x's and o's decisions.  Titans had a gameplan in trying circumstance.  We exploited nothing. 
  • Horrific go for it, punt, fg decisions.  Punts inside the opponents 40 are turnovers!
  • Horrific discipline (Clowney, Bademosi). 
  • Horrific game feel (run was there all day - 5.7 yards per carry, protection wasn't) Miller got only 14 carries - 68 yards, Blue looked like Henry
  • Horrific penalty total (o-line and special teams).   11 penalties / 88 yards - tons of hidden yardage lost on penalties - even lost 10 yards of field position on a double pass, that O'Brien should have declined
  • Horrific preparation. (only team in 8 years not prepared for wildcat, uncovered gunner for 60 yard TD)
  • Horrific sense of urgency (another sleepwalking start, Clowney "rested", not going for lead from their 37, pass on 3rd and 1/then punt)
  • Horrific courage - soft - zero guts - Vrabel punched Obrien in the throat - Tone was clear from get go - Texans still in WV Resort-land.
  • Horrific pass rush - 1 sack vs. 2 first time tackles, one signed of the street vs. sack machine Blaine Gabbert (Barwin got him 4x one game)
  • Horrific heart - they converted every key short yardage situation including pounding us in crunch time - we missed arm tackles and punted in crunch time
  • Horrific time management - last play was mental error by Watson, but O'Brien clearly can't coach or prepare a team for a 2 minute drill
  • 1-7 in one score games - 9 straight road losses - 16 games in a row with turnovers - our coach sucks
  • How do you lose a game where you outgain them 437-283 with only 1 deep int in the end zone - QB was 22/32 310 vs 13/20 117
  • O'Brien is going to lose this locker room if he hasn't already - he's lost the fanbase
  • And yes, Watson - you have got to become a smart NFL QB - that was some Deshaun Kizer level idiocy two weeks in a row -

And Clowney needs to be fined a game check - Suit up or Shut up CLOWN - at least Mack and Donald called it a holdout you "blue flu" p.o.s. -  Would love to know what he said as three players whipped their heads around and ref immediately pulled a flag.  15 yard penalty led to 3 points as they essentially started drive on the 49.  We lost by 3 folks. Most boggling sideline idiocy since the Buddy Ryan punch

2 minutes ago, tab said:

i was mad at the start of the game but at the end i had to just laugh

Is this a repost?  Rings familiar somehow.  Like 5 seasons of it.

We are pretty much the Browns fanbase at this point and with good reason because if not for them WE would be the joke.  How many in game "worst" graphics do we need to appear on alongside the Browns before we figure out that we have a longer tenured Hue Jackson running this thing.  Why do I get the feeling that Nathan Peterman is going to end up starting games for us at some point? 

2 minutes ago, Apollo Stallion said:

We are pretty much the Browns fanbase at this point and with good reason because if not for them WE would be the joke.  How many in game "worst" graphics do we need to appear on alongside the Browns before we figure out that we have a longer tenured Hue Jackson running this thing.  Why do I get the feeling that Nathan Peterman is going to end up starting games for us at some point? 

The saddest part about all of this is that we missed our window for a legit HC/OC. All of the young bright stars have jobs now.

5 minutes ago, Apollo Stallion said:

we dont have Hue, we have Marvin Lewis

34 minutes ago, tab said:

we dont have Hue, we have Marvin Lewis

You mean 2-0, first place marvin lewis?

127-122-3 marvin lewis  >  31-35 O'Brien 

6 10+ win season lewis > 0 10 win O'Brien

AFC North Steelers and Ravens Lewis > AFC South Colts, Titans, Jags / 9-7 has never "won" the AFC North - many years they have had multiple 12 game winners!

Cheapskate Owner/GM > Billionaire Power 5 Owner

O'Brien has 1 playoff win against Connor Cook on Lewis and a few ugly h-t-h regular season wins in down seasons. Remember when O'Brien stubbornly had Mallett throw 45 horrific passes with a torn pectoral vs. them?  Think Obrien would beat the Steelers twice, '14 Colts, '13 Chargers, '09 Jets.  Wade Phillips Texans Defenses?   

As a reminder, Romeo Crennel had a 10 win season with the Browns in 2007.  O'Brien may have been 4th worst coach on the field today (see also Vrabel/LaFleur)!

1 minute ago, tab said:

i was thinking more of "guy who made a career of getting to the playoffs and immediately losing"

In fairness to Lewis, dude has had some bad luck in the playoffs(not that it excuses everything, but still). Dalton goes from being a respectable starting QB in the regular season to straight trash in the playoffs, and when Palmer had an MVP-level year, he ruins his knee in their playoff game and was never really the same in Cinci afterwards.

12 minutes ago, tab said:

i was thinking more of "guy who made a career of getting to the playoffs and immediately losing"

Yes, agreed Lewis is awful. O'Brien is Hue Jackson level incompetent and would have been exposed as such if he didn't inherit a Super Bowl caliber defense in 2014 and play in a division featuring 5-27 Jags/Titans in 14, 8-24 Jags/Titans in 15, 11-22 Jags/Colts in 16.  4-12 O'Brien is the real O'Brien.

we have a really talented team. The Offensive Line seems to be getting better, there were times where they sucked and then times where Watson had all day. We have young TEs, two really good WRs. A QB who has all the tools. There is no excuse for this.

Our D is good too. Kareem Jackson played a very solid game at CB. 

I am torn between wanting to turn the season around and wanting to be 0-9 at the bye week so we can fire BOB

having said all that, I saw several pre season predictions that had us starting 0-2 and finishing 10-6. We get the Giants, Bills and Browns this season, plus some others. I think we can still turn it around, but we need to come out ready to play and not come out outcoached. 

Archived