The un-HYPEd Thread

haveyoumetdustin

16 hours ago, ravishingone said:

Well, he is only playing not even 50 % of the snaps yet.  In fairness, how much should we expect  a rookie who missed all of training camp to play?  Joey Bosa seems to be the exception not the rule.  Asking Will Gholston to hold up at DT unless it is 3rd down as we have seen doesn't yield great results. And the new guy off the street, who knows.  I know what you are getting at and it may ultimately come to fruition.  I m just suggesting a little patience and see how the rest of the year plays out.

He’s also coming off injury too that had him out two months. 

The Koetter offense is a high risk, high reward passing game.   From 12 to 14 with the Falcons with Koetter as his OC, Matt Ryan threw 14, 17, and 14 Ints.  His weapons were Julio, Tony Gonzalez, and Toddy White, not too shabby.  I think we can all agree Monken is a more aggressive play caller then Koetter, so the risk goes up a little more.  Certainly, the offense needs to slow down the turnovers, but this offensive system doesn't mind throwing the ball  down the field a lot as the Bucs are first in yardage in air per pass play.  More air time = more risk.

14 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

The Koetter offense is a high risk, high reward passing game.   From 12 to 14 with the Falcons with Koetter as his OC, Matt Ryan threw 14, 17, and 14 Ints.  His weapons were Julio, Tony Gonzalez, and Toddy White, not too shabby.  I think we can all agree Monken is a more aggressive play caller then Koetter, so the risk goes up a little more.  Certainly, the offense needs to slow down the turnovers, but this offensive system doesn't mind throwing the ball  down the field a lot as the Bucs are first in yardage in air per pass play.  More air time = more risk.

I do think we need to dial back a bit on the risk. We can’t run the ball, so can we incorporate more of the quick passing game as a way to control the clock?

We drafted a QB who is a gunslinger and put him in an offence where his role is to be a gunslinger. That’s not really conducive to reducing turnovers or teaching a player to take low risk checkdowns. Winston’s confidence also seems to fluctuate quite wildly during games and you can almost feel when a turnover is coming at times.

I expect we’ll have another draft/ offseason investing in both lines and then we might finally have a running game we can rely on.

36 minutes ago, Buc Ball said:

I do think we need to dial back a bit on the risk. We can’t run the ball, so can we incorporate more of the quick passing game as a way to control the clock?

We drafted a QB who is a gunslinger and put him in an offence where his role is to be a gunslinger. That’s not really conducive to reducing turnovers or teaching a player to take low risk checkdowns. Winston’s confidence also seems to fluctuate quite wildly during games and you can almost feel when a turnover is coming at times.

I expect we’ll have another draft/ offseason investing in both lines and then we might finally have a running game we can rely on.

I hope we can all agree the oline played it's best in the 1st game, and really hasn't played to that level since. I believe the Rams are a close second in yds in the air per attempt.  Now I can't expect the Bucs to find a Gurley, but that type of a dual threat opens up wider windows in the passing game.  The right side of the line needs to be addressed.  For me, it s not about as 50/50 split run to pass, but being more efficient when you run.  I don't understand this platoon system on the line.  No other team does this, but the Bucs.  I want to see Benenoch succeed, but he is getting the RBs blown up and the  QB having to move.  I would be curious to see what pressures the Bucs QBs are to the rest of the top 5 offenses in the league.  I doubt they have the lowest QB pressures.

On 10/26/2018 at 12:04 PM, ravishingone said:

To this point I know we have to chill with all the turnovers, but our offense and frankly Jameis as our QB can make up turnovers fast. I’ve never been able to say that as a Bucs fan before. I can live with some turnovers knowing we have a top 5 offense that can be dangerous. Would you rather those Dungey offenses and 0 turnovers? I wouldn’t.

19 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

To this point I know we have to chill with all the turnovers, but our offense and frankly Jameis as our QB can make up turnovers fast. I’ve never been able to say that as a Bucs fan before. I can live with some turnovers knowing we have a top 5 offense that can be dangerous. Would you rather those Dungey offenses and 0 turnovers? I wouldn’t.

I lived through the Dungy area, some of the stat lines from the QBs who beat the Bucs would make you cringe because the offense sucked.

It s not like Koetter seems interested in reducing the passing plays.  The turnover ratio is skewed even further because it highlights how bad the Mike Smith defense was performing.  One 1 INT is yet another historically bad stat.  It goes to show if the media likes a guy, they give a lot more latitude on performance.  Mike Smith was in over his head as a DC from day 1, period.

Sorry about the tangent on Smith.  I want to see this team win because I like Koetter and find this team entertaining.  At least we have hope now the defense will get better.

Archived